Hostess Brands closing....no more Twinkies!

Options

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from that stuff...although Ding Dongs are hard..but I feel sorry for all those workers who will be out of jobs...its more than just junk food..its peoples lives we are taking about..

BTW..I miss Ding Dongs...havent had one in a while...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The saddest thing in all of this is that 10 years from now, half the population won't understand the Friends episode where they're at Monica and Ross' father's birthday and everyone is talking about how Richard has a "Twinkie in the city."
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Group Hug
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Won't break my heart. I've never even eaten a Twinkie before.

Wha-what-what?! Get your butt to the store and have one! Make it a part of your cheat day. You will not be sorry.

Gross, she isnt missing anything.

I have never had one or ever will...gross
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Well there goes my zombie survival plans...

:laugh: :laugh: That was my first thought as well. My brother's favorite scene from Zombieland was Woody Harrelson finding the abandoned Hostess truck.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Woody+Harrelson+Zombieland+Twinkies+Images&view=detail&id=6624B4DD3A4FF2B2E73FCF8C8A4E85A6F94DBFC9&qpvt=Woody+Harrelson+Zombieland+Twinkies+Images
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I used to eat frozen twinkies all the time :cry:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The only product I care about is Sno Balls. This is a sad, sad day.
  • ksboyd20
    ksboyd20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everyone is in a panic over Twinkies! Calm down. They're not gone forever! The brand will be bought up by the Chinese, and will be sold back to us with lead-tainted cream filling. :)
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Could care less about Twinkies, but if I can't have my monthly iced Honey Bun there will be serious consequences! :explode:
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Too bad about 18,000 people losing their jobs.
    Haven't had a Twinkie in years. When I ate them I would try to eat the cake part first & all that was left was the cream. Then I'd lick the cream off my fingers. Yum yum!!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    RIP to the Twinkie Defense!!!!!
  • thekat78
    thekat78 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No one tell Woody Harrelson... D:
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am more of a Ding Dong person....
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a twinkie in ages..not watch me start craving one because they are going out of business. Maybe they need to seriously start listening to the union workers that makes the products so they can keep their jobs and the factory remain opened.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Some one will buy them out and continue making Ho Hos
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I will happily admit that I am a huge fan of Hostess Powdered Donettes ~ definitely one of my all time favorite treats. I also like the apple pies and the lemon pies. I can't believe they'll actually go away forever... I recall Mother's Cookies went away for a while and then somehow they came back.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Twinkies are super disgusting processed trans fat laden chunks of puke!!

Ya thats why I like Ho Hos or Ding Dongs or Cup Cakes more of a chocolate fat leden chunk of puke kinda of guy. Not a Yellow fat laden chunk of puke thats down right nasty.
  • Radek36m
    Options
    I'm a foodie. I have had many, MANY Twinkies in my life. My favorite way is still frozen, battered and then deep fried. However, the batter must be corn based. Anything else is just not quite as good.

I haven't had a Twinkie in several...decades. I might just go out and splurge. I'll buy a box. That will last for the rest of my life...lol.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Wha-what-what?! Get your butt to the store and have one! Make it a part of your cheat day. You will not be sorry.

Yes, yes you will. Twinkies are absolutely disgusting. They taste like greasy crumbly Styrofoam filled with sweetened ji**. Disgusting.
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options

Oh yes you will... The first thing i personally smell when first opening things like twinkies, is chemicals. And that 'amazing' creme filling' tastes like lard and confectioners sugar.... pass for me.... buti havent eaten hostess or little debbie in a looooong tiiiime...... no skin off my nose.... plenty of fat off my *kitten* though....