Married Women-Your Thoughts?

Options

Replies

• ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    From a semantics point of view, I don't think rating women's bodies qualifies as "chit-chat".
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    From a semantics point of view, I don't think rating women's bodies qualifies as "chit-chat".

hhhmmmmm....food for thought:blushing:
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I don't think it is that big of a deal...just having fun. As long as it doesn't go any further than rating on a thread :smile:
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I was wondering how the married women in this forum would feel about your husband posting in the "rate the person above you" threads?

I recently noticed my husband posting in one of these and I'm not sure how I feel about it. How would you feel? Do you think it is wrong? Do you think it is more in the gray area? Or do you think there is nothing wrong with it what so ever?

Wouldn't think anything of it... My husband has eyes so he can see other women... It's not a crime as far as I am concerned!

THIS! (:
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't want him doing it, because it seems immature and attention seeking to me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Dude, I was told that once I was married I would no longer have to have thoughts. Or opinions. Or money. Or a job. What are you trying to do here?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how the married women in this forum would feel about your husband posting in the "rate the person above you" threads?

I recently noticed my husband posting in one of these and I'm not sure how I feel about it. How would you feel? Do you think it is wrong? Do you think it is more in the gray area? Or do you think there is nothing wrong with it what so ever?

It's a flirt thread, no? What concerns me more is that you "don't know how" you feel about it. Whenever someone doesn't know how they feel or what they think about something it reminds me of a woman from a generation ahead of me who may or may not have given birth to me who lived her entire life for a man to the point of now not knowing what smells she even likes. This drives me insane and makes me want to say those three little immortal words. Just. Break. Up.

Go out and have exactly 3 margaritas then drunk dial him. leave a message. in the morning at least one of you will know exactly how you really feel. Call me in the morning. That's my prescription. En vino veritasse.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I see it as rating, flirting and judging another womans body. So if he's judging it, whats he comparing it to? No thanks, its a slippery slope. No need to even go there.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are both very happy, comfortable and secure in our relationship. A little online flirting like this (on this site or others) is fun and no problem for us. Maybe it is for some other couples that aren't quite as secure and open? This is one of those issues that totally depends on the couple; what works for one couple may not work for another.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    To say what works for one couple may not for another but then to call that other couple "aren't quite as secure and open" seems contradictory and like you're making a huge assumption. Just because we don't flirt online doesn't make us insecure. Heck I'd go so far as to say that we're pretty darn secure that we don't need to step outside of our relationship to get the positive feedback that's needed. I believe that if you act like you're single, eventually you will be!
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well...I answered this question from a little bit "different" point of view than most married people on here. So, I think we all should agree to disagree. :smile:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It seems like people nearly always give a 9 or 10 even when the person is clearly not, so I take these threads with a grain of salt. My husband wouldn't participate. Social media isn't his thing, but if he did...I think he'd show the threads and we'd both have some fun posting a number for whatever person posted above.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, this type of behavior is unacceptable in a marriage. He needs to honor you and appreciate your beauty, he married you. He might not see it as a big deal, but we want our men to look at us as beautiful. When they turn their attention towards other women, on purpose because it's one thing to notice an attractive woman and another to tell her about it online, it is a betrayal.

This is beyond ridiculous. :laugh:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Just realized someone bumped an old thread...
  • NoExcuses79
    NoExcuses79 Posts: 233
    Options
    IDK what to say or if there is anything to be said, but I feel like saying it anyway. My wife is lying here next to me right now asleep and I responded to a thread asking what is sexy about the person above you? I answered honestly and my wife would not be happy if she seen me participating in that type of discussion. At the same time we have been together for the better part of 20yrs and have even experimented sexually with people in the past. I love her very much and would not trade her for the most beautiful women on this site or anywhere. It would still make her uncomfortable so I can definately understand the mixed feelings here. Most people atleast in my experience are untrustworthy male and female married or not. You know if your partner is a cheating, disloyal, untrustworthy person or not. Maybe that is why your uncomfortable and should deal with that issue.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I do it and don't see anything wrong with it. My hubby is on MFP too and hasn't said anything to me. It's natural to find other people attractive. We have a great marriage and he knows where I'm sleeping every night ;)

With that being said, everyone is different and only you know your spouse. Is he the type to possibly take things further? Would this be temptation for him?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    With that being said, everyone is different and only you know your spouse. Is he the type to possibly take things further? Would this be temptation for him?

if women on the internet are a temptation, he will struggle with ever going ANYWHERE where there may be women...
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't get the rate the person above you threads to begin with and assumed they were for young singles. However, it's just a thread I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless more of a conversation followed.

Well said
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    If ANY married woman on here ever thought their husband NEVER looks at another woman in 'that' way then the woman has more problems than just a rating on a forum.
  • tq1977
    tq1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do it as well, we are married but still human.