am i the ONLY one who hasn't watched STAR WARS?

Options
AimersBee
AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
just out of curiosity.

it's one of the most talked about movies, yet i haven't watched it and have no desire to.. :yawn: (my best friend even has 2 star wars tattoo's).. she thinks i'm odd for not watching it..

Replies

• May the force be with you
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    yes...and yes
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Is anti-cool/anti-pop culture popular again on the internets?
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Have no desire to because of the hype or just not your genre of movie?

I would ask how many terrible movies have you sat through and regretted? I would think it worth the time for viewing something regarded by most as a cinematic masterpiece vs sitting through another bad unknown film.

My 2c.
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Never watched any of them..... Boring.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    just out of curiosity.

it's one of the most talked about movies, yet i haven't watched it and have no desire to.. :yawn: (my best friend even has 2 star wars tattoo's).. she thinks i'm odd for not watching it..

I need to meet your best friend. I have three Star Wars tatttoos

I have no problem with people not liking it. I still think you should see at least A New Hope because it's such a big part of culture now and has paved the way for a lot of things.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    Have no desire to because of the hype or just not your genre of movie?

I would ask how many terrible movies have you sat through and regretted? I would think it worth the time for viewing something regarded by most as a cinematic masterpiece vs sitting through another bad unknown film.

My 2c.

i tried watching it.. at the beginning i'm like this is boring.. (the genre of movie doesn't intrigue me)

yes i've seen lots of sh*tty movies.. such as "human centipede" hahahaha.. but at least it was so screwed up like a car wreck that i couldn't turn away..
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Never seen it, probably never will.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I've never seen it. I've never been able to sit through LOTR either. Its not my thing.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have not watched it. I think someone tried to get me to watch it but I fell asleep...
  • AimersBee
    Options
    wooowooo! 4 out of 10 ppl who posted so far haven't watched Star Wars.... i don't feel so left out anymore hahaha
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    does NOT INTEREST ME...
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    There's no harm in trying it out. I didn't watch it until I was 20. The original trilogy is worth checking out. I'm not into the prequels.

LOTR I think is a must see. Amazing story. Amazing visuals and special effects.

I still haven't watched any Indiana Jones movies.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I saw the original when I was a kid, as an adult I have no desire to see it again, or any of the sequels either.
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    I would see it. Why not? I like seeing things many other people like after the hype fades just to see what the hype was about after the fact. Worst case, you draw an opinion. Best case, you like it!

Sidebar: I just purchased Star Wars underwear for my 5 year old son yesterday. He was pretty excited about it and now wants to see it. Angry Birds Star Wars is pretty awesome in 5 year old speak. :laugh:
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    just out of curiosity.

NOPE, i have no desire to watch them. i have a family member who has a monthly party where him and his friends get together and just watch the movies. they have asked me to join them several times. i have no desire at all. if im going to sit infront of the tv all day its going to be to watch football.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have also never seen it.

I don't think I can count, though, as I haven't seen most movies. Sound of Music to Star Wars to James Bond... never seen any.

I don't have the attention span. If you can't get the story out in 30 minutes or less, preferably with cartoons, I want no part of it.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I watched the first 3 when I was growing up (now referred to as 4,5, and 6), but I've refused to watch any of the others.....and I wasn't really that attached to those 3 either \m/
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've never seen any of them - no desire either. That genre of movie does not interest me at all. Even with all the hype, I'm not curious as to what they are about.....