Are you still together/married now...?

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    After two months of dating he asked me to marry him, we were engaged for a year then tied the knot. We have been married 16 years and 17 years together total. Were supa happy and very much in love like high school kids lol
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Met Nov 4th 2011
    First Kiss Nov 8th 2011
    Became official bf/gf November 22nd 2011
    Said I love you November 29th 2011

Went ring shopping February 2013... I couldn't be happier and am anxiously awaiting for him to ask me to be his wife.

We both knew after the first two dates that we wanted to be together. He told me he wanted to be with me forever in February of 2012 at a friends birthday dinner. I officially knew in July of 2012. He was there for me during the most difficult event in my life (the death of my mother) and showed me what love really is. I could see he was scared but he never left my side. I know we can work through anything God sets in our path. I can't imagine being in love with a better man.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Met on a church trip- June 2006 He was 16, I was 14, all I remember is him, his brother, mutual friend, and I doing (well, my case attempting) chin-ups in the church gym
    Late 2007-Early 2008- Worked together at McD's, had no idea who each other was (nice, huh?)
    November 2010-the wonderful Facebook comes into play. He sent me a message and we immediately started talking and texting
    January 2011-We finally met (again), he got me a job at Wal-Mart on 3rd shift with him.
    May 2011-We break up (for 2 days haha), priority issues on his part, get back together, and I move in with him and his family late May
    June 2011-We buy "promise rings" for each other, a few days after that, he proposes on a camping trip
    August 8, 2011- We get married by notary public (at a car lot of all places! :blushing: )
    September 2011- We learn I'm pregnant with our first child

Married within 8 months of reconecting on Facebook, have been married for almost 2 years, together almost 3, and with a 10 month old little girl. Yeah, life is good. :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    right after the one night stand.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How soon after dating your guy/girlfriend did you know that he/she was the one you wanted to be with? And are you guys still together now (how long have you guys been together?)

I knew within about 3months.... Took him about 18 months (we split up within that time) but we're married now (together 5 years married 10 months) so alls well that ends well!
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Met him in HS. Started dating him when I was a Sr. in HS. Engaged a year later and married the year after. Been together 16 years and Married ALMOST 14. LOVE HIM!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    About a month after we began dating we knew this was going to last a long time.
    2.5 years later it's still true. We are very committed and working towards marriage. We act like we are married, but we are just too young for the whole wedding thing.
  • tay_913
    tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Started dating long distance in September 2004, Engaged July 2005, Married July 2006----still together today <3
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    By the end of the first date we were smitten. Haven't been apart since. Nearly seven years and two children later we're still going strong.
    He annoys the crap out of me though. :wink:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Started dating May 1982; engaged October 1982; married September 1984......still together.....celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary next year :smile: :drinker:
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    He proposed to me after knowing each other seven days ... we married 13 months later and will celebrate our 25th anniversary in September :smooched:
  • ncashman
    ncashman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I knew within the first month and we've been together over 8 years.. married just over 5
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Pretty much knew we were going to be together after about 6 weeks...he claimed the first date, guess I'm slower! We're closing in on our 40th Wedding Anniversary in May. :blushing:
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    We met on a blind date. Two mutual friends introduced us. We talked on the phone for 4 hours the first night he called me. First date was awsome, 2nd date I knew there would never be anyone else. 3 now grown kids still madly in love with him, he's my best friend! Talked the first time on Thanksgiving first date that weekend, got married 6 months later. It's been 25 years and we are best friends, I love him more now than when we met! :smooched:
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    2 months after dating we got married and our 5th anniversary is coming up in may and we still haven't killed each other yet!!!!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    we talked online for 2.5 years dated face to face for 30 days, got married the day after he asked and have been married almost 13 years.
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    I knew my husband for 6 mos. when we got married. Started dating Jan. 1, 1995 and married on Jun. 2, 1995. We have been together 17 years.
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Met July 5, 1993
    Moved in together Aug 4, 1993
    Married August 25, 1993
    Fist child born May 22, 1994 (oops didn't know about that until after we were married)

Still together! Happily. Been an amazing almost 20 years! I will take another 20 please!!!!!!!
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My husband and me meet when we were 18 and we married less then a year later. We've been married for 10 years in Jun. He said he knew I was the one he wanted to married when he first saw me. :D I knew there was something special about him the first time I meet him.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    knew the first time I saw him I wanted to be with him lol. Ask him to marry me after talking to him for 5 minutes and we've been together 9, almost 10, years now lol. I'm 24 so knowing at 14/15 might seem crazy to some, but it worked out for us =).