5 Pound a Month February 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Great job Phyljen! Way to stay strong and pass on the gooey marshmallow brownies, that takes a LOT of will power! I like popcorn also and its not that bad if it didn't have butter on it! Good for you.
    The ancient Egypt talk does sound very interesting. I have always wanted to go to Egypt for vacation. One of the most fascinating places IMO. Thanks for sharing.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! How is your week going? It is really hard to believe the end of the month is on Sunday! Are you going to reach your goal this month. I am not going to make it unless I can lose 4 pounds by Sunday. This was a hard month for me. I really did not feel well for the first few weeks of the month. Thankfully I did not gain but sadly I did not lose either. I am changing my exercise goals for the rest of this month and next month. To push me towards my goal.

Exercise Goal #1
    Work-out at least 2 hours per day, 6 days a week.

Goal #2
    Burn 1000 calories or more a day through exercise

Goal #3
    Strength train 2-3 times per week.

Eating goal 1 fruit with every meal, 1 vegetable with every meal or snack.

Remember we weigh in on Friday for our weekly weigh-in and then again on Monday for our start of the month weight. Best of luck to everyone who is still with us on this challenge.:drinker:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    I have also been having a hard month - lack of sleep has meant less exercise and weight loss... I will not make the 5 pound goal this month, but next one will be here soon.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Lack of sleep always does me in. It makes it hard to not snack during the day trying to find the energy to make it through the day. I can still get in my workouts, but I really have to just get on the bike or treadmill and go for a few minutes and then I somehow find the energy to push through and get a great workout! But that has taken me almost a year to find the drive to workout even when tired!

Last weigh in of the month is tomorrow! Are you drinking enough water? Logging all your food eaten? Getting a great workout?

I am excited about tomorrows weigh- in because this is the first weigh-in that I have worked out 2 hours a day (though I missed last Friday and Saturday's workout). I am felling great so I can't wait!

Make it a great day!
  • apparatus195316
    apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm updating a day early, can't wait :laugh:

January starting weight: 154
    February 1 weight: 148
    February 12 weight: 146
    February 19 weight: 149
    February 25 weight: 145.5

Last week was kind of bogus (read: friggin 3lb weight gain?? :noway: I think it was bloat.) but I recovered. I missed this month's goal by 2.5 lbs but that means that I LOST 2.5 lbs, wooooo hooooooo!! People are starting to tell me how skinny I look :blushing:

April 1 Goal: 140
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I'm updating a day early, can't wait :laugh:

January starting weight: 154
    February 1 weight: 148
    February 12 weight: 146
    February 19 weight: 149
    February 25 weight: 145.5

Last week was kind of bogus (read: friggin 3lb weight gain?? :noway: I think it was bloat.) but I recovered. I missed this month's goal by 2.5 lbs but that means that I LOST 2.5 lbs, wooooo hooooooo!! People are starting to tell me how skinny I look :blushing:

April 1 Goal: 140

I know it is a bummer to not reach your goal, but the numbers are still going down and that is what counts. Keep up the awesome work!:flowerforyou:
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    so i lost 2 lbs this week. so far this month ive lost only 3.5. im hoping for another 2 next week and i'll have at least made the 5 lb challenge!!! i weigh in on tuesdays, so march 2nd will be the end of my febuary. i was hoping to lose more than this this month, but i'll take whatever i can get!!!!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    TCASMEY, you have inspired me, I am going to do a double work out tomorrow. Double Bootcamp, wish me luck!:tongue:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    TCASMEY, you have inspired me, I am going to do a double work out tomorrow. Double Bootcamp, wish me luck!:tongue:

Way to go! What are the Bootcamp workouts like? In my mind they sound like 30 day Shred which is pretty intense! Hope your workout goes well!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Friday February 5 weight 179
    Friday February 12 weight 178.4
    Friday February 19 weight 177.4
    Friday February 26 weight 177

.4 pounds:frown: but it is still moving in the right direction, and I will take that. I was stuck in the mid 180's for months due to my lack of motivation but I am not going to do get stuck in the 170's. I will keep working out and eating healthy. This is my new lifestyle, not a diet but a way of life! Hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Friday February 5 weight 179
    Friday February 12 weight 178.4
    Friday February 19 weight 177.4
    Friday February 26 weight 177

.4 pounds:frown: but it is still moving in the right direction, and I will take that. I was stuck in the mid 180's for months due to my lack of motivation but I am not going to do get stuck in the 170's. I will keep working out and eating healthy. This is my new lifestyle, not a diet but a way of life! Hope everyone has a great Friday!

I forgot to add that it was only .4 pounds this week, but I snuck in a quick measurement this morning and the waist is down an inch and each thigh is down almost an inch this month:happy: :happy:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi pals,
    I was excited to weigh in because I was sure I had lost a couple pounds, well I did lose one so that was good.That means I met the goal of 5 pounds in a month. `i have not measured but will on Monday. I feel my clothes are looser so I am sure I have lost inches too. Yippee!
    so here goes for my weigh in:
    Starting weight in Jan: 159
    Feb. 1 - 156
    Feb. 5 - 154
    Feb. 12- 153
    Feb. 19- 152
    Feb. 27- 151
    Goal by end of March: 146. or LOWER!
    Phyljen Good luck everyone.
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It was a good month overall. I was a little frustrated when I only lost .4 for this week, but when I look back at the month as a whole, it was a successful month.

Feb. 1= 208.6

Feb. 12= 206.8

Feb. 18= 202

Feb. 26= 201.4
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hi pals,
    I was excited to weigh in because I was sure I had lost a couple pounds, well I did lose one so that was good.That means I met the goal of 5 pounds in a month. `i have not measured but will on Monday. I feel my clothes are looser so I am sure I have lost inches too. Yippee!
    so here goes for my weigh in:
    Starting weight in Jan: 159
    Feb. 1 - 156
    Feb. 5 - 154
    Feb. 12- 153
    Feb. 19- 152
    Feb. 27- 151
    Goal by end of March: 146. or LOWER!
    Phyljen Good luck everyone.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Way to go! Awesome you met the goal!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    It was a good month overall. I was a little frustrated when I only lost .4 for this week, but when I look back at the month as a whole, it was a successful month.

Feb. 1= 208.6

Feb. 12= 206.8

Feb. 18= 202

Feb. 26= 201.4

That was a great month! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    TCASMEY-
    .4 is great, slow but steady will lose the weight! Great job on the lost inches! Inches lost is a wonderful feeling. Keep it up!

Phyljen-
    You are doing fantastic! So close to under 150! Great job on making the 5 lbs this mth.

Erinm-
    .4 is better than .3 :happy: I would say you had a VERY successful mth, 7.2 lbs wow! Keep up the good work.

I will weigh in after my lunch break. I have been up and down sticking around the 150's so I would love to have the scale stay under this week. Friday I was back up, but by Monday I was back to the week before weight. Just hope to see a new, lower number today. I'll check back in once I weigh in.

Good luck everyone and happy Friday!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Okay here is my weigh in:
    01/2/10 171.0
    01/9/10 168.8
    01/16/10 165.8
    01/23/10 167.0
    01/29/10 168.8
    02/06/10 165.8
    02/14/10 162.6
    02/20/10 163.4
    02/26/10 163.4

I may have gone up last week, but at least I did not gain this week. At least I am still under 165, that is huge for me. I do normally weigh myself Saturday and Sunday morning as well and normally by Sunday I am down a little more. I don't weigh every day of the week because I know how frustrating that can be. Just over the weekends.

Everyone is doing great, keep up the good work and have a beautiful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Ok my turn, here I go...

2/1: 153
    2/5: 151
    2/12: 149
    2/19: 150 (Monday 2/22: 148 I think that gain was mostly sodium making me hold onto water)
    2/26: 146.5
    :bigsmile:

1 and 1/2 lbs!

Oh Ya, oh ya, oh ya ya ya! (what my daughter says when she is happy, lol)
    I made the 5 lbs! Now if I can only be good this weekend... :tongue:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Ok my turn, here I go...

2/19: 150 (Monday 2/22: 148 I think that gain was mostly sodium making me hold onto water)

1 and 1/2 lbs!

WOW! Way to go! I am so happy for you!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Ok my turn, here I go...

1 and 1/2 lbs!

That is great. Keep up the awesome work. You can definitely make it through the weekend. Just remember why you are doing this. Have a great weekend. :bigsmile: