am i the ONLY one who hasn't watched STAR WARS?

Options

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    No you're not the only one.. but you and I may be the only two. My boyfriend hates that I don't get the references. It was possibly my oldest brother's favorite movies. I don't know, I was never really interested.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I have no desire. I don't think Ill ever watch it actually.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Not only have inot watched star wars, ive never seen a single james bond movie either

GASP!!!
    LOL, JK to each their own. But you don't know what you're missing! :love:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I have a younger brother that forced me to watch it growing up and I'm so glad he did! Had he not, I would have had no interest in it whatsoever later in life. I had a Star Wars marathon with the kids on a sick day and both of them have fallen in love with it as well. :)
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Never watched any of them..... Boring.

How do you know its boring if you havnt watched? lol silly people just want to feel included
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Meh, I've never been a Star Wars fan.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Not the only one, but it has to be a genre you like.

I have never seen any of the Jason, Freddy, or Halloween movies. I hadn't even seen a complete exorcist movie.

And I had never seen Willy Wonka until I was 16 and forced to watch it at my boyfriends grannies house at christmas.

I personally love SCIFI and love SW and LOTR. It is a cult phenom and i think the age and personality of the individual has alot to do with liking it or not.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE it!!!! Just watch it to see Harrison Ford in his prime! Good times!
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Um.....yes you are
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am of the "geek" persuasion and even I haven't seen it.

My friends have tried to make me watch it several times, but I just can't get interested.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked because I have never seen any of the stuff everyone always talks about. My fiance is a geek and has vast knowledge of geeky things like science fiction stuff and comic books and little super hero dolls and stuff. He and his best man think it's their job to educate me. We watched Star Wars which gave me absolutely zero insight into what its about. Space and spacey things and I think the bad guys wore white. Thats all I got. I think I fell asleep because I never even saw the little green guy. (I called him Yogi once and they bit my head off!) Whatever. I don't care. Anyway, you aren't missing anything. The parts I paid attention to weren't that interesting.

I never saw any of the stuff they think everyone has seen or should see. Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, super hero movies. well that's not entirely true. I did see Batman in 7th grade. That was like 20 years ago though It didn't make a big impression.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Never watched any of them..... Boring.

How do you know its boring if you havnt watched? lol silly people just want to feel included

Reminds me of the: I've never read Harry Potter but I KNOW it's evil!!! argument.

You can't KNOW something is ANYTHING unless you've experienced it.

You CAN say: "I've never watched them. From what I hear it's not in my range of interest and would probably bore me."

But to say: "Never watched any of them. Boring." is just silly. Unabashed, Jar Jar Binks, level silliness.
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    Not only have inot watched star wars, ive never seen a single james bond movie either

GASP!!!
    LOL, JK to each their own. But you don't know what you're missing! :love:

I haven't seen james bond either. wasn't tom cruise in that? i don't like tom cruise so I'm prolly not missing out
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Seems like anyone under 30 and over 40 is out of the picture. I didn't look at everyone of course. Must have been a generational thing.
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I haven't, and don't have a desire to. I don't like sci-fi movies. Also never watched the Harry Potter movies or the Hunger games movies. *Edited to add also never seen a single batman movie either. I don't really watch the franchise movies.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I have never watched ANY SW movie in it's entirety. I saw most of the one with the snow storm in it. I didn't watch the whole thing because I thought it was boring. I have no desire to watch any of them either.

Does it make you feel better that I'm old enough to have watched them when I was a kid when they first came out too?
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

geez you have a sad sad life, HAVE SOME FUN!

"forum dedicated to fitness"... not sure if you read the title of this group but it's "Chit-Chat, FUN, and Games".. open your eyes!!!

If this is your definition of fun, it isn't me who has a sad life.

i'm at work, gettin paid to be on MFP, you can't go wrong, but nice try...

you posted here as well, so maybe you should have a look at that, maybe move along next time...
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    Wow, I have never meet anyone who has not seen at least one of the six movies!

there are six of them?!?!?! jeez the one I saw was like 4 hours long I think
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking others opinion of if its odd? If you don;t want to watch it dont! Who cares!
  • chubbygirl253
    Options
    Star-Wars-Meme-Yoda-Graduation-Photo-Pic-Young-Yoda_thumb.jpg

what the hell did I even watch? i didnt see any of these characters