An observation about MFP posters...

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    My cat's breath smells like cat food and he only weighs 12 pounds!

try interdental brushes I use them for my lil doggie and his breath is soooo fresh!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Honestly, even the people who think they are the "innocent victims" can be just as ugly as anyone else with their comments. Just watch the comments that follow - people will come in here, and agree with you about all the "meanies", and turn around and throw around insults.

One of the biggest problems I have with people who complain about how bad things are, is that most of the time the examples they use about someone being mean or snarky just turn out to be about another poster who simply didn't agree with their comment. In the land of MFP, not agreeing makes you and a-hole, bully, snark, or meanie! Some people's kids! :grumble:

Yep. It's usually the "kind, supportive, caring folk" who run around reporting every thread and poster they don't like. If you say you really enjoy Thanksgiving one of those "kind, caring" people will report you because you don't understand how hard it is to try to control your eating. Yep. No lie.

The internet is like life. Not everyone is nice. But for some reason people expect the thousands and thousands of members here to all be their friends and love them.

Not once have I ever heard anyone walk into their office and proclaim, "You know.. not everyone here is a nice person!" Of course not, that would be crazy. But for some reason people expect it here.

This exactly. It constantly amazes me that people seems to think that on the internet everyone should be hearts and flowers. If you dont like someone skip there post. If you dont like the topic in a thread dont read it .It s really very simple

and yet it constantly amazes me that people seem to think that on the internet you can be flat out rude just because its the "internet" and people shouldnt have feelings. Regardless, its a form of bullying and its not okay. Just goes to shows one character AND I try to keep off the forums for this very reason. Treat others how you want to be treated...in real life OR on the internet...period.

when_someone_is_way_off.gif
  • twinketta
    Options
    Honestly, even the people who think they are the "innocent victims" can be just as ugly as anyone else with their comments. Just watch the comments that follow - people will come in here, and agree with you about all the "meanies", and turn around and throw around insults.

One of the biggest problems I have with people who complain about how bad things are, is that most of the time the examples they use about someone being mean or snarky just turn out to be about another poster who simply didn't agree with their comment. In the land of MFP, not agreeing makes you and a-hole, bully, snark, or meanie! Some people's kids! :grumble:

Yep. It's usually the "kind, supportive, caring folk" who run around reporting every thread and poster they don't like. If you say you really enjoy Thanksgiving one of those "kind, caring" people will report you because you don't understand how hard it is to try to control your eating. Yep. No lie.

The internet is like life. Not everyone is nice. But for some reason people expect the thousands and thousands of members here to all be their friends and love them.

Not once have I ever heard anyone walk into their office and proclaim, "You know.. not everyone here is a nice person!" Of course not, that would be crazy. But for some reason people expect it here.

This exactly. It constantly amazes me that people seems to think that on the internet everyone should be hearts and flowers. If you dont like someone skip there post. If you dont like the topic in a thread dont read it .It s really very simple

and yet it constantly amazes me that people seem to think that on the internet you can be flat out rude just because its the "internet" and people shouldnt have feelings. Regardless, its a form of bullying and its not okay. Just goes to shows one character AND I try to keep off the forums for this very reason. Treat others how you want to be treated...in real life OR on the internet...period.

I watched a 7 page `car crash` unfold a couple of days ago re the bullying/let`s be nice to everyone unfold.

I totally agree with your statement about treat others how you would like to be treated...but it is the interf***and you will constantly get people that have no respect for other peoples feelings.

You can go on any forum from pets/technology/weight loss/ you name it...there are going to be people sitting at there computers typing things that they would never have the b**ls to say to someone in a real life scenario.

My advice, not that anyone asked for it, is stay off the forums if you are offended....sad sign of the times!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Origin of ovary

The word oval comes from the Latin ovalis (egg-shaped, literally of or pertaining to an egg) from ovum (egg), which derives from the Greek Aeolic form oFon (egg; ωFόν) of oon (egg; ωόν ).

Ovarium - intrpofito digamma; an egg;
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

I have a question. If you saw someone saying mean things to another person in public, would you run and tell the authorities every time? I don't tattle at home and I don't tattle on the internet. Let the police and mods deal with real issues.
  • doorki
    Options
    There was a squirrel in my backyard yesterday. It was not that cute.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options

try interdental brushes I use them for my lil doggie and his breath is soooo fresh!

cat_toothbrush.jpg
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

I have a question. If you saw someone saying mean things to another person in public, would you run and tell the authorities every time? I don't tattle at home and I don't tattle on the internet. Let the police and mods deal with real issues.

I think this calls for a new episode of WHAT WOULD YOU DO hosted by John Quinones.
    "Ever use the internet and see people being mean? Ever wonder what you would do if it happened to you? Tonight, stay tuned to have all your questions answered in our earth shattering episode of "What would you do, if someone hurt your feelings on the internet?""
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I have been here for almost two years now, and can agree that a lot has changed. I just ignore the crap, try to take the fun stuff lightly, and help where I can. Good luck on your journey OP!
  • twinketta
    Options

Does it have the same smelly breath as your cat...try the interdental brushes???

Or you could care about it, give it a cuddle and add it to your friends list?
  • happypath101
    Options
    If each of us reported every snarky post and if the forum monitors took it seriously, we might fight the good fight and WIN! :)

(And by snarky I mean purposefully hurtful, shallow, argumentative and rude. We know the difference between that and a sensitive disagreement.)
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options

cat_toothbrush.jpg
    :heart: this!
  • twinketta
    Options

cat_toothbrush.jpg

I`m lovin it!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    If each of us reported every snarky post and if the forum monitors took it seriously, we might fight the good fight and WIN! :)

(And by snarky I mean purposefully hurtful, shallow, argumentative and rude. We know the difference between that and a sensitive disagreement.)

so you're one of those people that reports everyone?
    Hall monitor syndrome?
  • doorki
    Options

Who is this "we" that holds the key to how all statements should be read?
  • doorki
    Options

Does it have the same smelly breath as your cat...try the interdental brushes???

Oddly enough, its breath smelled like nuts

WAWKA WAWKA!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Did I just miss these folks the last time I was on?

Yes.
  • twinketta
    Options

Oddly enough, its breath smelled like nuts

WAWKA WAWKA!

Pine nuts smell sooooo fresh, did you give it a drink of water???
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Origin of ovary

The word oval comes from the Latin ovalis (egg-shaped, literally of or pertaining to an egg) from ovum (egg), which derives from the Greek Aeolic form oFon (egg; ωFόν) of oon (egg; ωόν ).

Ovarium - intrpofito digamma; an egg;

Its called overreacting cause you have ovaries, right?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    And for the record, I was referring to the people who call someone "a fat pig" (as one poster said she was called) or something along those lines. I also saw someone told "to get off their fat lazy a** and work out." Perhaps that was an inside joke, hence the reason I wouldn't report anyone, I think that's up to the OP to handle if necessary. I totally get that people are sarcastic and that text reads wrong without proper inflection and body language. There are some comments that are unmistakeable in their meaning.

And I'm really dense because I had no idea there was such a thing as an ignore button. Seriously... learn something new every day.

You know... I remember that thread. A horrible person made a statement about people in general and one individual, who was not even the OP, decided that it was aimed specifically at her, and suddenly everyone who disputed her irresponsible, illogical, and ignorant claims were attacking her and calling her a 'fat pig'. Several of the people that she claimed were attacking her reported that individual including myself, but that didn't stop her from latching on a statement that wasn't even directed at her and claiming she was being verbally abused by the group.

Sometimes, it's a matter of perception.