Facebook ver.2?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• elliemae207
    Options
    For me, since the social aspect is what's making it easier, I *want* to hear about people's lives. Yes, I use this site more than fb now because these people *care* about the weight loss AND about me. I post things and say things not related to weight loss sometimes. It's what I want out of it though.

If it doesn't work for you, don't be friends with me. I prefer to find real connections because it keeps me motivated. It's not the same for everyone though and that's ok.

I agree. It's not for everyone, and to each his own. I have MFP friends who hardly post and then there are those who post more than I post on FB myself! LOL! I do enjoy seeing what others have to say about their day and not just about the plan. It makes this journey more bearable.
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I prefer to have friends that mention personal stuff because it helps me connect to those people better and makes it more meaningful to have them on my list because I actually care about them as a person.

I feel the same way. Now family drama that is just looking for attention I can do without but with the few friends I have on here, I haven't seen any of that. I will support my friends no matter how they need it; diet, motivation, bad day, whatever. That's what "friends" are for!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have logged over 500+ days on this website. I really don't think I could have done that if there weren't for the social element of the site. Use the site for whatever you want to use it for, but know that not everyone here achieves success in the same ways that you do.

To all my friends who use this site to joke, flirt, or make conversation about their ordinary lives, thank you! It is your presence here that has kept me engaged and returning every day.