Married Women-Your Thoughts?

I was wondering how the married women in this forum would feel about your husband posting in the "rate the person above you" threads?

I recently noticed my husband posting in one of these and I'm not sure how I feel about it. How would you feel? Do you think it is wrong? Do you think it is more in the gray area? Or do you think there is nothing wrong with it what so ever?

Replies

• Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    I do it...So why would it bother me if he did it.

And a lot of people post 9s and 10s just to be nice regardless of what the person looks like.
  • MsBookandTea
    MsBookandTea Posts: 39 Member
    Good question. I don't think my husband would participate in that, but if he did I think I'd be insecure and feel bad about myself. Since already feel bad about myself, it would probably make it much worse.
  • It depends on the couple I suppose. Some couples are more "laid back" with their spouses and are okay with lusting after other people.
    I know my husband would have a cow if I did this and I would have a herd of cows if he was acting this way. We never dishonor each other, physically or mentally if we can help it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Everyone gives a 9 or a 10 anyway. It's meaningless.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    And another thing. I dont think its that bad of a thing to post ratings. Its more so to boost the other persons self esteem IMO.

Now if he were making compltely inappropriate comments to women...then thats an issue.
  • In my opinion, this type of behavior is unacceptable in a marriage. He needs to honor you and appreciate your beauty, he married you. He might not see it as a big deal, but we want our men to look at us as beautiful. When they turn their attention towards other women, on purpose because it's one thing to notice an attractive woman and another to tell her about it online, it is a betrayal.
  • Every marriage has it's own "rules" but I would not appreciate my husband participating in that thread, and I would not participate in that type of thread either. It seems very flirtatious to me.

If it bothers you, I would let him know.
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    I don't get the rate the person above you threads to begin with and assumed they were for young singles. However, it's just a thread I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless more of a conversation followed.
  • MsBookandTea
    MsBookandTea Posts: 39 Member
    In my opinion, this type of behavior is unacceptable in a marriage. He needs to honor you and appreciate your beauty, he married you. He might not see it as a big deal, but we want our men to look at us as beautiful. When they turn their attention towards other women, on purpose because it's one thing to notice an attractive woman and another to tell her about it online, it is a betrayal.

I agree.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    I'm married and don't participate in those threads anymore. I see nothing wrong with it if you're both ok with it... but I personally feel like it's a bit disrespectful.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    It would not bother me at all. He is married, not dead :) Even though I know I am not the best looking person out there, I know he is with me.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    I go in them, because, to me, it's more of a motivational thing and not a "You're a 9. Let's ****". For me, anyway. And besides, if I'm in there, why should I get angry if my husband is too.

But if it bothers you, the only thing that you can do is talk to him about it. It really doesn't matter what ANY of us feel and how it works for us. What matters is how YOU feel and how he feels about it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Telling a stranger online that she is attractive is hardly cheating. I wouldn't mind at all. It doesn't mean he cares about you any less.
  • My husband would never participate in one of these. What is funny is I know what kind of woman he would find attractive and he knows the same for me. We have no problem commenting on that. I guess because we are confident in our relationship. However actually flirting with someone is completely out of the question. I don't participate out of respect for him and he wouldn't out of respect for me.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Well, I posted in them, but tried to go under girls. So it be okay. I use to ban male buds too, but have a few of them now who I had trouble saying no, as long as its understood I'm madly in love with my perfect hubby.

It is more of a single world, an excuse to flirt, so I can see why it might bother you. If it was once, not such a huge deal. If he frequents them, I'd think about a talk.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    I'm married and don't participate in those threads anymore. I see nothing wrong with it if you're both ok with it... but I personally feel like it's a bit disrespectful.
    agree!
  • I was wondering how the married women in this forum would feel about your husband posting in the "rate the person above you" threads?

I recently noticed my husband posting in one of these and I'm not sure how I feel about it. How would you feel? Do you think it is wrong? Do you think it is more in the gray area? Or do you think there is nothing wrong with it what so ever?

if u feel hurt by it, its wrong. i dont mind but there are alot of things im not ok with. like he cant hug other women even if they are friends. it gives me that "hurt" feeling inside (hope you no what i mean) so therefor its not ok. u need to talk to him about it, hearing other ppls opnion might make u push ur feelings aside and ignore them and that will only cause some resentment.
  • Telling a stranger online that she is attractive is hardly cheating. I wouldn't mind at all. It doesn't mean he cares about you any less.

I don't agree with this. I have a close friend whose wife actually left him after starting a relationship this way. It started just like this and then progressed into personal messages and ended with her leaving her husband and children to move across the country to be with the person she met on a message board. I thought that was crazy, but then I found out it happens more often than you would think.
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    If you don't like it, you need to tell him. A mature response on his part would be to stop participating.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Telling a stranger online that she is attractive is hardly cheating. I wouldn't mind at all. It doesn't mean he cares about you any less.

This. I wouldn't care.