Replies

• UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks great!!!

I am 5'11

SW 290
    CW 215.6
    GW 180 (Want to get here then re assess)

I have pictures on my profile.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Before:
    mkufy8.jpg

After; 5'9-5'10, I fluctuate 155-160lbs, mostly muscle from weightlifting:
    2hem1bq.jpg

1zcpyc5.jpg

You look great, nice job!!
  • Morgan_4282
    Morgan_4282 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 1/2 and started out close to 190 pounds. I used to wear clothes that hid my figure and was basically in denial about my weight. I joined MFP when I was around 160 pounds and now I'm around 152. I have about 15-20 pounds to go! These pictures are such a great inspiration!

Before (190ish)
    mpm_zps399e2e94.jpg

After (152ish)
    d8978812-1772-4da0-913d-b42d4423a559_zps86b0b3b7.jpg
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ lurk ^^^^
  • Dorothyslancaster
    Dorothyslancaster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wow! this was helpful! I certainly have more motivation thanks to everyone's before and after photos! I am not sure what my Frame is.. medium, I would guess.. I am just under 5'11. In my 30's I usually weighed 145 to 155. In my late 30's early 40's ( iam still early 40 s) after my son was born I maintained at about 160- to 170. I usually was about 165. In the last year I have packed on the weight! I am healthy, I am now just simply over weight! I am weighing in at 194 now. ugh! frustrating. My goal is to get back down to 165, by June before my vacation, and then take it down to 150/155 when I get back from Vacation. I will post my current starting pictures tomorrow.
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump to read when I get home!
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    So many inspirational pics and so nice to see women of all ages sharing the journey ...

Thank you to all for posting these!
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Wow! So much inspiration.
  • oliolioli92
    oliolioli92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love looking through these pics... your all amazing! can't wait to have some before and after photos of my own!
  • dancer2u
    dancer2u Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    "lurking" because I am 5"7 1/2
  • carlaeliza29
    carlaeliza29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The days I am feeling down or like nothing is working I come here to get motivation. Thank you ladies, you keep me going!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    5'9" and lurking.
  • tiffastar
    tiffastar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This makes me want to buy a corset :)
  • newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
    I am still in progress, and don't have pics to post yet (other than face in profile).

Height: 5'11'
    SW/HW: 330 (May 2013)
    CW: 270 (down 60lbs WOOT!)
    GW: 180 (give/take some)

I can't remember being anything less than around 220 in early high school and would love to get back at min of that but we shall see what I feel good at, the 180 is the top of the chart for my height/age range supposedly.
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump.. to read later
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    No I didn't.....that is really interesting. Great pictures everyone. Lots of motivation this morning.
    I will lurk about as well. 5'10 here. Did you know that only 5% of the female u.s. population is 5 ft 8 inches or taller. :D

Interesting! I am 5'8", and have 2 friends that are the same! My goal weight is 160. It seems like it's going to take forever to get there! But, i am 40, so it's a lot harder for me. :grumble:
    Always looking for similar friends!
  • carriemya
    carriemya Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What is actually a good weight for us? I'm 5'8 with a medium to large, semi athletic build body. I've always had 165ish as a goal and the other day googled "ideal weight" for my height and found numbers that were much, much lower. I know everyone's different, but what is a healthy range I should be shooting for?
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    What is actually a good weight for us? I'm 5'8 with a medium to large, semi athletic build body. I've always had 165ish as a goal and the other day googled "ideal weight" for my height and found numbers that were much, much lower. I know everyone's different, but what is a healthy range I should be shooting for?

I think a good weight is when you look and feel healthy. When I was 17, I weighed as little as 115, but my comfortable weight (where my body seemed to always settle at) was 130-135. Now that I am 54 and have been overweight for all of my adult life, my goal is 167ish--just to get inside those pesky weight charts. I think that women who have been overweight for a long period of time tend to weigh more than they look like they weigh. For example, I weigh 192 lbs (on a good day) and I just bought size 8 jeans. If I got down to 135, I think I'd have to shop in children's sizes--and I'm much to tall for that! :tongue:
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

I think it's very individual. It has taken me a lifetime to realize that I don't need to weigh a number according to what somebody else weighs, or says I should weigh.

I realize that when I pick up someone else's kid and nearly Hulk-throw them to the moon, that other people's kids are MUCH lighter than my little boulders. And if my kids are heavier...then maybe I am too (duh). Like "denser" or something. Muscles, bones, I don't know, but I am going entirely by looks now (not weight). But, I understand that at the weight I am right now, I could never achieve the "look" I want. I can see the fat on my body and even if I were to lose it and gain equal weight in muscle, it's just too much--I'd look like the biggest steroid-taking female bodybuilder out there with that much extra muscle. So, I know logically that I need to drop anywhere from 20-40 lbs, and I can identify the fat on my body (I can literally grip it in my hands). But I'll be building muscle too (in the right proportion). So, when that fat is gone, I'll be at my goal--whatever weight that is.

I really love seeing success of people my height. "Great job" to all of you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!