5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Options

Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    amflautist wrote: »
    5'12" here and loving all the pictures of tall women!

AKA 6 feet...
  • bliss76501
    Options
    I'm new to this app. Still exploring the site. But I am 5'8" and 189 pounds... most of my weight is in the abdomen area and muffin tops... other than that the other parts of my body I love. Arms need a bit toning as do my thighs but my *kitten* and calves are awesome.
  • leatat2
    leatat2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These posts and pics have been very inspirational!!! I am new to using MFP on a regular basis. I'm 5'9" and currently 190. SW was 195. I have gained 30 pounds since turning 40 four years ago, and it has been very frustrating and hard to get it off. Thanks for the motivation and inspiration!!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Love this post. I'll grab some pics tonight.

Height: 5'8
    SW: 150
    CW: 143
    GW: 135

• healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Do you guys think that 170 is a healthy weight for 5'11"? I had that at my goal but a lot of people seem to have their start weight at around there, so I don't know how to feel.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Do you guys think that 170 is a healthy weight for 5'11"? I had that at my goal but a lot of people seem to have their start weight at around there, so I don't know how to feel.
    It's healthy based on BMI. But only you can really decide. For example...if you are 170 but have a lot of fat around the waist, I would say it isn't healthy and you should lose more. But if you are 170 with a trim waist and either a fair amount of muscle or a little excess fat in places like your thighs or butt, then I would say it is healthy. Body frame also plays a role.

You have to see what you look like and decide for yourself. Also, even though it is probably healthy, you may or may not like what you look like...and that is all about personal preferences. Some women like a very thin look. Others prefer a slightly fuller look.
  • SleeveMeSeymour
    SleeveMeSeymour Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »

I think 170 is perfectly fine! I'm an inch shorter than you and aiming for 200 as my initial goal per my dr.'s advice. If I look good there, I will likely stop. Otherwise, I may try to keep going to 180.

As Moi mentioned above, body shape has a lot to do with it. Also, you want to get to a weight that you look and feel good at, and that you feel that you can maintain long term.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress and have about another 25 lbs to go. I am 5'10

Before: 180
    Current: 168

ikx9kos3g1db.jpg

a0tuucseocgi.jpg

You look great in both pics! Not sure that you have 25 pounds more you can lose though...
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks great! @immortalities‌ I'm glad you are trying to fix your CW, you are beautiful in both pictures, but definitely underweight right now! Lol, went you get a goal, you really work hardcore! That shows a lot of determination, and I know that you will succeed in getting to a healthy weight! At 5'10", what do you want your goal weight to be? I'm 5'7", and hoping to get to 140#. I also started from 195# :)
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    kvhtjbq3g79e.jpg

5'10
    SW: 195lbs
    CW: 108lbs (I realise this is underweight, trying to fix this! Support welcomed)

Congrats on your weight loss and I'm glad you are addressing your current weight. Your hair is beautiful (both pics). Especially love the "after" style. Good luck!!!

Everyone looks amazing. I'm 5'8" and have lost 56lbs (240lbs to 184lbs). Can't wait until I'm ready to post before and after pics!!!! I could probably do it now but want an even more dramatic change, lol.
  • immortalities
    immortalities Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks great! @immortalities‌ I'm glad you are trying to fix your CW, you are beautiful in both pictures, but definitely underweight right now! Lol, went you get a goal, you really work hardcore! That shows a lot of determination, and I know that you will succeed in getting to a healthy weight! At 5'10", what do you want your goal weight to be? I'm 5'7", and hoping to get to 140#. I also started from 195# :)

Thank you very much lovely! For a healthy BMI I should be above 9 stone or 126lbs, so that's my target weight! :smile:
  • immortalities
    immortalities Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    kvhtjbq3g79e.jpg

5'10
    CW: 108lbs (I realise this is underweight, trying to fix this! Support welcomed)

Congrats on your weight loss and I'm glad you are addressing your current weight. Your hair is beautiful (both pics). Especially love the "after" style. Good luck!!!

Everyone looks amazing. I'm 5'8" and have lost 56lbs (240lbs to 184lbs). Can't wait until I'm ready to post before and after pics!!!! I could probably do it now but want an even more dramatic change, lol.

Thank you very much! :smile: I need all the luck I can get I think. Hoping to regain about 18lbs through increasing my calories, while maintaining a mainly healthy diet, and strength training which I don't particularly enjoy as of yet! Haha.

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    kvhtjbq3g79e.jpg

5'10

Thank you very much! :smile: I need all the luck I can get I think. Hoping to regain about 18lbs through increasing my calories, while maintaining a mainly healthy diet, and strength training which I don't particularly enjoy as of yet! Haha.

Not sure if you have found the weight gaining subforum yet, but give this a read:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10049766/bulking-a-complete-guide-for-beginners
  • jshute71
    jshute71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    (*) bump
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    kvhtjbq3g79e.jpg

5'10

You don't need luck; you got this! It takes a lot of will and strength to lose almost 90 pounds. Stick with the weights, it will make you feel strong, give your awesome curves and give you tons of energy.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    wow! this was helpful! I certainly have more motivation thanks to everyone's before and after photos! I am not sure what my Frame is.. medium, I would guess.. I am just under 5'11. In my 30's I usually weighed 145 to 155. In my late 30's early 40's ( iam still early 40 s) after my son was born I maintained at about 160- to 170. I usually was about 165. In the last year I have packed on the weight! I am healthy, I am now just simply over weight! I am weighing in at 194 now. ugh! frustrating. My goal is to get back down to 165, by June before my vacation, and then take it down to 150/155 when I get back from Vacation. I will post my current starting pictures tomorrow.

I don't have many pics because I didn't want to remember me at 193 and a size 16, but I'm 36 and successfully gotten myself down to 155.2 twice. I'm 5'11. SO it's possible, but I don't have kids. In 2012 I got to 143 and for my age (even though 34 isn't old) it was too light. People would give me that "you are too thin" pity look and ask if I was sick. I met my BF shortly after hitting that goal and he even asked me to "beef up" a bit but I overshot that by 10lbs (Dude, when someone says "gain weight" you take them serious...LOL). I'm the most "comfortable" between 150 & 155 (comfy size 8). I stink at maintaining so I've got some learning to do.

Good luck - I know you can do it!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!