Do you think milk is safe?

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    One of the response ask what does church have to do with milk? If they would read again they would see you were just stating where the conversation took place. Yes I eat cheese and milk. Just like everything from a full meal to a candy bar I ask God to blessed this food and not allow any harmful chemicals or addicts harm my body and then I give him thanks. Just like certain drinks I keep hearing about added items that can do harm. I eased myself off drinks. I have 1-3 a month. I am not stupid, but when you are coming up and eating junk food you don't ask questions. Now that I know some stories are true I am trying to correct what I eat. It is a huge struggle. Look around us companies are adding things for shelf life. You can buy organic, but there are articles that says there are still things added to it, just not as much. If you don't raise it or grow it you don't know what is in your food. Next year we will have a garden, but I draw the line at raising a cow. Good luck.
    Why would drinking milk cause addicts to try to harm you? What does a junkie care about your dairy consumption?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I am a retired teacher(34 yrs) and have been reading "The China Study", a huge study on nutrition involving millions of chinese people. In a nutshell,dairy and meat products are the bain of the western diet. They cause cancer,diabetes,heart disease and other diseases. We are primates. We do not eat meat and dairy. When we are weaned we should not eat dairy(milk) any more. Read:authors:Dr Fuhrman,Dr. Colin Campbell. To answer your question,milk is safe if is pasteurized but if they give hormones or antibiotics to cattle it is in the milk.
    Ok, the China Study has been invalidated many, many times, due to many rather glaring scientific errors. Correlation vs causation issues, studying one specific subset of people and trying to extrapolate to others, cherry picking data, failing to properly control for variables, and on and on. It's an interesting read, but useless to draw any real conclusions.

Also, there are plenty of primates that eat meat and seafood.
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    doesn't milk contain puss as well?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    In response to Ibelieveie's post

Yep people are seriously mistaken if they think there are no pesticides used in organic farming. There is a percentage they are allowed to use before they lose their certified organic status.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    doesn't milk contain puss as well?

I'm sure someone will argue that the human body needs to ingest a bit of pus for health...
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    there's nothing to really suggest that hormones and the like end up in milk. Many major dairies don't even give their cows hormones anymore anyway.

Cows are animals.

They make hormones.

The hormones are in milk.

Doesn't matter if a cow was injected with extra hormones are not, there is no such thing as hormone free dairy cow.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    Think about this.... How many people do you know that drink milk or eat dairy products? If I was to guess, almost everyone you know probably know eats or drink's cow's milk. Ok, do all those people who drink or eat dairy products have cancer???

Drinking cows milk can be traced back to about 7,500 years ago. I'll let you come to your own conclusion on that one.

Honestly, I don't think it's the actual cow's milk that is linked to cancer, it's what is done to the cow and the milk that is linked to cancer.

Why do you need to drink cow's milk? Why not rat milk? Tiger milk? ect?
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    Crap. Now I am craving cheese. THANKS A LOT.

Is that suppose to make people feel bad or something? Let me tell you how much I miss having acne and being bloated like a baby calf...oh wait...I don't. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Think about this.... How many people do you know that drink milk or eat dairy products? If I was to guess, almost everyone you know probably know eats or drink's cow's milk. Ok, do all those people who drink or eat dairy products have cancer???

Drinking cows milk can be traced back to about 7,500 years ago. I'll let you come to your own conclusion on that one.

Honestly, I don't think it's the actual cow's milk that is linked to cancer, it's what is done to the cow and the milk that is linked to cancer.

It's a little hard to milk a rat or a tiger
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It's a little hard to milk a rat or a tiger
    :laugh:
    same with grizzlies. Very rich milk but they hate when you pull on their teats.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    there's nothing to really suggest that hormones and the like end up in milk. Many major dairies don't even give their cows hormones anymore anyway.

Cows are animals.

They make hormones.

Doesn't matter if a cow was injected with extra hormones are not, there is no such thing as hormone free dairy cow.

And yet you have yet to show any evidence that shows a causation of any negative health issues. In fact, the series of studies you brought up shows health benefits.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Is that suppose to make people feel bad or something? Let me tell you how much I miss having acne and being bloated like a baby calf...oh wait...I don't. :)

I am very happy that I do not have either. I do have a ridiculously good bone density according to my last DEXA scan however.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I love dairy and eat tons of cottage cheese and greek yogurt parfaits daily.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

There are lots of people that consume milk other than that from cows. That's just what's most common in our culture. Some of my favorite cheeses are made from sheep milk and when I had my own dairy goats I used their milk for lots of stuff including making all kinds of cheeses. Historically people have used camel milk, mare's milk, yak milk and probably a lot of other milks. Cows strike a good balance between quantity of milk produced, ease of keeping, docileness (?), and digestibility for most people (yes, most). That's why cow milk. Rats don't produce very much and tigers eat people. Not good qualities in a dairy animal.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I love dairy and eat tons of cottage cheese and greek yogurt parfaits daily.

And ice cream, don't forget the ice-cream!
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

I am very happy that I do not have either. I do have a ridiculously good bone density according to my last DEXA scan however.

that's great!
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Cows are animals.

They make hormones.

And yet you have yet to show any evidence that shows a causation of any negative health issues. In fact, the series of studies you brought up shows health benefits.

I think you're confusing me with someone else.

If you'd like a photo of what happens in the bathroom if I do have dairy I'd post but I'd probably get banned for life, the same if I posted some lovely photos of snot that I get if I have a dairy. I could dig around and find a pre-dairy-free pic of oily skin and acne though maybe.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Cows are animals.

They make hormones.

If you'd like a photo of what happens in the bathroom if I do have dairy I'd post but I'd probably get banned for life, the same if I posted some lovely photos of snot that I get if I have a dairy. I could dig around and find a pre-dairy-free pic of oily skin and acne though maybe.

You are correct I did get you mixed up - you quoted my post earlier which was responding to a different poster.

You have an intolerance - that is not nice for you at all. But that does not mean that milk is bad for the rest of the population who are not intolerant should avoid it, unless you can come up with a credible source that shows negative health benefits for those peeps.

Edited for typos.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The combination of milk and strength training has been shown to cause significant muscular inflammation.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Cows are animals.

They make hormones.

That's really too bad but that doesn't mean it's bad for everyone else or is generally unhealthy. Maybe it's unhealthy FOR YOU but not in general.