What's the meanest thing someone said to you?

Options

Replies

• mimiluci07
    Options
    well this might come off bitter.... my ex and i broke up like 2 months ago.... and when i confronted on him cheating on me he says this to me in text. you GOT bigger not smaller. when do i get what i want from you.... mind you i just had surgery and was on rest for two months and once i was able to workout again i got into a car accident which was another 2 months..... o the drama.... it kills me now....
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "Would it be easier if I was on top?"

-Classic Burn

Wait. This is rude? I always thought this was being courteous.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When I was in the beginning of my last year at highschool my mum told me I was so fat nobody would ever find me attractive and I'd never get married. I stopped eating right away lost lots of weight and became very sick.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    My boss recently told me that I was too skinny and that I need to put on some weight.

8488541.png
  • Rowena02148
    Rowena02148 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was waiting in line at a department store to pay for some clothes after losing weight from having a baby six months prior, when a lady behind me asked "when are you due?"

I was so embarassed that I just went along with it and said "in six months". I felt really low after that and stuffed myself with chinese food to feel better.

Ofcourse it didn't. It made me feel worse instead.:sad:

That was 16years ago.

Now...my co-worker said to me a few days ago "Eat something. You look anorexic." That is the first time someone's told me I'm too skinny.

It's always been "I'd look prettier if I'd just lose weight". :huh:
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    'Kill yourself and make everyone you know happy'

I was bullied a lot. I would say I can laugh about it now but...can't really :L

Teenagers are really mean.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'd had a miscarriage, and had just gotten out of the hospital from a D&C that was gutwrenching. My son came home from a boyscout trip and climbed into my lap, then put his head on my chest.

My then MIL took one look and said to me: "It's a good thing that baby died". When I looked at her she made the comment again and said how I couldn't possibly have time for another child when I spoiled the ones I had like that.

Possibly the meanest thing I've ever read in my life. I could cry.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    A man I worked said to me, "You know, if you'd just lose some weight, you'd be really pretty."
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Bump..
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Your to skinny now.....You need to stop losing weight....and I thought if they feel that way there is a nicer way to tell someone.
    I have since hit my goal of 113.0 and stopped....I asked her why she would say it like that to me, and she said because she was jealous she couldn't lose weight. I have tried to help her, but she's just not ready.
  • HerPanda
    Options
    Mum in 2002: "You too skinny."

Mum in 2012: "You getting fat."
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    The meanest thing weight wise would probably be that EVERY fight I get into, or argument I should say because it doesnt turn physical, ever argument regardless of the reason for the fight or how in the wrong they were it would always come back to me being a fat b**ch.Ifwe were fighting about politics or their drug habits it would be well you are just a fat b**ch and you know nothing.

I have never had a problem getting a man, ever, my fiance is wonderful. But I have been asked before if the sex is uncomfortable.. Firstly no and secondly neither of us are that big, s I do not know why that would even cross someone mind! People are annoying sometimes!
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sending out love and support to all. Hope you can all heal, rise about these things and meet your goals!

I agree 100% with this sentiment. It's heart breaking to know that so many people have been hurt to such staggering degrees. Mean people stink! It's nice of everyone to share their stories so that others won't feel alone in their pain. All I can say is "put all of this hate out of your minds." The people who attack are miserable in some regard or completely oblivious to the their mean spirit, either way, they lose out for not taking the time to get to know you in the first place. You are on this site to strengthen and make healthy choices in life, keep up your hard work! For the record, some of us think you are fabulous, sight unseen. I wish you strength and inner peace! :flowerforyou:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    my sister has some anger management issues so she goes from zero to hulk in like 2 seconds. everytime she gets mad over anything she pulls the fat card. she has done it so many times it doesn't even phase me.

my mom was never cruel about my weight like some mean moms but one time she made a comment about the size of my thighs in a way she didn't think was hurtful but 20 yrs later I haven't forgotten. I'm not mad though. Wish I'd done something then since they got even bigger.

some stupid girl at the Y just this past Monday told me during the warm-up of a really hard cardio class that if I was sweating already i need to take an easier class. I was so mad. And embarrassed, though I shouldn't have been. It's ok to sweat in a fitness class! Sheesh. I think I'm still bitter about that! But I stood up for myself, pointed out I had already been working out for 3 hours (hence the sweat) and I had just finished doing 12 miles. No thanks on that easier class. And I'm not worrying about it one bit because I know that girl couldn't handle my daily workout.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad. I know these comments cut very deeply, but let's all try to remember that we're making positive changes in our lives, and hanging on to horrible things that people have said is unproductive.

Forgive them. Living life being insensitive to others keeps them at arms length from people who could love them. They miss out. You don't.

"Holding on to anger is like picking up a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else. You are the one who gets burned." The Buddha

Actually I'm motivated by reading them.
    We've all heard them in various degrees, and it sucks, but when I read about the mean thing people have said to all of you, I feel like 1. I'm really not alone here, and 2. I want to try harder.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I went to my 20th class reunion just 2 months after my husband walked out on me. I wasn't in the mood to go, but friends thought it would be a good idea. One guy came up to me and said I had gained some weight...like I didn't already know. I said, yes, I would like to lose about 50 lbs. He actually said, "No, you should lose more like 75." Nice.

i prolly woulda went ape *kitten* on him after telling me I'd gained weight (duh) so I woulda missed out on the part where he told you how much. what an @$s!!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I was bullied pretty much around the clock as a kid- parents, sisters, kids on the school bus, kids at school, kids after school... you get the idea. I've managed to forgive most of the stupid schoolyard stuff and have even become friendly with a few of the kids from back in the day. Harder to forgive is the stuff from my family. Calling me out on my weight and then pressuring me to eat more. Getting hauled into the Juniors' Plus section at a very young age. Having my mother constantly tell me to "suck it in" whenever we were in public and having her tell the seamstress for my prom dress to just "let it out as far as it will go".

Looking back at pictures (which slowly ceased to exist as my body image and self-esteem crumbled and burned), I was not a fat kid. I sure as hell wasn't as skinny as my precious sisters, but at most I had about 20 extra pounds on me. I was active as hell until i was 14 and even then I maybe weighed 135. I constantly hid my body under obscenely baggy clothing because I was horribly self-conscious about every part of my body. I eventually fell out of my active lifestyle and graduated high school at 174 and 5 feet tall. As they say, if only I were as skinny as when I thought I was fat.

Since then I've "ballooned" up to 205 and am slowly drifting back down and am GETTING MORE COMPLIMENTS ABOUT MY BODY THAN ANY OTHER TIME IN MY LIFE. Those hateful people who call themselves family are out of my life and I choose to surround myself with those who care about me. It's not just about how you look but how you feel. You may feel good with vindication for a little while but there is nothing quite like realizing that hot piece is genuinely interested in you.
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mostly it was just grandma telling me I "have such a pretty face...if you'd just lose the weight...". I was maybe 20 lb overweight then. My husband has a gift for commenting on my weight without being hurtful, and I'm trying to learn and emulate it. I think it's multifactorial, and based in our relationship.

1. I know he loves me and finds me attractive even at my current size.
    2. He knows that however often I may fail, I do want to lose weight, and he supports that goal.
    3. He doesn't try to make concrete suggestions and doesn't make comments that feel judgmental.
    4. Any advice he may give, he's okay with my failing to heed it.

The combination makes it easy to accept his comments in the spirit they are meant.
  • lauryn0392
    lauryn0392 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I cant feel your pulse, there is too much fat. Im not going to be able to take your blood pressure as there is so much fat covering the pulse and im used to doing it on skinny arms.

This was by a student nurse. I was only a little bit over weight at the time too.
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That I was ugly.