5 Pound a Month February 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to add my ticker to this page and I can't figure out how to do that. Please give me some instructions if you could! Thanks
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE, Glad I found you all again. I loved being a part of the group in Jan for the last two weeks.
    Looking forward to this new month.
    Starting weight in mid Jan. - 159
    Today Feb.1 -156
    Goal for Mar.1 - 151
    GO GO GO you chicken FAT GO AWAY!! Good luck everyone! :happy: Thanks for the motivation! Phyljen

Chicken Fat Go Away.....when I was in elementary school we used to exercise to this album in PE . Exercise helps like DVD sure make it easier. I just had to comment because it brought back memories of my childhood.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    I keep trying to add my ticker to this page and I can't figure out how to do that. Please give me some instructions if you could! Thanks

Phyljen, I hope that these instructions make sense!

1. Go to the page where you choose/program your Ticker.
    2. Click on the link, "Get the code for your ticker"
    3. Copy the HTML code from the box at the right-hand bottom of the page.
    4. Go back to the message boards and click on the "Signature" link in the Message Boards menu bar.
    5. Paste the code that you've copied into the "Signature Box"
    6. Save changes - it should show up with the rest of your signature!

Good luck!
  • Godsmonty
    Godsmonty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks for starting the 5lbs per month challenge. please count me in for february. i am not quite sure how to do it yet, but i am going to try. i won't be able to weigh myself until this evening and i do not think i have a weight measurement for january. i might also add a ticker.
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Congratulations Pam, Jennifer, Lisa, Wonderwoman, Buggaboo, Angelwings, Poisonsugar, Jenn, Phyljen! Woo Hoo! All of us lost weight! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Welcome CMurphy, Kelly, Maria, Gidget, Bev, Kdm, Eburton, April, Mom (hope you don't mind the abbreviation of your screen name) - it's so great to see so many new faces! You will love this group - everyone is so supportive. And congratulations again to all group newbies who lost weight last month.

And thank you again, Tcasmey, for starting it all?

Question - a couple of folks have mentioned workout plans already but was just wondering what folks' workout goals were for this month? I am asking because I am trying to figure out what I want to commit to for this and the next three months - I work for the Health Dept. in San Francisco and every spring we have a team in my office that participates in a citywide exercise challenge...
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Pam, Jennifer, Lisa, Wonderwoman, Buggaboo, Angelwings, Poisonsugar, Jenn, Phyljen! Woo Hoo! All of us lost weight! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Welcome CMurphy, Kelly, Maria, Gidget, Bev, Kdm, Eburton, April, Mom (hope you don't mind the abbreviation of your screen name) - it's so great to see so many new faces! You will love this group - everyone is so supportive. And congratulations again to all group newbies who lost weight last month.

And thank you again, Tcasmey, for starting it all?

Question - a couple of folks have mentioned workout plans already but was just wondering what folks' workout goals were for this month? I am asking because I am trying to figure out what I want to commit to for this and the next three months - I work for the Health Dept. in San Francisco and every spring we have a team in my office that participates in a citywide exercise challenge...

:love:
    Great idea! I was thinking about what I was going to do also. I am still thinking, but I will get back to you.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I followed your instructions EXACTLY and look.... it appears now. Thanks! Now to have that number of weight lost keep getting higher and higher and HIGHER!!! At least it doesn't say ) pounds lost any more! :laugh:
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well the week of increased fiber and tracking my carbs to match my workouts has simply keept me at the 205 I have been stuck at for 3 weeks. :yawn: I realize that is still a 5 pound drop since December but it is still frustrating. :grumble: Hope February brings new insights.
    Congrats to all who are making the effort! :smile:
  • TCASMEY
    Options

I am reassessing my workout goals right now. I was planning on taking up running this year and work towards a 5k but running has made a chronic neck problem worse. (I cannot even walk right now as a lot of arm movement is irritating). I am back to using my bike and doing very light weights and lots of stretching until my neck feels better and then will start walking and maybe add a little running. Time will tell. The good thing I have my bike on a trainer so I can bike and not hurt my shoulder. TIme will tell for me at this point.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Well the week of increased fiber and tracking my carbs to match my workouts has simply keept me at the 205 I have been stuck at for 3 weeks. :yawn: I realize that is still a 5 pound drop since December but it is still frustrating. :grumble: Hope February brings new insights.

I understand your frustration. 20 pounds is where I hit a wall and it seemed to take forever to get the scale to start moving down again. Hang in there. Maybe shake it up a bit. Try a new workout.
  • TCASMEY
    Options

I understand your frustration. 20 pounds is where I hit a wall and it seemed to take forever to get the scale to start moving down again. Hang in there. Maybe shake it up a bit. Try a new workout. Bump your calories up for a day. Try new things until something works. When my weight loss stalled I looked at the positive of what the exercise and better eating were doing for my body and was happy the scale stayed in the same area and did not start going up!:flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Thanks so much. I followed your instructions EXACTLY and look.... it appears now. Thanks! Now to have that number of weight lost keep getting higher and higher and HIGHER!!! At least it doesn't say ) pounds lost any more! :laugh:

Glad you got it to work. I saw your post yesterday and all I could remember that I had trouble also so knew I would not be much help!:laugh: :laugh:
  • siobhannestor
    Options

I see that it worked! Glad that I could be of help! :happy: And I am positive it will continue to go down!
  • siobhannestor
    Options

Minerva, I am with you on how frustrating it can be to hit those plateaus. I want to second Tcasmey - I've found that when I hit those plateaus, changing up the exercise routine can really help. I like your comment about February bringing new insights!
  • siobhannestor
    Options

I am reassessing my workout goals right now. I was planning on taking up running this year and work towards a 5k but running has made a chronic neck problem worse. (I cannot even walk right now as a lot of arm movement is irritating). I am back to using my bike and doing very light weights and lots of stretching until my neck feels better and then will start walking and maybe add a little running. Time will tell. The good thing I have my bike on a trainer so I can bike and not hurt my shoulder. TIme will tell for me at this point.

Thanks for responding. I am so sorry to read about your neck pain, and am pretty impressed by your still exercising through all of that. Does the bike work well? My fiance has a back problem that got worse when he started running again - is considering buying one - do you have any recommendations?
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    What I have is something I bought at the bike shop. I put my regular bike on it and ride. I think it was called a trainer. It probably takes up more space than a traditional exercise bike but I like it, plus it was only about $100 rather than the cost of an exercise bike. It does not track mileage because it its the back tire that is spinning. I changed out my regular bike seat for one without the horn to help with being " saddle sore". Hope this works. If he has back problems a recumbant (spelling) may be a good bet because it is more like sitting in a chair and pedaling rather than a regular bike.
  • ccounts
    Options
    My exercise goal is just to get out there and exercise. I am the laziest human being on earth, at least sometimes it seems that way. I always come up with an excuse. Too many people at the gym, not enough people at the gym, too early, too late, too cold, too hot..... you get the picture. So to get out and walk three times a week - that's my goal this week - and to get to the gym at least once this week, just to break the ice of my excuses! :embarassed:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    What I have is something I bought at the bike shop. I put my regular bike on it and ride. I think it was called a trainer. It probably takes up more space than a traditional exercise bike but I like it, plus it was only about $100 rather than the cost of an exercise bike. It does not track mileage because it its the back tire that is spinning. I changed out my regular bike seat for one without the horn to help with being " saddle sore". Hope this works. If he has back problems a recumbant (spelling) may be a good bet because it is more like sitting in a chair and pedaling rather than a regular bike.

Thanks. I like the idea of putting a regular bike on a trainer - I've decided that when I move in - he lives on an island that's very flat - I will do most of my errands and shopping on a bike. We've talked about biking together on the weekends, too. It seems like this could be a money saving measure. Regarding the recumbent bike - is that like an elliptical? I think that's the kind that one of his doctors recommended...
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    My exercise goal is just to get out there and exercise. I am the laziest human being on earth, at least sometimes it seems that way. I always come up with an excuse. Too many people at the gym, not enough people at the gym, too early, too late, too cold, too hot..... you get the picture. So to get out and walk three times a week - that's my goal this week - and to get to the gym at least once this week, just to break the ice of my excuses! :embarassed:

I don't know why, but your honesty just made me giggle! :smile: I love walking. That's how I started getting fit - don't usually make it if I have to go to a gym to exercise :embarassed: So, especially on the gym thing, gambatte (Japanese for good luck but its literal translation is "give it your all")! :drinker:
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    ccouts- verrrry funnnny!!!! I know there are days i feel just like that.

It took me a bit to find this site for February. Well my foot is feeling better, doc said i can start to work out again but take it easy. I am taking anti inflammatories still and they do help.
    My big goal is to drink the water. I also want to work out 3 days a week to start out with. Want to make sure that my foot can take it.

SW 186
    GW 181

Welcome to the newbies

Sandy