Married Women-Your Thoughts?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I don't know how I'd feel if I was a woman and my husband did that. What I do know is that the OP is kinda hot. Let's be friends. Creeper PM and friend request sent.
  • I go in them, because, to me, it's more of a motivational thing and not a "You're a 9. Let's ****". For me, anyway. And besides, if I'm in there, why should I get angry if my husband is too.

But if it bothers you, the only thing that you can do is talk to him about it. It really doesn't matter what ANY of us feel and how it works for us. What matters is how YOU feel and how he feels about it.

^^^This!!^^^
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    It would not bother me at all. He is married, not dead :) Even though I know I am not the best looking person out there, I know he is with me.

Ditto! If this kind of thing makes you jealous or whatever, then there are other issues going on in your marriage that you need to address. If you truly don't have any marital problems, then you need to work on your OWN self confidence. I'm confident enough in myself that I couldn't care less if my husband posted something like that. I know he loves me and he's not going anywhere. You think he doesn't ever see a girl and think she's good looking? Please. Just like I'm sure you have seen guys before and though - oh! That's a pretty good looking guy. Like the girl above me said - he's married, not dead.
    Cool:)....but....are you married? With children?
    The standards and expectations between couples can be individual, but....a husband's wandering eyes can really wipe out a wife!
    Our standards are....we just look at eachother.
    Not that other women are not attractive to my husband, just that, he does not want to do that. And, it hurts me.:)
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Maybe you guys should talk to each other instead of battling it out in front of internet strangers to try and get people to take sides. Are you 13 or adults?

Firstly were not "battling it out". She noticed I had participated in one of those threads and I told her she was over reacting because it was completely innocent. To take it to another level and insult us by calling us 13 yr olds is just in and of itself juvenile.

I told her if you dont believe me... post a thread asking for opinions about it and you will see that I am right. Well I have not gotten as much support as I had initially hoped for lol. But I assure you it was purely out of boredom.

Honey were going to have angry sex tonight I can tell already.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    In my opinion, this type of behavior is unacceptable in a marriage. He needs to honor you and appreciate your beauty, he married you. He might not see it as a big deal, but we want our men to look at us as beautiful. When they turn their attention towards other women, on purpose because it's one thing to notice an attractive woman and another to tell her about it online, it is a betrayal.

Honestly, this is how I feel. It might sound uptight, but I hope my future husband feels this way.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Being old andcomputor dumb, I've seen those threads and wondered how in the world to you check the one above you???
  • I think it would depend on what he said. Like some of the others have said most people give a 9 or 10 all the time and lets be honest ... were not all 9s or 10s (me included) but I dont think id be upset if he rated ... but if he said something like yummm or sexy id be a little hurt.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Maybe you guys should talk to each other instead of battling it out in front of internet strangers to try and get people to take sides. Are you 13 or adults?

Firstly were not "battling it out". She noticed I had participated in one of those threads and I told her she was over reacting because it was completely innocent. To take it to another level and insult us by calling us 13 yr olds is just in and of itself juvenile.

I told her if you dont believe me... post a thread asking for opinions about it and you will see that I am right. Well I have not gotten as much support as I had initially hoped for lol. But I assure you it was purely out of boredom.

film at 11?
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    I do not think it is okay, but my husband and I are clear on this issue. If he were to do something I was uncomfortable with I would approach him in private though...
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes..I can see this thread, yes she has all of my passwords including this one. And I did it a total of like 3 times purely because I was bored and find it entertaining. And admittedly like to see how others perceive me. Nothing wrong with that is there?
    I guess I get to be the voice of reason here.

Allow me to enlighten you. This bothers your wife in a bad way regardless of what YOU think. Talk about it and ask yourself why you feel the need to publicly comment on other women's attractiveness. Nothing wrong with acknowledging someone has worked hard on their arms and legs, or trimmed down their waist but there's no need to to tell these women if you think they're sexually attractive. I know guys are visual creatures and no one is saying you can't think that but it doesn't hurt to not say every single thing you think. So you run into someone who is attractive and you mention it. Again no big deal but do you really need to hunt down opportunities to do this? Just asking, not judging.

Props to you two for openly discussing it though. That's a bigger deal than anything. Just be honest about what you're doing and don't hide it. That never works.
  • Maybe you guys should talk to each other instead of battling it out in front of internet strangers to try and get people to take sides. Are you 13 or adults?

I think you are cut off all weekend ;)
  • pleasant_dreams
    pleasant_dreams Posts: 11 Member
    I was wondering how the married women in this forum would feel about your husband posting in the "rate the person above you" threads?

I recently noticed my husband posting in one of these and I'm not sure how I feel about it. How would you feel? Do you think it is wrong? Do you think it is more in the gray area? Or do you think there is nothing wrong with it what so ever?

Personally i think it's a no go zone. It's like commenting on a woman down the street. I wouldn't be okay with my husband calling another woman a 10 while we were shopping, why would the internet be any different.

Regardless of what anyone else thinks, its all down to you. If it made you feel bad, then its not on. If you're okay with it then it's not an issue :)
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Argh, nevermind, I was trying to quote someone. Now I cant deleate this comment and without the quote my comment was meaningless. I was just gonna say the PP who said your hubby needs more chores if he has time to read those threads made me giggle a bit.:smile: I give my hubby chores too (that sounded dirty, but thats not how I meant it lo)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I wouldn't care. At least he spent 3 seconds away from trolling through MWO threads. :laugh:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member

Ha! Spoken like a true man. I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Telling a stranger online that she is attractive is hardly cheating. I wouldn't mind at all. It doesn't mean he cares about you any less.

This. I wouldn't care.
    I don't care either. You can't accuse a person of a behavior unless you really have a legitimate reason to doubt the person. I compliment people all the time and think it's a nice gesture.
  • It would not bother me at all. He is married, not dead :) Even though I know I am not the best looking person out there, I know he is with me.

Ditto! If this kind of thing makes you jealous or whatever, then there are other issues going on in your marriage that you need to address. If you truly don't have any marital problems, then you need to work on your OWN self confidence. I'm confident enough in myself that I couldn't care less if my husband posted something like that. I know he loves me and he's not going anywhere. You think he doesn't ever see a girl and think she's good looking? Please. Just like I'm sure you have seen guys before and though - oh! That's a pretty good looking guy. Like the girl above me said - he's married, not dead.
    The standards and expectations between couples can be individual, but....a husband's wandering eyes can really wipe out a wife!
    Our standards are....we just look at eachother.
    Not that other women are not attractive to my husband, just that, he does not want to do that. And, it hurts me.:)

You are totally right about the wandering eyes wiping out a wife! There is some serious truth to that.
    Couples ought to do what they can to look extra hot to each other! If anything it helps to keep the husbands eyes from wandering. Be a jewel to your man and he, as long as he's not a dbag, will super appreciate it.
  • It would not bother me at all. He is married, not dead :) Even though I know I am not the best looking person out there, I know he is with me.

Married with 3 kids. We have been together since junior year in high school, so 16 years now. :) Neither of us are the jealous types. He wants to be with me or he doesn't. Message boards don't make people have affairs. Facebook don't make people have affairs. If a guy is going to flirt/cheat and/or act inappropriate online, GUARANTEED he's doing it in real life, too. (flirting with the girl cutting his hair. Flirting with someone at work - whatever!) Bottom line - you trust him or you don't. The 'rate me' things on here are totally harmless fun.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Another thing that's a little f'ed up is that he's rating women right in front of you. Yeah, guys will be guys, and I've never expected boyfriends to refrain from checking out women when out with their guy friends. But I would be very hurt if they had commented on a woman's attractiveness right in front of me.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member

film at 11?

Showtime is at 12am EST we accept paypal and money orders. :drinker: