am i the ONLY one who hasn't watched STAR WARS?

Replies

• Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    I am a cinema lover. For those that say "Started watching, got bored, etc..". I can understand, but what I think a person needs to consider is the era the movie was made. If someone popped in Star Wars: A New Hope (original film) and compared it to today's films, its no wonder they wouldnt be all that impressed. However, if you go back and look at the other films of its day that were being released and compare it, it was truely revolutionary.

I would almost argue Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey" was moreso, but I digress.

They were simply groundbreaking for their time. Jurassic Park (original) was also one of these films for me. I was maybe 14 years old at the time and it was mind blowing. If you consider every "dinosaur" film / documentary up to this point was stop-motion or claymation terribleness, JP was comparatively REAL dinos come to life in front of my eyes for the first time.

You have to consider a lot of things when you start critiquing films decades old!
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    I always wanted the metal bikini and tried to wear my hair like Princess Leia.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Yes. Yes you ARE the only one.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    I have not sat through a whole star wars movie...ever
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    I had never seen it until last year, when I started dating my boyfriend. It was a dealbreaker for him, haha.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    I haven't seen it either.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Yes. Yes you ARE the only one.

hey you obviously didn't read at all the responses!!!!!!! haha
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Star-Wars-Meme-Yoda-Graduation-Photo-Pic-Young-Yoda_thumb.jpg

This is the best thing ever!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    I'm wondering how many of the Star Wars haters (most of whom have never seen it) are 50 Shades fans ...

Definitely not me.

Probably lots....and they probably loved The Notebook and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days... I'm not even sure how someone could get to a certain age and not have watched Star Wars or at least caught one of the movies on a rainy weekend, it's bizarre!

The storyline is just so incredible. Oh well.

I guess there are people who also don't like Mad Men.

However, while the book version of The Notebook was truly awful, I actually did enjoy the movie.

Oh God, you can't compare Star Wars to Mad Men. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Mad Men but Star Wars is iconic... Of course neither of them have a patch on Ted! 'Take me to see Chris the unhappy sheep' ;)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    No, but you might be the only one who thinks it is worth bragging about.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    I haven't seen the new Star Wars movies. Does that count?
  • No, I haven't either. Hereare a few other gems I've skipped that have really upset some people:

Harry Potter Movies
    Lord of the Rings Movies
    Twilight Movies
    Mission Impossible Movies

Just to name a few. Don't know why I don't watch them, just don't interest me much.
  • I hate it. Hate it hate it hate it. And before you all hate on me, I've watched part of one. i found it boring and stupid. I had an ex who was in love with them and that's all he talked about. HATE Star Wars.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    I've watched the movies, but didn't really care for them. Once was enough for me. :)
  • Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    so i take it you dont play the MMO game of star wars either.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    May the force be with you

p.s only the old ones are good.
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    yep
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    It's a movie about a long lost son who fights to save his father from himself, a son grabbing his father's hand from the ashes and pulling him free. How could it NOT be epic?
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    "She's never seen Star Wars, Ted?! Ted, the only people who've never seen Star Wars, lived them! They lived the Star Wars!"
  • Missed much you have ... hmmmm??? (quirks ears) ;-D