NO RED MEAT OR PORK CHALLENGE FOR DECEMBER!!

Options

Replies

• mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Pass. I'm already skipping the flour and sugar. I got to draw the line somewhere. I mostly eat chicken and fish, but I do love pork tenderloin and filet mignon.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Steak tastes good. Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good!
  • cylobe
    Options
    I'll join you! I have been considering that myself for December. I'm looking at more fiber, less fat for high cholesterol. Let's do it:-)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If you eat humanely raised beef that is grass-fed and organic it's already wayyyyyyyy less fat than factory farmed.

Just eat the *right* kind of meat and your waistline will thank you.
  • gabbysabs
    Options
    SlimGirl,

This is an awesome idea! I have followed a Pescetarian (Vegetarian + Fish) diet since June. I have felt lighter, stronger and have had more effective work outs! I have done many other changes as well, so I cannot contribute my weight loss completely to diet. However, I have lost 20 pounds since April! (from 139 to 119). The last ten to get me to my goal of 109 is a STRUGGLE, as I've only been maintaining 119 for the last month. I'm not giving up despite the plateau! So you are on for the month of December with the exception of my Christmas Filet Mignon, which is a family tradition. Let me know if you want support or recipes! Spicy Black Bean Burgers have keeps my burger cravings away! So yummy & healthy!
  • gabbysabs
    Options
    Fish, Fish, Fish! Beans, Seeds, edemame... :) I never thought I could do it but I"ve been Pescetarian (Vegetarian + Fish) for 6 months now!
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    WHO'S WITH ME?? FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF DECEMBER WE AVOID ALL FOODS THAT CONTAINS RED MEAT OR PORK!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

I'm in! Although, I'm a vegetarian... so I never eat meat anyways. :) *thumbs up*
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation is key. I will not give up red meat. I rarely eat it, but once in awhile my significant other grills the perfect Ribeye ever :) I don't eat pork much at all. Just doesnt taste as good as beef.
    Ref meat for me is a treat, a luxurious treat since my grocery budget doesn't allow me to buy much beef,
    However I do believe that too much red meat is not good for you. People who eat too much of animal based diet do have more health issues than those who don't.

please explain about the health issues
  • margaret1989
    margaret1989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i think i'm on! but no land animals for the entire month of december.

i was a vegetarian for years and for some reason stopped (i was healthier and slimmer too). i need to go back to "cleaner" eating.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I'll skip this one. I need good fatty meats like pork and beef to stay healthy.
    Lean meat requires I make up the fat somewhere else.
    Nuts get boring. And animal fat is better for reducing cholesterol and triglycerides anyway.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    And, depending on the senstivity of your stomach:

http://roarofwolverine.com/wolverine
    "...Then, I’ll add this firsthand experience from an intestinal transplant survivor who spent months with a jejunostomy, watching the contents of his stomach drain directly into a bag..." - he lost his intestines thanks to a routine colonoscopy. (don't ever get one of these. Why anyone would want someone creating a wound in the dirtiest part of the body is beyond me.)

[/quote]

GROSS
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Nuts get boring.
    ExtrasGiggle.gif
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    364 days of the year I usually don't consume any red meat at all (sensitive stomach/digestive issues)...

But Christmas time with a Russian/German family means I will be shunned if I don't eat my rouladin.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you eat humanely raised beef that is grass-fed and organic it's already wayyyyyyyy less fat than factory farmed.

I agree, but unfortunately my wallet does not thank me. Grass fed beef is currently too expensive to make it a worth it for me.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I agree, but unfortunately my wallet does not thank me. Grass fed beef is currently too expensive to make it a worth it for me.

It's over $7.00 a pound where I live (Western New York). That's just insane
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    i love a nice med rare filet mignon...mmmmmmmm
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

It's over $7.00 a pound where I live (Western New York). That's just insane

Wow, that's cheap!! Garbage commodity grade sirloin here is $7/lb.

Cheapest grass fed is about $20/b here. $24 for the good stuff.
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No problem. I am so with you.
  • Heitor70
    Heitor70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ???
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! MMMM STEAK and BACON!!!!! Need i say more?