What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• slywon
    slywon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I start work at seven thirty in the morning so on work days I keep it simple. My multivitamen and my cod-liver oil with a cup of unsweetened almond milk and 3/4c-1c of a healthy cereal (Special K Red Berries right now). Do not forget a good cup of coffee!
  • Christygogo
    Christygogo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Protein load, my breakfast is the same every morning, its about 400 calories. I cook eggs and turkey bacon ahead of time so its super fast to make. One high fiber wheat english muffin, 2 pieces of turkey bacon (I like the eating right brand from safeway), 1 egg, fried with olive oil, and about 0.8 ounces of skim mozzarella cheese. Probably not the best choice but I love it!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I've been making maple brown sugar oatmeal.

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
    1-2 tbsp flaxseed meal
    1-2 tsp brown sugar (light or dark; I prefer dark)
    1 tbsp REAL maple syrup (not the pancake aunt jemima stuff)
    1 tbsp soy protein
    1 cup water

I mix the oats, flaxseed meal and brown sugar together, add 1/2 cup of water and let soak overnight (usually stick it in the micro ready to go). Add the other 1/2 cup water in the am and stir well. Microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring after each until done. Stir in soy protein and maple syrup when done (I've tried adding both before but it didn't work well).
  • judyavo
    Options
    what about some low fat cottage cheese with strawberries some almonds or walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.. keeps me going for quite awhile
  • round_and_brown
    Options
    1 packet plain instant oatmeal
    1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    2 tbsp chocolate PB2
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    a dash of cinnamon

and a sliced up apple with 1 tbsp almond butter on the side

it's the greatest.
  • sono918
    Options
    Do you have a recipe for the oatmeal bars. Sounds really good. I usually have plain nonfat yougurt 1c with 1 tbsp chia seeds and about 1 tbsp of protein powder.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    oh, my normal breakfast,

coffee with a little bit of cream (much better than the little bit of coffee I used to have in my cream and sugar)
    I have a bunch of fruit trees in my backyard, so I try and keep it fruit until 11:30, with a big breakfast once a week and every couple of weeks, I split a bagel with my wife, because just fruit doesn't seem to cut it that day.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    plain instant oatmeal with protein powder or rice chex cereal with almond milk
  • 4everdieter
    4everdieter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat several different things for breakfast. Some days I eat frosted mini Wheat's.(21 pieces). I also like to eat Jimmy Dean's Delights. . I like to eat cottage cheese and to add a little more flavor to that I add some black berries, flax seed and pumpkin seeds. I learned that from my cousin but she uses Greek yogurt. Peanut butter on 100 calorie sandwich slices is also good. I like a little variety not the same thing everyday.
  • Bikini_Beast
    Options
    black coffee, egg white, and/or fruit.
    OR a Protein Shake
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood, though I never stray from one of three options:
    > Egg Beaters, scrambled and usually mixed with some sort of cheese.
    > Fruit and yogurt smoothie (Always has a banana, yogurt of some variation, and Simply Apple in the mix, though other fruit is added as per what's available that season).
    > Oatmeal, flavored in the home, rather than from an instant packet. I've been making a s'mores-flavored one a LOT, lately.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    cereal, yogurt and a piece of fruit, for me usually a banana. Not only does that give you a very wide variety, it gives a great start to your day
  • Belliny
    Options
    egg whites
    chopped fresh tomatoes
    chopped bell pepper
    chopped onion
    little bit of mozzarella cheese
    1 slice of turkey breast

put it all together like an omelet...

1 toasted whole wheat bread slice

4oz 100% apple juice
  • sleeplesslions
    sleeplesslions Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    on days that i work out i have a protein shake with fruit (frozen berries, banana etc), on rest days its usually weetbix and fruit :)
  • kzedelbee
    kzedelbee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    usually 1 poached egg, couple of plum tomatoes and a few mushrooms, slice of bacon if i'm feeling fancy and occasionally a slice of gluten free bread. It keeps me filled up and my blood sugar level until lunch which is key for me. Cereals and fruit just make me want to binge later on.

I've not recorded my losses yet but have lost 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Oats, whey, flax seed and a handful of berries. Blend. Fruit smoothie. Bingo, goooooood morning :bigsmile: :wink:

lens2329538_1228960020smoothie_recipes.jpg
  • alibongo2013
    alibongo2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i start my breakfast with a glass of apple juice,either oats so simple porridge,or shredded wheat with skimmed milk, and a greeck style muller corner,i adhere to the maxim eat a breakfast like a king!!!
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    It varies but these are my main choices:-

Gluten free toast with a dash of butter and Marmite
    Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
    Fried egg and bacon
    Smoothie made from fresh or frozen berries, flax seeds, banana, and almond milk

I'm really into the toast thing at the moment, but a few weeks ago it was the smoothie every day. My biggest problem is I need to eat low carb for health reasons but really struggle to eat adequate fibre, even with fibre supplements I struggle in the bathroom department. The smoothie helps but is too high carb for me really. it seems I have two health issues which demand the exact opposite diet to each other. I cant win.
  • Millie4l
    Millie4l Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have frozen berries and a slice of toast for breakfast - my husband prefers porridge made with half milk/half water with a dash of maple syrup. This can be made the night before, and taken to work and warmed up in the microwave :-0)

Good luck and remember that portion size is important!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Typically, I will make a slimfast mocha for breakfast.