5 Pound a Month February 2010 Challenge

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Its and indoor pool and thank goodness since I live in Minnesota and the high here today was 38 degrees F. I have a treadmill so I can walk indoors. I have lived in Minnesota my whole life and I absolutely hate being outside when the temp is below 15 degrees. So I spend a lot of time inside in the winter. Spring is hopefully around the corner since I love to be outside when the weather is nice. We have had a ton of snow so it will take awhile before everything melts. An while it is melting early morning walks can be dangerous because it melts during the day and the sidewalks get all wet and then at night it refreezes so the side walks are very icy until it starts melting again. But I know spring is coming because my allergies are acting up because a lot of the pine trees and some oaks are actually flowering even though there is snow on the ground. Tree flower pollen is really hard on my allergies in the spring.

Tomorrow is the March 1st weigh in. I hope everyone did well over the weekend. We were bad last night and had Famous Dave's Food for dinner. Lots of BBQ"ed food that was high in salt and more fat than I am used to...my stomach let me know part of the night and during the day today it was not happy with the rich food from last night. I was good and did not over-do-it but it was still a lot richer than my body was used to eating.

Have a great rest of the day!

And to anyone here from Canada....congratulations on the gold in hockey. It was a great game. Both teams played awesome and it was fun to watch.
    :drinker: :drinker:

Looking forward to hearing from all in the morning.

Terri
  • imlne
    imlne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was a cool thread.
    I liked the challenge and I liked the conversations.
    I'll have to join when the next month comes.

FYI,
    203.4 at Feb 1st
    198.2 at Feb 28th
    a whopping 4.8 lbs

Maybe next month
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Here is the link for the March thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/84070-5-pounds-a-month-march-2010-challenge?page=1#posts-1156771

We start a new thread each month and anyone is welcome to join us.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    First cudos!

TERRI - Wow & Woo Hoo on the 3 inch total measurement decrease! That more than makes up for the lower weight loss. I like what you said about this being a lifestyle change.
    PHYLJEN - Yea! on meeting your monthly goal. You always inspire me by how hard you work out.
    ERIN - 7+ pounds is fantastic!
    JENN - Ditto - you are also my inspiration!
    lREED - sorry about the pound, I agree that it was probably water - how did Disneyland go? I love Disneyland, already told my sweetie that we are going there for my 55th birthday. Going with a young child must be so much fun :bigsmile:

Second - a big welcome to K, Izzypup, Jen, Imine.

Already checked in on the new thread but wanted to check in here, also, even if I'm a little late (was both @ a conference + had a big event this weekend, so am sorry that I wasn't able to check in either Friday or Saturday morning). Well, I didn't do so well this month - only lost 2.5 pounds - down from 192.5 to 190. I can't be too disappointed though, considering how hard the month was emotionally and in terms of work/sleep - At least the trend is downwards instead of up! I did lose 1/2 inch each from waist and hips, so that was good. I am hoping that having had a slow February, will have a better March! See everyone on the March thread!
  • aprildh
    aprildh Posts: 90
    Options
    Terri,
    I am only at 203 this month. That is only a pound lost, but I will continue on the challenge in March. I am doing my workouts and for the most part staying in my calories, I just can't seem to get my metabolism going. It is very frustrating. I feel stronger, but I guess I just haven't had that break through yet in changes showing up on the scale!
  • k_garcia_06
    Options
    Welcome to the group K! :flowerforyou:

Check in with us when you can, this is a great group if you need support! I'll be here for you.

~Jenn

Thanks thats sooooooo GREAT of you!!!! Jenn!
  • k_garcia_06
    Options
    HI Friends! so Weigh In Time.........

Starte Date.......2/16 - 247lbs
    2/23 - 240lbs
    3/02 - 236lbs

Feelin ok with results..... I guess..........would Love for it to come off faster :grumble:
  • k_garcia_06
    Options
    Hello Everyone Nice to see all of you doing well!! Here are my weigh in's:

Start weight- 2/16 - 247
    2/23 - 240
    3/2 - 236
    3/9 - 233

Excited!! definitly stickin to it this time!! Good Luck this month everyone!!!