5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Replies

• russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Thanks so much for the motivation - I'm 5 months in to losing, not ready to post yet, but looking forward to the day I have the confidence all you women have shown!
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Bump- you all are extremely inspiring!!

I'm 5'11" and really want to be able to post on this thread. Currently doing some hardcore self reflection on why my first month on MFP didn't go quite as planned so hopefully (as soon as I figure why my brain is battling my body so much) I can post here too!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    PicMonkeyCollage_zpsabdbc6ec.jpg

I'm 5'9
    Start weight 220, June 2012
    Current weight 137, June 2013
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    wow this thread is great! I haven't got any 'after' pictures yet, but i'm 5'8 and started at 182 lbs I think and slowly got it down to 163 lbs which is my cw today. I want to get down to 145-150 lbs but I cant seem to break the 159 lbs mark..I get to there and then shoot back up to 163 lbs again. I would consider myself a pear shape but wear at UK 12 top and bottom I just have wide hips and big thighs I cant seem to budge!

Roughly how long has it taken people to lose the weight?

I am about the same stats as you.

I am 5'8

Started in March at 185 and a size 12. Now I am 162 and can fit in some size 8 clothes of mine. I haven't been in the 150's since early 2010. I can't wait to break into them. My goal is 135-140 or so. I have been in the low 140's before and I loved it. So I may be happy at 145. Just depends when I get there.

I am definitely loving this thread...everyone looks great!
  • alannabowes
    alannabowes Posts: 30 Member
    if I say "bump" does that mean I get to see this thread again?(I have no idea what it means). anyway, I'm 5'8.5ish but always had a smaller frame (was the scrawny kid in highschool)- SW 175 CW 172 (though it had been down to 168:S). looking to get down to 130. I was 130 on my wedding day two years ago. looking forward to seeing the results from people, hopefully it'll keep me motivated!
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    The only pic I have to share right now is my profile pic. I started out at 420 pounds. In the pic I'm 220 and current weight is about 215 or maybe less (weigh in day tomorrow :bigsmile: ). I'm setting my goal weight at 190 and then hoping (fingers & toes crossed) to have skin removal surgery and I figure whatever it is after that is just bonus. For me I can't imagine weighing any less.
  • bump
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    I envy you tall ladies! At 5-foot-4-and-ALL-OF-THAT-EXTRA-HALF-inches, AND doomed with a pear/hourglass shape, I look like someone angrily squeezed a tube of cookie dough in the middle!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    wow this thread is great! I haven't got any 'after' pictures yet, but i'm 5'8 and started at 182 lbs I think and slowly got it down to 163 lbs which is my cw today. I want to get down to 145-150 lbs but I cant seem to break the 159 lbs mark..I get to there and then shoot back up to 163 lbs again. I would consider myself a pear shape but wear at UK 12 top and bottom I just have wide hips and big thighs I cant seem to budge!

Roughly how long has it taken people to lose the weight?

I am about the same stats as you.

I am 5'8

Started in March at 185 and a size 12. Now I am 162 and can fit in some size 8 clothes of mine. I haven't been in the 150's since early 2010. I can't wait to break into them. My goal is 135-140 or so. I have been in the low 140's before and I loved it. So I may be happy at 145. Just depends when I get there.

I am definitely loving this thread...everyone looks great!

Update, I am now 159! Yay. First time I have been in the 150's since 2010. Goodbye 160's, and I hope I can say good bye to the 150's soon.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    There are absolutely variations in bone size and bone density. While these variations are no excuse for carrying extra body fat, the variations still exist. Bones are NOT 'the same size'.

I am a health professional....this statement is absolutely correct.

I'm on the "shorter" end of this thread at 5'8'', and my highest was exactly 230, back in March. People at work have told me numerous times that I "carry my weight well" (I am well endowed, with narrow hips/butt/legs, but wide, short waist) and that it's "ok" since I'm "big boned". I then tell them that my shoe size is 7.... SEVEN. I am NOT "big-boned"....I'm just fat, lol.
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    bump for later

I'm 5'9, currently 177, and I fit a size 10 jeans cause I have no booty, but I still wear a 12 because even though it fits in the butt it doesn't fit well around the muffins. large top though.

According to the wrist charts and stuff I have a medium frame.
  • jmcoyuela
    jmcoyuela Posts: 33 Member
    Everyone looks amazing!
  • Dort68
    Dort68 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm 5'11"...bumping this for later
  • Lauren344
    Lauren344 Posts: 50 Member
    Bump
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    I'm 5'8 and consider myself large framed

240lbs

prague08_zps5a357e6c.jpg

151lbs

IMG-20130602-00430_zps3bc9945c.jpg
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    what a great thread!

Here's my addition - I'm 5'11":

beforeafter-1.jpg

Amazing! Congratulations!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    I'm 5'10ish and started at over 400 pounds, yikes!
    My pics are on my profile page, feel free to look,
    Also I would love some new friends that are tall like me.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    bump
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    I'm 5' 8.5" and at the moment 150 pounds / 68kg. Want to lose 10 pounds or so... to 62kg / 140 pounds.
    Most of my life I was 66kg but now in my 40sI find it's hard work keeping it off.
    Will post bikini pic once I reach my goal. Soon I hope :wink:

Thanks for all inspiring pics :flowerforyou: Great thread.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    I'm 5' 8.5" and at the moment 150 pounds / 68kg. Want to lose 10 pounds or so... to 62kg / 140 pounds.
    Most of my life I was 66kg but now in my 40sI find it's hard work keeping it off.
    Will post bikini pic once I reach my goal. Soon I hope :wink:

Thanks for all inspiring pics :flowerforyou: Great thread.

Oh goody! I'll be waiting for your pics.:flowerforyou: We are exactly the same height and you are right now at my goal weight! :smile: Before MFP, I had a lower goal in mind, but now that I've learned a thing or two about fitness & MY body, I would rather be heavier with lean body mass (muscle) so that it will be easier to maintain (higher daily caloric allowance for the muscles = easier maintenance for a big eater like me). But then again, I'll just have to see when I get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!