What did you do with your wedding dress?

Options

Replies

• ginandchocolate
    ginandchocolate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got married in jeans but if I did have one I'd likely burn it along with my marriage certificate.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wore a black and white summer shirt dress to my courthouse wedding. I could still wear it to semi-formal occasions if the damned thing wasn't so big on me. It is currently in my closet, possibly in a dress bag.
  • Bikini_Beast
    Options
    I still have them all, I was thinking of opening my own shop :laugh:

But hearing about all the charities, I'm going to donate them. Here' s hoping they have better luck than I! :drinker:
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My wedding dress (as shown in my photo) is a black leather, strapless, corset !! It is/was a full figure 2x when I wore it :love: I still have it! I got really heavy a few years later and couldn't wear it, but I kept it :smooched: . NOW that I've lost some weight I'd probably be able to fit in it again... BUT I'd like to loose enough weight that it's too big on me !:happy:
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mine is in a tote that I take out and look at every so often. It was the first and only dress I tried on, it was love at first sight just like my husband. Im keeping both of them. White and red corset type. We plan on renewing our vows one day and I want to wear it again, hopefully make it smaller by then. I wore my dress for over 12hrs on our wedding day, I felt so beautiful. I still have my extra bouque that a friend made, my tiara and veil. Most of that I keep displaid with my wedding pictures and cake topper. But still looks the same after 5yrs only so hopefully it last till we renew our vows and dry cleaning. Then make it into something else special.
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Put it in a foodsaver bag ;) my mom made it so I wont be getting rid of it. Hopefully ill have some use for it someday lol
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hanging in my closet, we got married 3 months ago. Still has frosting on the inside of the top because it fell between my boobs when we face-smashed the cake, haha! No real plans for it, but it's sad to think I paid for it, I loved it, and I only got to wear it for a couple hours!
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Mine's hanging in the closest, it's been there for the past 14 months. Didn't get it cleaned, keep forgetting to

Mine was made by a dressmaker, it's a tea length 50s inspired dress, so I will be able to wear it again if I want, I've thought about dying it another colour. Loved my dress.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Mine is still hanging in the closet after 22 years, 3 house moves & one flood. I keep saying that I'll make something from it, or use the fabric in a quilt. But when it comes down to it I just can't take the scissors to it.
    I 'might' over dye it & wear it to the Whitby Goth weekend next year if I can fit into it by then. But I bet I chicken out from doing that too.:ohwell:
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Mine is sitting in the closet after nearly 8 years. Never bothered to get it cleaned after either. No idea what I will do with it. It was only about 300 dollars (yeah, 'only'.. some people go bananas and I was poor :x) so maybe one day I can make a costume out of it or something, though I think I weigh less than I did when I got married! xD
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I got married in Jamaica so I had a short simple dress...I got mine cleaned and kept it just in case there's every another opportunity I can wear it
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I gave it to my ex-wife.
  • charley9x
    Options
    Sold mine on ebay and put it towards our Florida holiday next year.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Mine burnt in a house fire, it was hand made by my mother and beautiful, but it's gone along with my ex. I am now a widow. And a new chapter began.

Should say my ex didn't die in the house fire, he ran his car into a rock cut DRUNK!!!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I sold mine! I had mine made to measure in China..... cost me a whopping £98!! (It was amazing quality!) I sold it after my wedding for £180 haha!
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    I borrowed mine. It didn't make sense to me why we should spend that much on a dress that was only going to be worn once.
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    never had one. I'm married but never had a real wedding, just got married at the court with my son, best friend and my husband of course... :(
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am keeping mine for my daughter, and it was my mother's dress.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I got mine preserved and boxed which is stupid because I don't have a daughter so I'm not sure what I'm saving it for. I'm thinking I should sell it.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I returned it.