Hostess Brands closing....no more Twinkies!

Options

Replies

• katseguin
    katseguin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    pretty sure I'll be okay. I've never tasted a twinkie in my life.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Meh, Twinkies are gross. Not a huge loss for me. As long as Little Debbie Swiss Rolls never go off the market, I'll be okay. :tongue:

oh i like little debbie swiss rolls like crazy! and the fudge rounds...oh my. :love:

*but all fat food*

still yummy though

Oh, Little Debbie's, I miss them so. Oatmeal creme pies, fudge rounds, Swiss Rolls, Zebra cakes...MMMM. SDA crack:bigsmile: Little Debbie's are cheaper and better.
    I feel sorry for the people who are losing their jobs so close to the holidays, it will be so hard for them. but , Hostess, meh. not my fave evil snack anyways. I think the next time I have the calories I must have a oatmeal Creme Pie!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Exactly. At least 1 other person understands what Corporate GREED is.

You seem to believe that corporate greed somehow nullifies union greed.

Here's a clue: both can be at fault at the same time.

WINNER!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    That strike really backfired! Now you all don't have jobs! Unions = fail.

my hubs job has a union. he is new, so they all talk down to him. you have to pay in to be a part of. we have not decided. they complain a whole lot and talk/act kinda bratty. like the job owes them. which is untrue, they could find tons of ppl to replace in this economy. you owe the job. it kinda creates bad attitudes. but i have heard that they did help someone get there job (by force) back. though, who would want to work at a place that hates you and does not want you? I guess its maybe good sometimes to have unions, the idea, but it does not always go very well.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I read once that Twinkies have so many preservatives in them, they have a shelf life of over 100 years. So, next century, the Hostess Co. could be back in business! :laugh:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Corporate Greed = FAIL. Not unions. We are supposed to have that right to form unions in this country.

Yet another right that is going away.

Dear lord...
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

You can honestly say you believe the union was being greedy to want to MAINTAIN the same pay and benefits for the workers? They weren't asking for more, they wanted it to stay the same.

All the while I CEO and his cronies gave themselves 300% raise. Put the shoe of the factory worker on your own foot and see how you would feel.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    good riddance

The government should have banned Twinkies years ago

Actually, it should ban the cows they get the cream for the Twinkies from! Milk is bad for you!!!!!!!!

I live on milk. They ban cows, I'll black market it. lol. I have never broken a bone and had very few cavities, and I'm clumsy, crazy, and eat lots of chocolate. I like to think its the milk. I think it does my body good. No matter what ppl want me to think.

The cow isn't to blame...is the crap hormones the food industry/government forces farmers to put in them to make them meatier so they can make more money. Fresh real milk, which no one has unless they're getting it from the utter themselves, is the only good milk.

You know, I've thought about trying raw milk, because it is readily available where I'm at (I'm extremely blessed to have access to a lot of farm fresh food), but I'm not so sure. I've heard horror stories about ... udder puss. :sick: I just can't get myself to give up pasteurization. I'm normally a big fan of natural and unadulterated.

Yes, we are going completely off topic. :tongue:

I agree, the idea of fresh milk scares me. I like eating healthier, but I like a happy medium. I do not really care if the milk is pasteurized or has hormones. I realize they say it can cause cancer. Everything these days does. I want to feel better inside, and be happy. Milk has not hurt me yet. When it does, then I'll stop. Until then, I love milk. And cows actually. Love me some steak.

Also, I do not believe in "banning" everything. Let ppl do what makes them happy, if its unhealthy, its their life. Why start with food banning if you were going to attack unhealthy things? Why not start with smokes (norm and green), drugs, pharmaceuticals, alcohols, sex, tv, video games, cell phones, cars, and even dirty dollar bills. So much we could attack.

Ever seen Demolition man (movie)?

"I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener""

Those dollar bills have traces of cocaine on them! Hell yes we should ban them!

Cocaine is actually not as big of a deal as the worldwide pharmaceutical abuse and the ugly chems they put in them. plus, cocaine is not the worst thing on a dollar. Those things travel trough strip clubs. Theres another dirty place, lets ban them too. Lets ban arguing and crying as well, its bad. And public farting, sneezing...helk speaking.

lets ban life. Its just to messy and scary.

Farts lead to methane, which is destroying our ozone! We absolutely should ban public farting! It's practically second hand smoke!

No, no. You don't ban farting, you force people to wear *kitten* filters. Use your head!
  • seijasmom
    Options
    How will we ever survive the zombie apocalypse now?

same thought here.
  • wrevhn
    Options
    Meh, Twinkies are gross. Not a huge loss for me. As long as Little Debbie Swiss Rolls never go off the market, I'll be okay. :tongue:

oh i like little debbie swiss rolls like crazy! and the fudge rounds...oh my. :love:

*but all fat food*

still yummy though

Oh, Little Debbie's, I miss them so. Oatmeal creme pies, fudge rounds, Swiss Rolls, Zebra cakes...MMMM. SDA crack:bigsmile: Little Debbie's are cheaper and better.
    I feel sorry for the people who are losing their jobs so close to the holidays, it will be so hard for them. but , Hostess, meh. not my fave evil snack anyways. I think the next time I have the calories I must have a oatmeal Creme Pie!

in highschool, with a high metabolism, oatmeal creme pies were breakfast. lol

hey, it said "oatmeal" on it. ;)
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That sucks. I like twinkies. I eat more little Debbie products anyway when I eat something like that...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

It would be helpful if they could ban the sun--it causes skin cancer!

Yes, why hasn't the government banned cancer yet? Everyone knows that making something illegal makes it disappear. :laugh:
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Oh holy cow! Well good, twinkies are gross lol
    totally this!!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options

Corporate Greed = FAIL. Not unions. We are supposed to have that right to form unions in this country.

Unions served their purpose. They can all go away now.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Won't break my heart. I've never even eaten a Twinkie before.

Wha-what-what?! Get your butt to the store and have one! Make it a part of your cheat day. You will not be sorry.

I prefer the rasberry Zingers. YUM!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

*but all fat food*

still yummy though

I ate healthier than you. Lunch was those apple pie things (FRUIT!!!!) and ice cream (DAIRY!!!!).

And I still had people whispering behind my back that I had anorexia. *sigh*
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

It would be helpful if they could ban the sun--it causes skin cancer!

Yes, why hasn't the government banned cancer yet? Everyone knows that making something illegal makes it disappear. :laugh:

Exactly! Look at all the success we've had with the War on Drugs!
  • wrevhn
    Options

*but all fat food*

still yummy though

I ate healthier than you. Lunch was those apple pie things (FRUIT!!!!) and ice cream (DAIRY!!!!).

And I still had people whispering behind my back that I had anorexia. *sigh*

fruit pies, now why didn't I think of that! ? :wink:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

You can honestly say you believe the union was being greedy to want to MAINTAIN the same pay and benefits for the workers? They weren't asking for more, they wanted it to stay the same.

Yes, I can. If the money isn't there to maintain, it isn't there. You can't squeeze blood from a stone. They tried, and now they don't have jobs at all. And took down many other people with them, including all the workers in the other union which did accept the concessions, and of course all the non-unionised workers.
    All the while I CEO and his cronies gave themselves 300% raise.

Again: the one does not preclude the other. I won't argue with you about whether those execs were deserving or not.

You might be enraged that those execs did that, but that does not justify the union's actions or the greed which drove it.
    Put the shoe of the factory worker on your own foot and see how you would feel.

And I'm not a factory worker because I invested my youth in higher education so that I wouldn't have to be at the mercy of a minimum wage job skill level. Even if I lose my job and have to take a lesser paying job, I'll still be doing great. I worked hard for this advantage.

I don't know about where you live, but here in Canada, in a shop which has a union, they force new employees, by law, to join the union. Talk about a curtailing of freedom!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Dear lord...

They didn't try. They gave themselves raises and then filed bankruptcy like a coward.

In this case, I will NOT blame the union for trying to keep beneifts and pay the SAME. They weren't asking for MORE.

The Corporate OFIICERS however gave themselves a 300% raise a couple of months before filing bankruptcy. They have no moral or ethical conscience at ALL.