am i the ONLY one who hasn't watched STAR WARS?

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    i remember i watched the very first one years ago, but when I tried watching the second I fell asleep, so, out of the.. hmmmm 10 they have?? (not sure, maybe are more) i ve watched just one.
    I think are the most boring movies ever, among with the lord of the rings ( i also fell asleep after 20 minutes)

Not ten. Only six. Episodes IV, V, and VI are the best. My favorite is Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. I was thoroughly entertained by I, II, and III, but they were lacking something that the originals had. Alot of people were disappointed with them.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    you are a little strange, but I know people who have never watched any of the movies. I have a Yoda tattoo, but I don't hate on you. Some people just aren't into that stuff!

better not hate on me.. cus my name is AMY as well!!!!!! haha

I just might only because you stole my name =P

PFFFF i prob had it first!!!!! :P
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Never watch and never will. :noway:
    Not interested. :yawn:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    May the force be with you

555482_13215335_lz.jpg
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Haven't seen them--but I have seen (and loved) Spaceballs :-) Also, generally love sci-fi--i.e. Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, etc are among my favourite shows ever. Will watch the all--in order--at some point, but now I've waited so long, I need to do it in some epic marathon fashion...

What about Firefly and Serenity? Love, love, LOVE the Firefly series and it never fails to bum me out that the network cancelled it before it really had a chance to get started.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Never wtched it, never will.. i think its stupid. LOL
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Were you born on one of Tatooine's moons or what? I am convinced you cannot be from our home planet and have never seen Star Wars. Better check your birth certificate. ;) And when you're done: WATCH STAR WARS.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yes

home-under-a-rock.jpg
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Never wtched it, never will.. i think its stupid. LOL

How do you know it's stupid if you've never watched it? It's more than just sci-fi. It has elements of action, adventure, comedy, romance, drama, etc... There's something for everybody.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No. You aren't. But seriously legions of people fan over this movie, so signs point to there being something of merit to it.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    No. You aren't. But seriously legions of people fan over this movie, so signs point to there being something of merit to it.

Legions of people fan over Twilight too... just saying lol
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    No, you are not alone in this world... :laugh: Never watched any of the star wars movies or series. Don't know any characters. Neither watched any Harry Potter movies. Same hype.... Did I miss anything?
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I watched Episode IV only, one time only. I hated it, I thought it was so dumb... main reason being I had heard so much about it and been hammered with Star Wars so much that nothing was a surprise to me. I'm trying to be open-minded to it still but I really don't see what all the crazy hype is.

You should have watched V and VI anyway. Episode IV was the first attempt. They got better after that. I LOVE Return of the Jedi.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    ill pretend i didnt read this ;) op youre missing out!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I've only ever seen the first one - in fact I think I saw it in the theater when it first came out in the 70s. I can, however, quote it word for word thanks to my little brother. When it came on TV we recorded it on our very first VCR and he watched it EVERY DAY! Now he's 38 and still collects Star Wars stuff and lines up the night before for movie premiers. I liked the first one (I think it grew on me after seeing it so many times) but haven't really had the opportunity to see the others. Hubby's never seen it either and has no desire to. I think I'd like to see the next two (whatever number they are now) but that's about it.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    This thread is just bizarre. I've never seen so many people lining up to insult something for which they have zero knowledge. I cannot fathom the mindset required to take pride in ignorance.

"You should try this dessert, it's amazing!"

"No, I have no interest and I never will! Ha ha ha!! I am somehow superior to you because I reject your personal tastes!!!"

"Uhhh.... ok..."
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I watched Episode IV only, one time only. I hated it, I thought it was so dumb... main reason being I had heard so much about it and been hammered with Star Wars so much that nothing was a surprise to me. I'm trying to be open-minded to it still but I really don't see what all the crazy hype is.

You should have watched V and VI anyway. Episode IV was the first attempt. They got better after that. I LOVE Return of the Jedi.

I've heard that. Sometime soon I'll check out V and VI
  • AimersBee
    Options
    This thread is just bizarre. I've never seen so many people lining up to insult something for which they have zero knowledge. I cannot fathom the mindset required to take pride in ignorance.

"No, I have no interest and I never will! Ha ha ha!! I am somehow superior to you because I reject your personal tastes!!!"

"Uhhh.... ok..."

yeah cus you've never said you weren't interested in watching a certain movie? you watch em all!!!!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

"Uhhh.... ok..."

I was actually thinking something very similar. I was thinking something a little more substantial than dessert though, just because as much as it's just a movie, it's also a cultural phenomenon.
  • AimersBee
    Options

"Uhhh.... ok..."

the ONLY reason i would watch it, is just so i know what every other show is referencing to, and even still i can't really bring myself to watch it..

I was actually thinking something very similar. I was thinking something a little more substantial than dessert though, just because as much as it's just a movie, it's also a cultural phenomenon.