What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
As of Monday, I'm back on healthy eating and regular exercise -- been rubbish in the last few weeks and can see/feel the difference. I'm good for lunch, dinner and snacks as I had a massive batch cooking session yesterday which will last me a fortnight! However, I'm stuck on breakfast.

I usually need wholegrains and protein to feel satisfied. I tend to eat breakfast in work and have access to a toaster and microwave.

Just not feeling inspired at the moment! On maintenance (1810 net cals but looking at 2000 with exercise) so can afford a few calories...I'm also a VEGGIE so NO MEAT! :)

Replies

• danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i have eggs usually.. but I did make some oatmeal bars homemade out of basically A TON of oats, protein powder, almond milk, nuts & dried berries/fruits. They were great to-go & you can put alot of cals in them, and whatever carb fat protein ratio u need pretty much.

A bagel would prob be easiest for you but its got no protein :///
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup egg whites 1/4 cup egg creations,mix together add 1 or 2 tbsps of phsyllium,make into an omlette,2 pcs rivita and 1/2 cup salsa,,,enjoy :)
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of quinoa cooked in 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk + 1 mashed banana + 1/4 cup frozen blueberries (or fruit of your choice)

it's better fresh, but if I'm running late I'll take it to school with me and warm it up. If I know it's going to be a long time until lunch and I can spare the calories, I'll also add some slivered almonds, walnuts, or pecans
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just made a batch of baked oatmeal in muffin tins, they came out good mine are 200 cals each and 6 grams of protein but I think the protein could be upped pretty easily. Mine were 3 cups of oats to 1 cup of almond milk, 2 eggs, cinamon, 1/4 cup natural cane sugar (it called for brown) a pinch of salt and some baking powder, 4 oz walnuts, mashed up a couple bananas into the mixture then sliced bananas on top and in the last few minutes of baking I sprinked a tiny bit of brown sugar on top. 1 tsp did all 12.

next time I'm going to add some more egg whites and a bit less sugar, maybe try apple cinamon.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Low fat Greek yoghurt. Mix in granola, fruit and some stevia or Truvia to sweeten it.

Or a bagel with cream cheese. Toast and peanut butter. You could always add a protein shake if you want more protein too.
  • mommyrox05
    Options
    I love love love greek yougurt...(I get Yoplait 100 calorie 2x protien), mix in 1/4 C rolled oats (raw), and about a cup of fresh fruit (ususally raspberries, peaches blueberries), and sometimes if I don't have fresh fruit I will use frozen berries. So delish and about 250 cals.
  • pikanchi
    pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having porridge made with hazlenut milk, perhaps with a square of dark chocolate grated over or with sliced banana. Otherwise, I've been leaning towards granola with soy vanilla yogurt.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of whole grain english muffins. Low cal and high fiber. I eat them with chevre (goat cheese), soy butter, peanut butter and honey, or nutella!

I also eat a lot of instant oatmeal. And yogurt. I'm on a budget so I get big containers of low-fat yogurt (greek is expensive!) and add granola cereal like go lean crunch and go lean crisp! Yum!

I love breakfast!
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Greenberry Shakeology. It's EVERYTHINGGGGG
  • Lilphoenix
    Lilphoenix Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    These all sound delicious ^^

I usually have oatmeal with a little protein powder mixed in, sometimes a little coconut, and soy milk
    Cheerios are always an excellent go-to!
  • AdriannaSky
    Options
    I try to eat as little as possible during the day because I know that I tend to snack in the evening after dinner. When I do eat breakfast I have a little bit cereal, apart from on the rare occasion when my mum cooks me eggs and stuff :)
  • ohtobe140
    Options
    my new favorite breakfast is 1/2 cup nonfat plain fage yogurt with 1/2 cup uncooked oats and some all fruit jam or nutella mixed in. It keeps me full for a long time and I LOVE it. I feel icky if I don't eat it, I strayed one day this week and I wasn't as full or happy. YUM
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good ideas above!

I eat two eggs in olive oil and a whole wheat English muffin. Protein keeps me fuller longer, but an apple about 2 hours later for snack keeps lunch at bay so well that I'm not dying to eat. I also love shredded wheats but I put them in a baggie (dry) and eat them on my way to work with coffee. The fiber keeps me full till snack (apple).
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I make a pancake egg sandwich with 2 eggs and a bagel. THis is fairly portable and even tastes good cold but you could warm it in the microwave. Then I have a cup of soy milk and a banana.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb so I have fried eggs, bacon, and 1 slice of low carb bread with butter. Since the bread has 5 carbs, uterus only slice I get all day. Sometimes I have scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. This is my biggest meal. I have a salad for lunch almost everyday.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake and usually steamed vegetables. Fills me up and low on calories. And If I feel like it sometimes I will make a low fat, low sugar berry smoothie.
  • claireliza2012
    Options
    I have Weetabix with fruit. I eat it every morning, quite religiously! haha
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb so I have fried eggs, bacon, and 1 slice of low carb bread with butter. Since the bread has 5 carbs, uterus only slice I get all day. Sometimes I have scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. This is my biggest meal. I have a salad for lunch almost everyday.

uterus diet? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Most days I'm running out the door and grab yogurt or a granola bar. If I have the time, I love eggs and whole wheat pancakes!