5 Pound a Month February 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I followed your instructions EXACTLY and look.... it appears now. Thanks! Now to have that number of weight lost keep getting higher and higher and HIGHER!!! At least it doesn't say ) pounds lost any more! :laugh:

Yay! Congrats on your loss! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I have been thinking about my goals for the mth and I have a few exercise as well as some other misc goals.

1. Add a night workout. (Still going to gym on my lunch break M-F also) I have found that On-Demand has exercise TV. I have been doing PM yoga, leg tone and the biggest loser DVD's all from 20-30 mins. This way I can eat the exercise cals I am use to eating, but I will be burning a little more that I wont eat 100-300 cals a night.

2. Extend Sunday walk into a walk plus workout. I walk with my mom every Sunday, she comes to my house and I push my two tots and a 30 lbs stroller (85 lbs) to the park. Kids play a while then we walk home. About 45 mis each way (was an hour each way but we are getting faster) Now I will add a 20-30 min loop (pass the park and come back around to it) and then go over to mom's and use her Wii fit plus for 30-60 mins.

3. Cook healthy dinner's for my fam 4 plus nights a week. (I was still trying to make my dinner healthier from what I am giving them but from now on I will make the dinner healthy and if Daddy wants to slather it in lard to make it unhealthy fine) I don't want them to revolt, so I am trying to start by making small changes. Tonight was sweet potato fries instead of frozen reg fries. Big hit with my son. He keep saying "SO yummy" after every bite, lol 2 cute. I love that!

4. Buy NO more processed food! Daddy might buy some but I am not going to anymore. I am a lazy cook, if I can grab a bag from the frezzer and have dinner on the table in 35 mins I will do that. Healthy food is way to much money to go to waist because I am lazy. I need to start learning how to cook better/healthier. When I try I can do it. So I need to DO IT ALREADY!

5. Exercise everyday. I have been taking Saturday off for the last year. I think I am at the point in my weight loss that I need to do a little sumthin sumthin everyday. Saturdays are my hardest eating day, so I am moving more so I can stay in my cals!

Good luck to everyone who is setting new goals and I hope we all lose this week. :drinker:
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi all. Just checking in. Feel like I am back sliding. The numbers in my food diary say different, but I do not feel as if I am making the best choicies. I got sick on Monday. Funny thing is I am beginning to suspect I may be lactose intolerant. I have never been a big milk drinker and have been having two servings since I started my diet. Twice in the past 10 days I have gotten sick and thought it was a virus. Research on the net is making me suspcious. I will speak to my dr about it.

But since Monday, I have feel horrible and have been trying to be good. Sometimes the two do not go hand in hand :sad: I feel better this morning I have also planned my lunches for the rest of the week, have my water to stay hydrated and feel confident. But I also feel I have backslid because of the bloating this has caused me. My weight has yo-yoed not only onnthe scale but I can just feel that bloated feeling, and it is distressful!

So, stick with me my friends. I need a hug!!!! :brokenheart:

Take care and have a great day,

Pam
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just checking in. Feel like I am back sliding. The numbers in my food diary say different, but I do not feel as if I am making the best choicies. I got sick on Monday. Funny thing is I am beginning to suspect I may be lactose intolerant. I have never been a big milk drinker and have been having two servings since I started my diet. Twice in the past 10 days I have gotten sick and thought it was a virus. Research on the net is making me suspcious. I will speak to my dr about it.

But since Monday, I have feel horrible and have been trying to be good. Sometimes the two do not go hand in hand :sad: I feel better this morning I have also planned my lunches for the rest of the week, have my water to stay hydrated and feel confident. But I also feel I have backslid because of the bloating this has caused me. My weight has yo-yoed not only onnthe scale but I can just feel that bloated feeling, and it is distressful!

Pam

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am having a one of those weeks also. Hang in there! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

My scale is up 2 pounds this morning. Hopefully water weight. Plan to drink lots of water today.

Have a great day everyone.

Remember everyone....one mistake on this life journey to be healthier does not mean you have failed, you just made a mistake. Don't let it get you down just try to make a better choice next time. Great baseball players do not hit a home run everytime. Many times they strike out. What makes them great is that they don't quit after they strike out. They get right back up and try again. This journey is about perseverance not quitting!
  • CassieSeymour
    CassieSeymour Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in!

1/12/10 164.0
    2/1/10 159.0

Goal for 3/1/10 154.0
  • siobhannestor
    Options

Pam

Big gigantic hug!

0 0
    | __|
    <

>

and a flower :flowerforyou: this is only a small set back - I know that you will get on your feet again, whatever is happening!!!

edited to add: that is supposed to be me up above with a big smile on my face, but it didn't really work like that, did it (giggle)
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    I'm totally in!

1/12/10 164.0
    2/1/10 159.0

Goal for 3/1/10 154.0

Welcome! :bigsmile:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    I have been thinking about my goals for the mth and I have a few exercise as well as some other misc goals...

...Good luck to everyone who is setting new goals and I hope we all lose this week. :drinker:

Jenn, good luck with all of your goals! :bigsmile: You inspired me to decide on mine:

1. I will only eat while sitting at the dining table - no more snacks (even scheduled, healthy ones) in front of the TV or while working in front of the computer - I want to bring mindfulness to my eating.

2. I will measure out all of my fat & starch servings exactly

3. I will continue to walk to & from work every morning (4x per week, 2 miles each way)

4. I will do my regular circuit training routine 3 x per week but add 4 reps per set (from 8 to 12) and 1-2 pounds to the weights that I am using

5. I will add 2 35-45 minute Rockin Body cardio routines every week

Thanks to everyone for being here!

Shivaun :smile:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comparison of the "baseball players". That really spoke to me. More professionally than physically this week. I was feeling very down and discouraged tonight when I came home from school from a comment he made to me. Thanks so much I really really needed that. I have a principal that is very negative and a pain in the butt to work for. Thank goodness he is moving on next year. I don't think I could stand to work for him another year and I love my job! That said, I am going to remember that even those famous baseball players strike out some times and they don't quit! they just get up and work harder next time. I'm going to remember that and not let him get me down. I know I am a great teacher! I am the one in my class every day with the kids. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I was so glad for my step aerobics class after school today so I could work off stress! I will continue to exercise in some shape or form every day. Swimming three times a week, Step aerobics twice a week and then hit the track for jogging two days a week. if I miss a day at the track I'll do my exercise DVD at home. It give me an over work out of aerobics, core strengthening and weights. Thanks for listening to my complaints tonight. I am usually a very positive person but tonight I was kinda down! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: May the rest of your week be super. Thank goodness it's Thursday tomorrow then my week end starts! Phyljen
  • ctfagan
    ctfagan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    January 15th 170lbs

February 3rd 167 lbs

March 9th---162lbs....I would love to lose 5lbs!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Wow, we have a lot of new people. Welcome to everyone. I wish you all the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle.

To everyone that has lost, you are doing great, keep up the good work. To the ones that are the same or up, don't worry too much about it. We all have our weeks that are harder than others. You will get through it and be better for it.

I have not been on for awhile because I have been studying for my ASVAB test and busy wth work. My recruiter said that I need to lose 6 pounds before I go to MEPS and so far I have lost 1+ pounds. I know I can do that before the end of March. I am really excited and studying hard to get the best placement possible.

Keep up the great work everyone. Have a beautiful afternoon. :bigsmile:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    This journey is about perseverance not quitting!

I love that, soooo true. I was feeling so down and bad last week. But this week I feel strong and I am ready to be here for you all like you were there for me when I needed a boost! Everyone has bad weeks or days and that is why it is so good to have a great group like this on MFP.
    It does get better, and if you want to talk dairy free, let me know. My son has a no dairy diet.

:flowerforyou:
  • cct98362
    Options
    Hi Everyone- it took me a while to find the Feb group- this is a great group and I'm glad to see some familar and especially some new folks!

Jan 1- 155
    Feb 1-153
    Goal for March 1- 149.

Feb is a short month but this month I'll start 3x week, 1 hour workouts at my local YMCA and that should really kick it up. My other goal is to try not to eat those exercise calories in peanut M&Ms!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thats too much for me to hope for, a pound a week is all I ask.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I like the idea of putting a regular bike on a trainer - I've decided that when I move in - he lives on an island that's very flat - I will do most of my errands and shopping on a bike. We've talked about biking together on the weekends, too. It seems like this could be a money saving measure. Regarding the recumbent bike - is that like an elliptical? I think that's the kind that one of his doctors recommended...
    [/quote]

A recumbent bike is not like and elliptical. It is a bike but the pedals are more out in front so that when you use it you a in a sitting position like you would sit at the kitchen table. An elliptical is a great workout and it certainly is also a very low impact. I just got off the bike and I burned 600 calories in an hour.
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Pam, Jennifer, Lisa, Wonderwoman, Buggaboo, Angelwings, Poisonsugar, Jenn, Phyljen! Woo Hoo! All of us lost weight! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Welcome CMurphy, Kelly, Maria, Gidget, Bev, Kdm, Eburton, April, Mom (hope you don't mind the abbreviation of your screen name) - it's so great to see so many new faces! You will love this group - everyone is so supportive. And congratulations again to all group newbies who lost weight last month.

And thank you again, Tcasmey, for starting it all?

Question - a couple of folks have mentioned workout plans already but was just wondering what folks' workout goals were for this month? I am asking because I am trying to figure out what I want to commit to for this and the next three months - I work for the Health Dept. in San Francisco and every spring we have a team in my office that participates in a citywide exercise challenge...

Well I am just starting out (again). Been on MFP for awhile but just getting serious this year and actually taking advantage of the message boards, seems like such a great motivation and support system!

My goals are to hit the gym at least 4 times a week and incorporate more weight lifting. I also want to add more fresh fruits and veggies in my diet. (I know these are small steps, but I'm getting there!)
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Congratulations Pam, Jennifer, Lisa, Wonderwoman, Buggaboo, Angelwings, Poisonsugar, Jenn, Phyljen! Woo Hoo! All of us lost weight! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Welcome CMurphy, Kelly, Maria, Gidget, Bev, Kdm, Eburton, April, Mom (hope you don't mind the abbreviation of your screen name) - it's so great to see so many new faces! You will love this group - everyone is so supportive. And congratulations again to all group newbies who lost weight last month.

And thank you again, Tcasmey, for starting it all?

Question - a couple of folks have mentioned workout plans already but was just wondering what folks' workout goals were for this month? I am asking because I am trying to figure out what I want to commit to for this and the next three months - I work for the Health Dept. in San Francisco and every spring we have a team in my office that participates in a citywide exercise challenge...

Well I am just starting out (again). Been on MFP for awhile but just getting serious this year and actually taking advantage of the message boards, seems like such a great motivation and support system!

My goals are to hit the gym at least 4 times a week and incorporate more weight lifting. I also want to add more fresh fruits and veggies in my diet. (I know these are small steps, but I'm getting there!)

I am back after a holiday break :wink: I think your "small steps" are GREAT! I lost 30 lbs the first time around just by not eating fast food or soda and by eating 5 serv's of fruit and veggies! That is a great start, a healthy start that will make your lifestyle change prossible. All the small steps add up fast! :flowerforyou:
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hi, i havnt checked in since i joined this challenge a few wks ago. well, in my 1st month i lost 14lbs!!!!! my next goal is to be under 200lbs by march 9th, that would mean id need to lose atleast 16lbs by then! i know i can do this!!! congrats to everyone on their weight loss!!!!!!!
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    hi, i havnt checked in since i joined this challenge a few wks ago. well, in my 1st month i lost 14lbs!!!!! my next goal is to be under 200lbs by march 9th, that would mean id need to lose atleast 16lbs by then! i know i can do this!!! congrats to everyone on their weight loss!!!!!!!

:noway: :love: 14 lbs! OMG

That is so great! What are your goals/ tips!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st 216.7
    Feb 1st 211.8
    Mar 1st 206.8
    Woo Hoo! Let's do it!