am i the ONLY one who hasn't watched STAR WARS?

Options

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have seen all 6...the original 3 are badass. The 3 recent ones...well, the only good thing about Phantom Menace was Liam Neeson and an unshaved Ewan McGregor. As for the other 2....they are an affront to the senses...Hayden Christensen turned Darth Vader into a whiny little beotch. He should be banned from ever acting again...
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    nope - there are new people being born every date who have never watched it :laugh: seriously, I have seen them all once and it's not my thing. Might be something to see if you want to catch some cultural references/appreciate film history like someone else said
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I am admitting to never having watched it either. I've seen parts of each movie, but never wanted to make time to sit down and actually watch the whole thing. Seen countless parodies, though...
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've never seen any of the Star Wars or the Lord of The Rings...and I am actually somewhat of Sci-Fi/Fantasy kind of a guy. I love Star Trek...and I actually read "The Hobbit" when I was like in sixth grade...I read a lot of Anne McCaffery books when I was younger too...LOL...just never got into Star Wars or Lord of The Rings...i'll probably watch them eventually
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    i have always hated star wars.......
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how many of the Star Wars haters (most of whom have never seen it) are 50 Shades fans ...

Definitely not me.

Probably lots....and they probably loved The Notebook and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days... I'm not even sure how someone could get to a certain age and not have watched Star Wars or at least caught one of the movies on a rainy weekend, it's bizarre!
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    umm.. may the force be with you!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yes. You are the only person - except children - who as not watched Star Wars.
    You are committing a cultural blasphemy. Go rent a copy of the ORIGINAL without the new crap Lucas added (Han shoots first, damn it!) and get down with your nerdy self. I think there are a HUGE number of cultural cliche's surrounding the movies that you may not be quite "getting" without at least having seen it once. Go for the original three, skip the "Episodes 1,2,3" because they were crap, and mark it up as a "done".
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how many of the Star Wars haters (most of whom have never seen it) are 50 Shades fans ...

HAve no idea what 50 shades is about nor do I care.

no clue what 50 shades is either, and I don't care for Star Wars it's boring
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I've never seen it (don't have any reason to hate it though, obviously)
    Never read 50 shades, never read/saw Twilight, never read/saw Harry Potter..

I guess I need to catch up on some of the trends.

ETA: Oh, I've also never seen The Notebook or LOTR as somebody else mentioned.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

not a 50 shade fan either... no desire for it
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Definitely not me.

Probably lots....and they probably loved The Notebook and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days... I'm not even sure how someone could get to a certain age and not have watched Star Wars or at least caught one of the movies on a rainy weekend, it's bizarre!

The storyline is just so incredible. Oh well.

I guess there are people who also don't like Mad Men.

However, while the book version of The Notebook was truly awful, I actually did enjoy the movie.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES Star Wars. Everytime he's tried to make me watch it, I've fallen asleep. So- no... I've never seen it, either.

(Full disclosure: I usually fall asleep during movies, not just star wars)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Nope, I haven't... I may have watched the original one as a kid.
    Also I have never watched Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter
  • maggie2731
    Options
    Never seen it, Never will!!!!
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've never seen Episode 2 and have only seen parts of Episode 3 and don't feel like I'm missing out. I have seen all the rest of them multiple times. I have to agree that Angry Birds Star Wars is pretty awesome.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Saw the first one. Not impressed.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched them either :/
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

Definitely not me.

hey now.. notebook was a good story i though.. haha as for how to lose a guy in 10 days.. i watched it but don't remember it haha prob 2 hrs of my life i wasted..
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Star-Wars-Meme-Yoda-Graduation-Photo-Pic-Young-Yoda_thumb.jpg