On the bag of charcoal I used this morning, "Warning: FLAMMABLE"
  • Polparrot
    Polparrot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Keep them coming, this thread is so funny :laugh:
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a pub called a sizzling pub, whos trademark was steaks served on a cast iron skillet that sizzled. As we took these lethal red hot spitting meals (after having them sizzle up your arms and your cleavage for several years you get a bit fed up of them!!) out to customers we had to say "please don't touch the sizzlers, they are very hot"! What used to amaze me was the number of people who touched them to see!!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    the boat company my dad works for now has to put warnings not to reverse if someone is swimming behind the boat because someone in America (sorry but you guys seem to have a reputation for suing for everything :|) successfully sued the company after reversing over their friend.... boats work like cars if you put it into reverse and someone is behind they will come off worse... :|!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Egg packets - may contain eggs. Same for peanuts - may contain traces of nuts - no, really?! :laugh:
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the sign outside our local council building that says caution, this path may be slippery in icy conditions!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the sign outside our local council building that says caution, this path may be slippery in icy conditions!!

This is similar to the signs on roads saying "Watch for black ice." Um...black ice is dangerous mainly because you can't see it. Derrrp.

Here's your sign....
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    ...my dad (aaages ago) worked at a place and a woman tried to return the microwave oven because it killed her dog.

I heard that story too. Then I found Snopes lists it as an urban legend:
    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/microwavedpet.asp
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    on the packet of the salmon I had for dinner: "Warning: Contains Fish:

:noway: WHUT!?! THAT IS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR!! :huh:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    ...my dad (aaages ago) worked at a place and a woman tried to return the microwave oven because it killed her dog.

I heard that story too. Then I found Snopes lists it as an urban legend:
    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/microwavedpet.asp

Well... this is awkward.
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more..
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    on the packet of the salmon I had for dinner: "Warning: Contains Fish:

:noway: WHUT!?! THAT IS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR!! :huh:

Just about to post the same about fish fingers - they also contain fish!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but at a large parking lot in our town there is a sign that says:

Absolutly no large truck parking.
    NO LARGE TRUCK PARKING due to oncoming construction.

It's been four years. If we ignore the horrible misspelling of absolutely, I still can't get past this oncoming construction that STILL HASN'T COME! Four YEARS! Hahahaha.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sticker o. My heated towel rack that says' "This product may become hot when used."

Well, yes, I HOPE it does!
  • fishandricecakes
    Options
    Silica packets -'Do not Eat'
    Oh really? Because for a second there I thought a snack came with my new shoes.

LOL'ed so hard at this. I've often thought of this...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    the boat company my dad works for now has to put warnings not to reverse if someone is swimming behind the boat because someone in America (sorry but you guys seem to have a reputation for suing for everything :|) successfully sued the company after reversing over their friend.... boats work like cars if you put it into reverse and someone is behind they will come off worse... :|!

That's because the dumb *kitten* in the judicial system let them get away with it. Stupid lawsuits would go down dramatically if they would throw them out. But as long as there's a blood sucking lawyer needing to make a buck....
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    We used to joke about this growing up.....my dad had a bag of powdered cheese. The caution on it read, Caution: Flammable.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    0kyrmtFbNUOXCtUTPPxKuw2.jpg
  • ELENA_Z
    ELENA_Z Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump for later i gotta do some laundry.. HAPPY THANKSGIVING..!!