Are you still together/married now...?

Options

Replies

• mikeswife04
    mikeswife04 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Met in September of 2002, moved in together in December 2002, engaged March 2003 and married in April 2004...

Still together and very happy :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It wasn't exactly love at first sight for us either but pretty close. We met at a dance club Nov 1997. I was drunk and he started dancing with me. As the evening progressed, we kept dancing with each other and made out and exchanged numbers. I felt pretty sure I wasn't going to hear from him since I refused to go home with him but lo and behold, around 9am the next morning the phone rings and it him! I was shocked...and I gave him crap for the hickey I discovered while getting ready...LOL!

He wanted to meet up again that day but I had plans with my friends so we made a date for a few nights later. It was awkward of course but we had fun and there was something very familiar about him. We started spending all of our free time together and within a couple of weeks, I felt like there was a real connection there.

We both had our hesitations because of past troubled relationships but after a couple of months we decided to bite the bullet and moved in together. Of course it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns through the years but we're completely crazy about each other 15+ years later. We bought a house together in 2005 and got married in 2008.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    pregnancy-test.jpg

no joke but, in all seriousness...I had her ring already and had planned to propose to her in two weeks on our two year "dating" anniversary. When she said she was pregnant, my initial reaction was "oh man...really?" of course, that was the disappointment of her telling me two weeks before I proposed and she kinda freaked out because she obviously thought I was disappointed and didn't want to get married. Until, I went to my gun safe, pulled out her ring and got down on my knee...told her that I had planned it on our 2yr dating annv. she cried happy tears, we laughed a little.....had our 7yr anniversary this past feb 18th, Our precious little girl turned 7 March 21st.
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I approached him, as a stranger, in the hall in high school. I was 14, he was 17. We dated for 4 months and I broke it off. I always felt bad that I broke his heart back then. We went our separate ways, I married twice, had 1 child, he married once, had 3 children.

Fast forward 22 years, our respective marriage were in the middle of ending, he FR'd me on facebook. We chatted for a while and both felt it was "right". We met in person 5 months later (he lived 5 hours away) and talked about marriage, We did the long distance relation ship for a year, then moved in together.

Been living together for 3 years, and we cannot picture our lives without the other person.
  • ReneeLawing
    Options
    We Met at Church, knew each other but weren't great friends until about 2 years later. became very close very quick, Talked nonstop, became best friends within a couple months. Everyone else knew we would date before we did! I was 16 he was 20!!! we have been married almost 2 years and together for 7!!! I couldn't imagine my life life without him he's the only guy I've ever been with, my best friend and i look forward to the rest of our lives together!!!!!! :-)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    We dated for 5 months before we were engaged, were engaged for 3 years before we married, and have been married for almost 7 years. This July we will have been together 10 years total.
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I knew before he even asked me out! Married for 20 years, three beautiful teenagers. Life is good!
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    dated for 4 months got married that was 43 years ago just seems like it was yesterday!
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I knew the day I met my fiance that I wanted to be with him. I knew about a few weeks after I wanted to be with him forever. We are still together :)
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Still together... I knew we should be together after we were married for seven years and had our first child. Going on 20 years now.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I knew 1.5 months after we started dating. At that point I wasn't tired of seeing him yet and still got giddy with the idea of seeing him (unlike other guys I had dated). Plus whenever he came over to my apartment, it just felt right that he was there. That was 13 years ago. Still together, married 10 years, and have 2 kids.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Never met a guy I wanted to be with.

So I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I'm really just here to tag the thread so I can read all the gushy romantic stories and then hate my life a little bit more because romance has not been in my past and probably won't be in my future.

*bitter*

Girl. I feel you. Come sit beside me.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I told my husband that we were going to get married months before we even started dating. Next month will be our 13th anniversary (15 years together).
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I was smitten instantly. He's awesome and then some. We've been together for 16 years and married for almost 10 years. We're like peanut butter and bananas.
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Human beings are meant to mate, marriage is for the birds. In today's society people look at marriage as something that sounds good, looks good on paper, but when the times get's tough they don't want to put in the effort to make it work. Hence the reason our divorce rate is at an all time high.
  • nicoletta0607
    Options
    Love at first sight. It's real. You'll know.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband, we dated for a year then he broke it off not sure about the commitment thing. We were apart for about a year (only saw each other a few times during that period) before getting back together. We've been married 13 years but have been together 17.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Not married but I do love my workout and beer
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Second date :love:

Yes for 25 years :heart: :heart:
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    met here and a week later I moved in with her. I knew she was the one almost instantly. Married now for 17 years. Not to say things are perfect or that it is nothing but roses. It is work, but in the end worth it.