5 Pound a Month February 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OMG angelwings, we have the same body! But I have put a few more years on mine. Lots of luck on the loss. I'm rooting for you.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I am so happy, if I keep this up I'll hit 145 next week. I heard that as you get close to your goal it just gets harder and harder to lose. :ohwell: But I am ready for it!

BTW I started using Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and LOVE it! I can feel my abs getting stronger and it is something I can do late at night after my monsters go to bed! If you need a new DVD you should try it!

:drinker:
  • k_garcia_06
    Options
    Hi! Everyone! I would like to join in too if you all don't mind!!!

My first start date was 02/16/10 and weight was 247! (i felt so eww after really seeing it):sick:
    Last weight taken was today and I'm at 236! (so excited) :happy:

My official weigh days are Tuesdays! I have been doing good so far! I usually can never stay on a diet period! :angry:
    But I am more determined than ever, just need some support! :heart:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :tongue:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Welcome to the group K! :flowerforyou:

Check in with us when you can, this is a great group if you need support! I'll be here for you.

~Jenn
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am at 181, so I have reached my goal this month! Yea
    Feb 1 - 186
    Feb 26 - 181

Just trying 1 lb a week and staying with that. This feels better than any other time i have tried to lose.
    Welcome K to the group!
    Everyone is doing soooo great today! Keep up the great work.
    I am going to look up the the yoga tape this weekend. I am going to stick with drinking ALL the water.... It seems to really help.
    Chat later Sandy
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hi! Everyone! I would like to join in too if you all don't mind!!!

My first start date was 02/16/10 and weight was 247! (i felt so eww after really seeing it):sick:
    Last weight taken was today and I'm at 236! (so excited) :happy:

My official weigh days are Tuesdays! I have been doing good so far! I usually can never stay on a diet period! :angry:
    But I am more determined than ever, just need some support! :heart:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :tongue:

Welcome to our group! You are doing awesome! Whatever you are doing keep it up!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Okay, I am at 181, so I have reached my goal this month! Yea
    Feb 1 - 186
    Feb 26 - 181

Just trying 1 lb a week and staying with that. This feels better than any other time i have tried to lose.
    Welcome K to the group!
    Everyone is doing soooo great today! Keep up the great work.
    I am going to look up the the yoga tape this weekend. I am going to stick with drinking ALL the water.... It seems to really help.
    Chat later Sandy

Way to go reaching your goal! I was thinking about trying the Biggest Lose Sculp dvd. Anyone ever do this workout?

Have a great Night!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI PALS,
    I WANT TO WELCOME JABeller, K-Garcia-06 and Sandy!!!! This group ROCKS! Good luck this coming week with your goals.

Terri_ Way to go this week and thanks for all the encouraging comments to everyone. You are one Awesome lady.

Jenn_ As always you are such an inspiration. Wonderful to hear that you lost1 and a half pounds. YIPPEE. You Rule!!!

I pushed myself this morning (Saturday) on my run.( jog) instead of the 60 minutes I kept going and going and made it 100 minutes of jogging without stopping. I fell great. I came home and have been drinking water like it is going out of style. Already have downed 9 cups! I won't say how many times I have been in the little ladies room!!! I took a long relaxing soak in my mini jet tub and it was like being in heaven for an hour. I am ready to the day. Love Saturdays... but gotta do some planning for the coming week at school and writing a few report cards would be a good idea too.

Looking forward to the Weigh in on Monday. Cheers Phyljen
  • JAH1123
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is jen.

Starting weight : feb 27 205

goal: 195 by March 27

I hope i make it!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is jen.

Starting weight : feb 27 205

goal: 195 by March 27

I hope i make it!

Hi Jen,

You can make it! Welcome to our group!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    HI PALS,
    I WANT TO WELCOME JABeller, K-Garcia-06 and Sandy!!!! This group ROCKS! Good luck this coming week with your goals.

Terri_ Way to go this week and thanks for all the encouraging comments to everyone. You are one Awesome lady.

Jenn_ As always you are such an inspiration. Wonderful to hear that you lost1 and a half pounds. YIPPEE. You Rule!!!

I pushed myself this morning (Saturday) on my run.( jog) instead of the 60 minutes I kept going and going and made it 100 minutes of jogging without stopping. I fell great. I came home and have been drinking water like it is going out of style. Already have downed 9 cups! I won't say how many times I have been in the little ladies room!!! I took a long relaxing soak in my mini jet tub and it was like being in heaven for an hour. I am ready to the day. Love Saturdays... but gotta do some planning for the coming week at school and writing a few report cards would be a good idea too.

Looking forward to the Weigh in on Monday. Cheers Phyljen

100 minutes of jogging without stopping.....you are incredible. I am so jealous! I want to be a jogger so bad but it bothers my neck problem! I am so proud of you for being able to do that! Keep up the great work!:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • phyljen
    Options
    Terri,
    LOL You seriously make me feel like a SUPER STAR! :laugh: You are my Greatest cheerleader. Thanks! I have not jogged for years and I am personally amazed myself that I have been able to work up to 100 minutes without dying on the street. I found that jogging around the track was not as fun so I took to the streets of Cairo. There is a lot of junk to jog over and cars and dogs to dodge but that makes me forget that I am jogging and adds to the fun. Wish you neck was feeling better so you could do some running too. I feel so good when I get home. I can't believe how you can do TWO HOURS of exercises every day. Only one day a week I do 2 hours and the other days just one hour or like today one hour ad 20 minutes. I will see how my weight loss continues and if it stops or slows way down I will have to add more minutes or speed? We'll see I guess. I measured my hips and had lost 2 inches in Feb. and in my bust 2 as well so that was good news!! I hate big boobs!! Gotta go... Have a good day. Phyljen
  • phyljen
    Options
    Welcome Jen. YOU can do it... Just check in every day with the food log in and exercise log and read all the posts and you will find that with the support and motivation of this group you can do anything you put your mind to doing. Glad to have another newbie join us. Phyljen
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I will not freak out I know that 1000 calories over on the week does not equal a 1 pound gain but crap a dap it's frustrating when your body holds onto water/weight/whatever:explode:
    2/1 211.8
    2/19 207.7
    2/26 208.7:tongue:
    still possible to make my 5 pound goal for the month, but highly unlikely as I am in the car on my way to Disneland
    I do have healthy snacks/breakfAst foods and water. Maybe the walking all day will counter act the Disney food
  • phyljen
    Options
    Ireed-

Crap a dap?? I have never heard that saying before. It made me laugh. Sorry about the pound. I am sure it is water weight.
    Do you go to Disney land often. That sounds like so much fun. I went there years and years ago as an adult and had a blast. Took the kids once too and it was a little more stressful. I think they were too young and got tired of walking. I remember liking the ride small world so much. I am not much for those fast scary rides.
    I'll be cheering for you to lose a couple pounds from all the walking from ride to ride. Hey enjoy yourself. You don't go to Disney every day. Phyljen.:wink::laugh:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I will not freak out I know that 1000 calories over on the week does not equal a 1 pound gain but crap a dap it's frustrating when your body holds onto water/weight/whatever:explode:
    2/1 211.8
    2/19 207.7
    2/26 208.7:tongue:
    still possible to make my 5 pound goal for the month, but highly unlikely as I am in the car on my way to Disneland
    I do have healthy snacks/breakfAst foods and water. Maybe the walking all day will counter act the Disney food

Lots of walking and healthy choices and you will do fine. I went to Disney over the summer and was please that they do have healthy snacks and food. Bring snacks with you if you can because the first day I paid $2.75 for one apple! Most places have salads. Skip the treats, or plan on having one treat and log it. I went to Safeway one evening after I got back from the park and got "smartones" ice cream cones because I wanted one at the park but didn't know the calorie facts. I still got my ice cream but it was less calories and easier to log. Just my 2 cents...
    Good luck and have fun! :flowerforyou:
  • lreed
    Options
    Phylijen- I am a colorful person ;) we live in N Calif but haven't been to Disney in about 5 years. The hubby and I are taking our sweet girl (10) to Disney think it will be great she is easy peasy we are going to have fun! Going with little bitty kids can be very stressful we have a 3 day pass and are about 1 hour away! Magic kingdom here we come!:happy:
    Leah
  • lreed
    Options
    Thanks Jennplus2 got my almonds and protein bars and powder don't have fruits and veggies but I'll get those for my meals!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Ireed,

Have a great time at Disneyland! It sounds like a wonderful place.

I tried a mile on the treadmill today and then walked another 4miles. We will see how the neck feels tomorrow! We are planning to go swimming this afternoon!

Have a great day!
  • phyljen
    Options
    Terri,
    Do you go to an indoor pool? I love swimming! That is great to do a mile on the tread mill and then walk for 4 miles after that. Did you walk out side? I hope you neck is not hurting you.
    Just got back from the step aerobics class. My instructor is really FAST, and she likes to do all kinds of turns and kicks and I have to work hard to keep up and remember all the moves. But I really enjoy it. We also do pilates for about 15 minutes at the end and that is very relaxing and feels good to stretch SLOW!
    Have a good last day of FEB.:tongue: everyone!