my milkshakes are better than yours anyway

Testify!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Charlie,

Testify!

This just makes me want to whip out a Repo! quote, but no one would get the reference...
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Charlie,

We've had this conversation before. Charlie have milk and your milkshakes are bomb Jeepy.
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options
    Charlie,

We've had this conversation before. Charlie have milk and your milkshakes are bomb Jeepy.

damn skippy Cape!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Charlie,

damn skippy Cape!

By the way, I'm totally waiting on my milkshake. What gives?
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Charlie,

damn skippy Cape!

I hear your milkshakes are.....organic.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people need to talk with others who are in the same situation.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Having friends that go through good and bad and still have a sense of humor are what keep me going. I don't want to constantly talk about dieting. I want to actually enjoy this.

this
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My husband calls MFP "My Fat Book". As in, "You're on My Fat Book again, aren't you?"

I personally try to keep the two separate but I can see the draw of keeping friends who talk about their personal lives (I have plenty of friends who do this.) but occasionally, I do get annoyed when what I see is in no way related to health. For example, person has not logged in for two weeks then shows up with prom dress pics out of no where then disappears again. Honestly, I feel like that is not an appropriate use of MFP. Although, talking about the stress of losing a job or a fight with a friend/SO does affect our actions and how well we stick to our plans. I can sympathize with both viewpoints, though.

if they come in with prom dress pictures on their profile, isn't it safe to say that they are hardly 18 years old?

In my opinion, 18 year old profiles are bad news bears.

Actually, I think this particular person is 16 years old. I was not aware of this when they added me but now that it's done, I'm not going to drop the person simply because they are not 18. Age does not bother me when I'm not trying to date a person. People of any age can work to become healthy. I only ask that they make health their goal and not simply to be skinny.
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options
    Charlie,

damn skippy Cape!

I hear your milkshakes are.....organic.

no, they're orgasmic
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I hate when people post fitness stuff, I unfriend them :tongue:
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options

I know! What the heck do they think this site is for?! Jeeze!
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

LOL :drinker:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    My husband calls MFP "My Fat Book". As in, "You're on My Fat Book again, aren't you?"

I personally try to keep the two separate but I can see the draw of keeping friends who talk about their personal lives (I have plenty of friends who do this.) but occasionally, I do get annoyed when what I see is in no way related to health. For example, person has not logged in for two weeks then shows up with prom dress pics out of no where then disappears again. Honestly, I feel like that is not an appropriate use of MFP. Although, talking about the stress of losing a job or a fight with a friend/SO does affect our actions and how well we stick to our plans. I can sympathize with both viewpoints, though.

if they come in with prom dress pictures on their profile, isn't it safe to say that they are hardly 18 years old?

Actually, I think this particular person is 16 years old. I was not aware of this when they added me but now that it's done, I'm not going to drop the person simply because they are not 18. Age does not bother me when I'm not trying to date a person. People of any age can work to become healthy. I only ask that they make health their goal and not simply to be skinny.

Its harder when you're in high school I think. For some reason, the members that are in high school are obsessed with the latest fad diet and only want to consume 800 calories a day or less, then complain about how they're not skinny enough (when they're at a healthy weight) for whatever event that's coming up.

Not every one is like that, and there are even some adults that do the same, but in my experience, I see that a lot with 18 year old or less profiles.
  • bco1158
    Options
    I always feel like somebody's watching me..

LLB5QUDBSZ_images.jpg
  • bco1158
    Options

CDRCZM30C3_2427787_orig.jpg

yup
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

That's charming!

It sounds like my husband. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Its harder when you're in high school I think. For some reason, the members that are in high school are obsessed with the latest fad diet and only want to consume 800 calories a day or less, then complain about how they're not skinny enough (when they're at a healthy weight) for whatever event that's coming up.

Not every one is like that, and there are even some adults that do the same, but in my experience, I see that a lot with 18 year old or less profiles.

The grass is always greener.....

For me it was much easier to *stay* at goal weight when in high school because I had a much higher BMR and plenty of time to play sports.
  • btetsola
    btetsola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hello all

Now that i've been labelled as an 18 year old spotty yoot, my original point can be ridiculed? shame on you. My profile is completely open and you can see that it was created in 2011 with little success. Then i decided to up the ante before chrimbo and thought I could do it with like minded individuals. Its always nice to work together and my original post just highlighted my frustration.

All I can say is....I wish I was 18!! lol

ciao x
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Isnt it a bit odd that your complaining about people posting their "good and bad days" on this as if it were facebook but isnt complaining about that not fitness related and actually a reflection of the fact your having a bad day so you go to MFP to complain? Conversations or postings dont always have to be read. I was on this for over a year before a had a "friend" on it. Delete them all except the ones who pass your test....

on another note - you've done 30 postings ... they are really all fitness related? relax! stop taking it all so serious. you dont have to control everyone else on here to get benefits from the site.