So at what weight do women actually respond to a guy?

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me with guys.

You are supposed to run away...they are supposed to chase...it's the natural order of the universe...
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    In my experience weight isn't so much an issue as it is a) looking like you care about your overall appearance (which is more a matter of grooming and hygiene than it is fitness) and b) choosing the right girls. One of the hardest things that makes it difficult to approach women is that women don't "wear" their personalities like guys do. With guys you can usually tell a few things about his hobbies and interests by how he's dressed, because it's common for us to wear t-shirts that advertise our favorite sports, movies, bands, tv shows, whatever. Not so much with girls. Stick to approaching girls who, on some level, follow that same mentality. I find that if you can approach a girl and find a common topic of conversation right off the bat which you are knowledgeable and passionate about, the rest sort of just takes care of itself. So before you approach a girl, look her over to see if there's something about the way she's dressed that could give you some insight as to her hobbies and interests so that you can find a common ground of conversation to bring up before the initial approach. It completely eliminates awkwardness.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You're walking up to the wrong girls.

^^^This. I've never done that to anyone because it's just rude.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Look, lets be honest here, although the person who walked away without acknowledging you is completely rude, yes, looks matter for first impressions. They matter for women, they matter for men, i'm sure you are not approaching people you find physically unattractive. I would also find it a little creepy if a random guy I know nothing about came up to me.
    You've had good advice about getting to know people first so they can judge you on your personality and vice versa, but you don't want to do that because you think if you get to know eachother you will be friend zoned.
    So you don't want people to be able to judge you on your personality before knowing if they are interested or not, and you are not worried about what their personality is like either, so you are the one who is making it neccesary for both parties to judge on first impressions (yes, looks).
    You've had heaps of good advice here, and shot it all down, if you want a girlfriend, take some of the advice and do something about it instead of being all woe is me for 10 more pages.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    You need to have confidence.

It's hard, I know..I struggle with it a lot.

But strong confidence will go a long ways.

this is true - and also the person who said you are approaching the wrong girls is also right.
  • Destinie589
    Options
    I think you're handsome. If I walked away it wouldn't be based on your looks.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Dude. I was almost 40 pushing 250 or so and had a 20 yr old soccer player come on to me and we dated for a short time. Its about you being you and having confidence.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Dude. I was almost 40 pushing 250 or so and had a 20 yr old soccer player come on to me and we dated for a short time. Its about you being you and having confidence.

This.
  • Archer_isis
    Options
    I don't know. How much does a huge bank account weigh?
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

This.

was this the soccer player?

Planters-Unibrow-Girl-250.jpg
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your personality and not your body/weight. Just a thought.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

This.

was this the soccer player?

Planters-Unibrow-Girl-250.jpg

After all that happened I probably do wish it was her....
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You're walking up to the wrong girls.
    this.
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    You are so going to the wrong kinda girl. My ex-husband was 5'10" 300 lbs & my last ex-boyfriend was 6'1" 450 lbs & I always say I traded up. I LOVE a big man.:smooched: Everybody is different, some like big some like slim some don't care. Same as guys.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Here's the truth...you could be bald,short,.fat..and a 5 on a 1-10,...BUT if you walk into a room like yur a 10! It's a wrap!...confidence is sexy...plain and simple.

and I'll add this I've ALWAYS liked big guys!,..6ft or taller 230lbs.+.!!!.big ol teddy bears!!(I'm 5'3).....just so happens my Hubby is a little guy 5'6! go figure!!!,..ya cant pick who you love!!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'd date Danny de Vito like there's no tomorrow!

And I'm 5.10!

It's not about the weight but about your personality. Actually I know a big guy who dates a lot. He's always surrounded by girls. He's a firecracker!
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    So I've determined a lot of women on this site are OK with big guys but all the ones I meet in real life aren't. And as I've said a milllllllion times walking up to a woman takes confidence. Maybe you ladies would agree more if you didn't get approached so much, I dunno. That's the biggest problem I think. You're "job" as far as meeting men is so incredibly easy. It pretty much totally consists of shooting down guys until you decide one has enough of whatever it is you're looking for. It's a real shame.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Maybe you ladies would agree more if you didn't get approached so much, I dunno. That's the biggest problem I think. You're "job" as far as meeting men is so incredibly easy. It pretty much totally consists of shooting down guys until you decide one has enough of whatever it is you're looking for. It's a real shame.

False.
  • katie070563
    Options
    So I've determined a lot of women on this site are OK with big guys but all the ones I meet in real life aren't. And as I've said a milllllllion times walking up to a woman takes confidence. Maybe you ladies would agree more if you didn't get approached so much, I dunno. That's the biggest problem I think. You're "job" as far as meeting men is so incredibly easy. It pretty much totally consists of shooting down guys until you decide one has enough of whatever it is you're looking for. It's a real shame.

Absolutely not true! The reverse can be said too
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    lmao. he is spot on. Deny it all you like, he is completely correct.
    Maybe you ladies would agree more if you didn't get approached so much, I dunno. That's the biggest problem I think. You're "job" as far as meeting men is so incredibly easy. It pretty much totally consists of shooting down guys until you decide one has enough of whatever it is you're looking for. It's a real shame.

False.

You could go to any nightlife venue in the world and have your pic of most of the men there with almost no effort...if that was your desire.