am i the ONLY one who hasn't watched STAR WARS?

Options

Replies

• misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    "She's never seen Star Wars, Ted?! Ted, the only people who've never seen Star Wars, lived them! They lived the Star Wars!"
  • gonnasee33
    Options
    Missed much you have ... hmmmm??? (quirks ears) ;-D
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how many of the Star Wars haters (most of whom have never seen it) are 50 Shades fans ...

Definitely not me.

Probably lots....and they probably loved The Notebook and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days... I'm not even sure how someone could get to a certain age and not have watched Star Wars or at least caught one of the movies on a rainy weekend, it's bizarre!

Could someone please tell me how Star Wars movies relate to The Notebook and How to lose a guy in 10 days?! Completely different genres, how can you even compare them??
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    Now disney bought the rights to Star Wars and the are going to continue the series with three more movies
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    No, but you might be the only one who thinks it is worth bragging about.

braggin? i'm bored at work, and was wondering if there was quite a few more individuals who hadn't watched it... hahaha WEIRD perception you have..
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    To each his own. I finally watched Casa Blanca because it seemed like everyone had seen it. Didn't really care for that one. And I like Bogart.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how many of the Star Wars haters (most of whom have never seen it) are 50 Shades fans ...

Definitely not me.

Probably lots....and they probably loved The Notebook and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days... I'm not even sure how someone could get to a certain age and not have watched Star Wars or at least caught one of the movies on a rainy weekend, it's bizarre!

Could someone please tell me how Star Wars movies relate to The Notebook and How to lose a guy in 10 days?! Completely different genres, how can you even compare them??

Why are you being obtuse, read the rest of the thread, I refuse to explain things to people who are old enough to know better. *Rolls eyes*
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It has never interested me :/
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    To each his own. I finally watched Casa Blanca because it seemed like everyone had seen it. Didn't really care for that one. And I like Bogart.
    Finally saw the original PSYCO. I really dig it
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    First of all, you should watch them. with that said I was watching one of the Homecoming episodes over this weekend and the father was deployed to Afghanistan and was not able to make his sons birthday. His son happens to be a big Star Wars fan, so his mom gave him a Star Wars themed birthday party. The party's climax was Darth Vader engaging in a mock light saver fight with the boy (luke skywalker) and ended with the famous line of "Luke I am your father" at which point he removed the Darth Vader mask and revealed that it was his dad, he had gotten leave to come back to the states for his sons birthday. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd as the boy was surprised and hugged his dad.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    First of all, you should watch them. with that said I was watching one of the Homecoming episodes over this weekend and the father was deployed to Afghanistan and was not able to make his sons birthday. His son happens to be a big Star Wars fan, so his mom gave him a Star Wars themed birthday party. The party's climax was Darth Vader engaging in a mock light saver fight with the boy (luke skywalker) and ended with the famous line of "Luke I am your father" at which point he removed the Darth Vader mask and revealed that it was his dad, he had gotten leave to come back to the states for his sons birthday. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd as the boy was surprised and hugged his dad.
    That's so sweet!!!!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who hasn't seen any of them, she's in her 50's and it boggles my mind that she hasn't even seen the first one. I can totally understand not being into scifi because there are things I don't care for but I've at least tried them once. Star Wars is not Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica or that type of scifi. It is a really good story and is funny too. Before completely writing them off I would ask that you watch the very first original Star Wars from the 70's and then if you still don't like it fine. So many times people say they don't like something when they haven't even tried it. It's fair to say you don't like something until you've given it a fair shake.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    My son is *mildly* obsessed with it....and everyone else in my home has seen all the episodes, several times. Somehow, I've managed to disappear whenever they watch, so nope, I've never watched a single Star Wars movie (aside from catching a scene here or there as I pass through).
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    just out of curiosity.

it's one of the most talked about movies, yet i haven't watched it and have no desire to.. :yawn: (my best friend even has 2 star wars tattoo's).. she thinks i'm odd for not watching it..

I have never seen it either. I dated a guy obsessed with it. Light sabers, robe, and all. He was younger, hot, and a dork. HA!

I have had opportunities to watch it in school and I just wrote notes or fell asleep during it. Never was my thing. The closest I have come to watching it is the Family Guy episode and I hated it!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    you are a little strange, but I know people who have never watched any of the movies. I have a Yoda tattoo, but I don't hate on you. Some people just aren't into that stuff!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I tried to watch it...the most painful 10 minutes of my life (sorry to those who like it)!
    eurghh not even going to try and attempt it again !
  • tryinghard71
    Options

Definitely not me.

They relate because there is a wonderful love story that plays out between all three movies. Edit to say I am referring to the originals. They last three had a love story but were much more concentrated on telling the story that led to the original films. Every girl I knew had a Luke Skywalker or Han Solo poster on their walls when I was a kid. There is a reason these movies captured both male and female fans. Action and Love combo. They are fantastic.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have never watched it either. I think maybe bits and pieces as a child but I don't even remember those.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Never watched it and have no desire to!
  • Sammyjo4486
    Options
    Nope. i have not either.