am i the ONLY one who hasn't watched STAR WARS?

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    you are a little strange, but I know people who have never watched any of the movies. I have a Yoda tattoo, but I don't hate on you. Some people just aren't into that stuff!

better not hate on me.. cus my name is AMY as well!!!!!! haha
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Pfffffft, there are many mainstream movies I have no desire to watch...to each their own...I like the first 3 Star Wars movies, but the script is corny, the acting is hammy and the whole thing many years on from when I first watched it, is a bit like watching those favourite T.V. series you had as a kid, as an adult, it puts it all into perspective a little.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    I've never seen them either, and it kills my boyfriend that I won't watch it and that I call yoda(because I always forget his name) the little green space elf thing, haha I just have no desire to watch them at all...not my type of movie.
  • I love the new generation of fans. Since I grew up as a kid in love with these films it tickles me to see my nephews wearing star wars costumes and watching the movies 1,000 times. It just goes to show they are classic films.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    you are a little strange, but I know people who have never watched any of the movies. I have a Yoda tattoo, but I don't hate on you. Some people just aren't into that stuff!

I just might only because you stole my name =P
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    I've never seen any of them, kind of like it that way.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    I love the new generation of fans. Since I grew up as a kid in love with these films it tickles me to see my nephews wearing star wars costumes and watching the movies 1,000 times. It just goes to show they are classic films.

I grew up watching the movies with my grandfather. I've loved them ever since I was like 3 or 4. My daughters are 2 and 3 now and they LOVE star wars. they'll sit and watch the movies the whole way through which is just amazing to me. My oldest actually got pissed at me for getting an Ash tattoo (from evil dead) instead of boba fett.
  • MKolek00
    MKolek00 Posts: 23 Member
    Never seen it or any other science fiction movies.
  • supbanana
    supbanana Posts: 37 Member
    I've never seen it (or LOTR, or Back to the Future). Not because I don't want to see it, but because at this point I'd rather my first time watching these series be with someone that loves the series.
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Haven't seen them--but I have seen (and loved) Spaceballs :-) Also, generally love sci-fi--i.e. Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, etc are among my favourite shows ever. Will watch the all--in order--at some point, but now I've waited so long, I need to do it in some epic marathon fashion...
  • I love the new generation of fans. Since I grew up as a kid in love with these films it tickles me to see my nephews wearing star wars costumes and watching the movies 1,000 times. It just goes to show they are classic films.

I grew up watching the movies with my grandfather. I've loved them ever since I was like 3 or 4. My daughters are 2 and 3 now and they LOVE star wars. they'll sit and watch the movies the whole way through which is just amazing to me. My oldest actually got pissed at me for getting an Ash tattoo (from evil dead) instead of boba fett.

Ha ha! That is awesome!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    I watched Episode IV only, one time only. I hated it, I thought it was so dumb... main reason being I had heard so much about it and been hammered with Star Wars so much that nothing was a surprise to me. I'm trying to be open-minded to it still but I really don't see what all the crazy hype is.
  • LeighAnnH75
    LeighAnnH75 Posts: 34 Member
    Breaks my heart this does.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    does NOT INTEREST ME...
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    There's no harm in trying it out. I didn't watch it until I was 20. The original trilogy is worth checking out. I'm not into the prequels.

LOTR I think is a must see. Amazing story. Amazing visuals and special effects.

I still haven't watched any Indiana Jones movies.

Agree. Indiana Jones is amazing, although I was a bit disappointed with the last one. It was okay until the last fifteen minutes or so. Ridiculous ending. Yes, arguably, all of them had ridiculous endings, but this one seemed particularly so. I'm not sure why.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 279 Member
    I'm with you. I have never seen it and I have no desire to.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    There's no harm in trying it out. I didn't watch it until I was 20. The original trilogy is worth checking out. I'm not into the prequels.

LOTR I think is a must see. Amazing story. Amazing visuals and special effects.

I still haven't watched any Indiana Jones movies.

^THIS! LOTR is a must watch. i put off watching it for years cuz i didnt think i would like it but damn i love it so much!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    i remember i watched the very first one years ago, but when I tried watching the second I fell asleep, so, out of the.. hmmmm 10 they have?? (not sure, maybe are more) i ve watched just one.
    I think are the most boring movies ever, among with the lord of the rings ( i also fell asleep after 20 minutes)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    i remember i watched the very first one years ago, but when I tried watching the second I fell asleep, so, out of the.. hmmmm 10 they have?? (not sure, maybe are more) i ve watched just one.
    I think are the most boring movies ever, among with the lord of the rings ( i also fell asleep after 20 minutes)

Not ten. Only six. Episodes IV, V, and VI are the best. My favorite is Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. I was thoroughly entertained by I, II, and III, but they were lacking something that the originals had. Alot of people were disappointed with them.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member

I just might only because you stole my name =P

PFFFF i prob had it first!!!!! :P