5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Options

Replies

• rbotlove
    rbotlove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @rbotlove great work! I can see the loss in your arms, belly and your cheekbones!
    Thank you so much!
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    5'10" here, CW approx 217lb...lurking. :-)
  • mfm143
    mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    As I still have 10 kg (22 pounds) to go, I'll post a before/during pic!

I'm 32 years old, and 176 cm tall (5'9 and a half)

BEFORE (1 May 2015)
    Starting weight: 97 kg (214 pounds)
    Body fat percentage (calliper test): 60.2%

NOW (7 September 2015)
    Current weight: 81.3 kg (179 pounds)
    Body fat percentage (calliper test): 35.8%

Total loss so far: 16.3 kg (36 pounds) and 24.4% body fat in just over 4 months!

Picture progress below.

I think the biggest misconception we tall ladies have is the expectation that we should be eating 1200 calories a day, just like other women who are only 5 ft tall or something. That amount is unsustainable for me. I've been able to do this by eating around 1700 calories of good, filling food a day!1lbkqbw0xiy9.jpg
    h46lrhsv0qax.jpg
    Wow great progress! What's your routine look like ?
  • BritBoogaloo
    BritBoogaloo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    mfm143 wrote: »

Thank you so much! Do you mean my training routine?

I train in the mornings 6 x a week. 3 days are cardio (5km jogs outside) and 3 days are resistance training- heavy weights at the gym, working full body; deadlifts, bench press, squats etc.

I have a personal trainer that helps me with the weights side of things (simply because prior to this I hadn't touched a dumbbell in my life). She changes up my program every month, but below are some snapshots of what my current program looks like.

I'm well aware resistance training is way more important for fat loss than cardio is, but I'm kinda using the jog days as my "rest" days to increase my cardiovascular fitness in the meantime and to ensure that I'm in enough of a routine that I wake up at the same time every morning to exercise without having to agonise about it. ;)

kv4ad5yi97r2.jpg
    vlr0frlrn1ta.jpg
    ax7owuf9gnya.jpg
  • mfm143
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thank you so much! Do you mean my training routine?

I train in the mornings 6 x a week. 3 days are cardio (5km jogs outside) and 3 days are resistance training- heavy weights at the gym, working full body; deadlifts, bench press, squats etc.

I have a personal trainer that helps me with the weights side of things (simply because prior to this I hadn't touched a dumbbell in my life). She changes up my program every month, but below are some snapshots of what my current program looks like.

I'm well aware resistance training is way more important for fat loss than cardio is, but I'm kinda using the jog days as my "rest" days to increase my cardiovascular fitness in the meantime and to ensure that I'm in enough of a routine that I wake up at the same time every morning to exercise without having to agonise about it. ;)

kv4ad5yi97r2.jpg
    vlr0frlrn1ta.jpg
    ax7owuf9gnya.jpg

That looks great I am currently (2 mo in) doing ICF 5x5/ 3x week and HIIT 2x/wk - did you ever have any issues with full depth squats ? I'm struggling w those right now can only do 1/2 squats at best - I'm 5'8 with really long legs.
  • BritBoogaloo
    Options
    That looks great I am currently (2 mo in) doing ICF 5x5/ 3x week and HIIT 2x/wk - did you ever have any issues with full depth squats ? I'm struggling w those right now can only do 1/2 squats at best - my legs are really long.

Your routine sounds perfect!

Yeah, I did have issues with squats, although I'm not sure if it had anything to do with how long my legs are. I think it more has to do with the difficulties I've had with getting the technique down pat and getting into the resistance training mindset. It's all still very new to me.

I'm getting better at full depth squats though! I also had HUGE issues with bench presses when I started, but I think I'm better at those now too! Practice, practice! ;)

• mfm143
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That looks great I am currently (2 mo in) doing ICF 5x5/ 3x week and HIIT 2x/wk - did you ever have any issues with full depth squats ? I'm struggling w those right now can only do 1/2 squats at best - my legs are really long.

Your routine sounds perfect!

Yeah, I did have issues with squats, although I'm not sure if it had anything to do with how long my legs are. I think it more has to do with the difficulties I've had with getting the technique down pat and getting into the resistance training mindset. It's all still very new to me.

I'm getting better at full depth squats though! I also had HUGE issues with bench presses when I started, but I think I'm better at those now too! Practice, practice! ;)
    Cool! Any techniques you could recommend for the squats ? What helped you improve your technique ? How long did it take to get depth ? -sorry for all the ?s
  • BritBoogaloo
    Options
    Cool! Any techniques you could recommend for the squats ? What helped you improve your technique ? How long did it take to get depth ? -sorry for all the ?s

The technique my PT did for me that really helped with the squats was dialling back on the weight and practicing goblet squats with a kettle bell. Once I incorporated that into my routine, full depth became a lot easier for me.

It probably took me about 4 months to get better at them but I am still by no means perfect!

If you find the squats too challenging to sit down at the full depth, then I think you may need to dial back on the weight. I only know from experience, haha.
  • mfm143
    Options

The technique my PT did for me that really helped with the squats was dialling back on the weight and practicing goblet squats with a kettle bell. Once I incorporated that into my routine, full depth became a lot easier for me.

It probably took me about 4 months to get better at them but I am still by no means perfect!

If you find the squats too challenging to sit down at the full depth, then I think you may need to dial back on the weight. I only know from experience, haha.

Thank you so much this was super helpful - I have remained at 50lb squats just until I improve form - but I guess it won't hurt to dial back and really work on that depth " one step back , two forward"
  • BritBoogaloo
    Options

Thank you so much this was super helpful - I have remained at 50lb squats just until I improve form - but I guess it won't hurt to dial back and really work on that depth " one step back , two forward"

No worries and that's exactly it! Ain't no shame in dialling back to improve technique! ;)
  • mfm143
    edited September 2015
    Options

No worries and that's exactly it! Ain't no shame in dialling back to improve technique! ;)

Thanks again ;)
  • SKMTX
    SKMTX Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Has anyone because of being tall had people make comments saying you are a man especially sine Caitlyn came to be?
  • palomapavlova
    palomapavlova Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This is such an inspiring thread! You ladies all look so fantastic and it's great to see so many different shapes and sizes.
    I'm on the low end height wise but have always felt like a big, tall girl. Prior to my pregnancy I was 227lbs, but having a true hourglass figure, I felt like I carried it relatively well (to be clear, I felt unhealthy and big but could comfortably wear a size Large/14 in most stores and had been lifting heavy with a pt). I gained way more than I intended to while pregnant and 5 months post-partum, everything just looks different and squishier. I'm now more inspired than ever to get in the best shape of my life for myself and my baby!

HT: 5'8"
    SW: 256lbs @ 41 weeks preggo :(
    CW: 221lbs
    GW1: 175lbs
    GW2: 155lbs
  • crystalcement
    crystalcement Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Priss08 wrote: »
    This is my first time posting, so if the pictures don't show that's why.

I'm 5' 9" and some change with a large frame.

SW: 315
    CW: 215
    GW:165

n5jknfydlx2u.jpg

*my photography skills are not the best.

Some change?? That's LOTS of change. You look fabulous. Keep up with whatever you are doing cause it is working.

• Priss08
    Priss08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Priss08 wrote: »
    This is my first time posting, so if the pictures don't show that's why.

I'm 5' 9" and some change with a large frame.

SW: 315
    CW: 215
    GW:165

n5jknfydlx2u.jpg

*my photography skills are not the best.

Some change?? That's LOTS of change. You look fabulous. Keep up with whatever you are doing cause it is working.

Thanks!

I worded that poorly. Lol I meant that I'm a little over 5' 9", but not quite 5' 10".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!