Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Facebook ver.2?

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Sounds like you shouldn't have any friends on MFP at all. I love how you say you don't want to hear about people's problems on MFP and then you publically post one of your problems for all of us to see. Why bother?
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    why do i need to stalk people for? i'm not in the FBI or something....:huh:

It was a complement. The girls want you to stalk them. Or they stalk you. But....you could be FBI......

yes yes, he can stalk me anytime :love: ...damn I'm too much of a perv sometimes

You should plug your pants off policy. That may be your hook.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    I just drank some water, and in a minute I'm going to do it again.

Why... WHY? WHY WOULD YOU SHARE SOMETHING LIKE THIS ON HERE?
    What's wrong with you?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    I've actually added in my profile that I don't always post about fitness/weight-loss related stuff, that way people know what they get with me. This morning I posted about my dream in which someone stole my milkshake.

Totally devastated.
  • Charlie003
    Each to their own
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I've actually added in my profile that I don't always post about fitness/weight-loss related stuff, that way people know what they get with me. This morning I posted about my dream in which someone stole my milkshake.

Totally devastated.

I hate dreams like that!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    why do i need to stalk people for? i'm not in the FBI or something....:huh:

It was a complement. The girls want you to stalk them. Or they stalk you. But....you could be FBI......

yes yes, he can stalk me anytime :love: ...damn I'm too much of a perv sometimes

You should plug your pants off policy. That may be your hook.

come 3:30, guess what I won't be wearing? (well closer to 4, I have to get home first lol)
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    I prefer to have friends that mention personal stuff because it helps me connect to those people better and makes it more meaningful to have them on my list because I actually care about them as a person.

I'm with you on this one.
  • Charlie003

Totally devastated.

I hate dreams like that!

I stole your milkshake. Dairy Queen was closed.
  • HelloSweetie4

Totally devastated.

I hate dreams like that!

my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    My husband calls MFP "My Fat Book". As in, "You're on My Fat Book again, aren't you?"

I personally try to keep the two separate but I can see the draw of keeping friends who talk about their personal lives (I have plenty of friends who do this.) but occasionally, I do get annoyed when what I see is in no way related to health. For example, person has not logged in for two weeks then shows up with prom dress pics out of no where then disappears again. Honestly, I feel like that is not an appropriate use of MFP. Although, talking about the stress of losing a job or a fight with a friend/SO does affect our actions and how well we stick to our plans. I can sympathize with both viewpoints, though.
  • Dude.

Won't be friending you.

I don't friend people just to watch them lose weight. I friend them because I want to KNOW about them. And that includes their personal life AND their weight loss journey.

^^^ This!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    This may sound a bit harsh but I’ve had a few ‘myfitnesspal friends who I’ve ‘unfriended’ because they appear to use the app as a replacement for Facebook!!

I don’t want to know whether you had a hard day at work, or your having a mid life crisis. No, I just need to know how you are doing on the plan. Maybe those things are related but please mention the plan as well!! sigh!!

Then why is it you want friends?

Motivation. Someone to share the journey with. Someone who has good and bad days like me.

Can you just use the message boards for that then? There is a reason they are called friends.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    My husband calls MFP "My Fat Book". As in, "You're on My Fat Book again, aren't you?"

That's charming!
  • Charlie003

Totally devastated.

I hate dreams like that!

I was going to say that, but from me, it would sound gay.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member

I personally try to keep the two separate but I can see the draw of keeping friends who talk about their personal lives (I have plenty of friends who do this.) but occasionally, I do get annoyed when what I see is in no way related to health. For example, person has not logged in for two weeks then shows up with prom dress pics out of no where then disappears again. Honestly, I feel like that is not an appropriate use of MFP. Although, talking about the stress of losing a job or a fight with a friend/SO does affect our actions and how well we stick to our plans. I can sympathize with both viewpoints, though.

if they come in with prom dress pictures on their profile, isn't it safe to say that they are hardly 18 years old?

In my opinion, 18 year old profiles are bad news bears.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member

Totally devastated.

I hate dreams like that!

I was going to say that, but from me, it would sound gay.

You only get one bromance moment per 24 hours. You already used yours. Wait 24 hours and then you can say that.
  • HelloSweetie4
    Charlie,
    my milkshakes are better than yours anyway
  • Charlie003

if they come in with prom dress pictures on their profile, isn't it safe to say that they are hardly 18 years old?

In my opinion, 18 year old profiles are bad news bears.

Billy Bob Thornton is halarius. I spell with phonics.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie,
    my milkshakes are better than yours anyway

Testify!