When did you know it was over?

Options

Replies

• Tiff4378
    Tiff4378 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I knew it was over when my first husband said to me, "it's kind of hard to work on our marriage when I have a girlfriend." True story. We were separated. I filed for divorce and he wasn't happy that I had filed. So I told him it didn't seem like he wanted to work on the marriage and that was his response. I knew at that point I needed to end it immediately.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I knew it was over before I even married my ex-husband, unfortunately, I "tried to make it work for the kids" (bad idea btw).

I left him the day of our 1 year wedding anniversary.

No regrets.
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I realized it was over about 2 months ago. We have talked and are very friendly with each other(she has always been my best friend). We have decided to wait until after the holidays for me to move out. Don't want to put the boys into a tailspin right before christmas. Like I said we are the best of friends but we just aren't meant to be lovers anymore.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When he would no longer allow me to even hang out with my own best friend because she may be trying to come on to me. Uh excuse me?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    when _DaniD_ said "just break up"

/thread
    bwahahahahahaaaaa!!! \m/
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Not bad Jimmy, not bad at all... but I'm sorry, you still don't win.

When I called her parents to tell her she was coming home and I couldn't take her drug/alcohol problem anymore, even if it did help her cope with the pain from cancer.

And they said, "What cancer?"

*keeps heavyweight belt right where it belongs*
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    I knew it was over about a year ago when I found myself dreading being around him at times. The constant complaining, neediness and self absorption killed it. Maybe it was also the fact that he fracking lied about anything and everything and mainly stupid stuff. We broke up almost a month ago and I am happy as hell and he is still whining! "You didn't call me on Thanksgiving I couldn't console myself" Really? We broke up remember I don't have to cater to your zillions of needs anymore...........
  • kathrine3
    Options
    When all we had was a routine. Never anything different. No thanks.

This ^^
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    When I realized I was the emotionally balanced one in the relationship.
  • Countryboy_
    Options

When I called her parents to tell her she was coming home and I couldn't take her drug/alcohol problem anymore, even if it did help her cope with the pain from cancer.

I am still not sure that beats seeing a mexican third baseman giving her a liver massage with his fungo bat....
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The first time, when I experienced a horrible miscarriage (7 months in) and he chose his family over helping me grieve. It was over long before this though, but we had become so comfortable together that neither of us really felt the urge to break it off despite there being no real love between us.

The second, when he hit me then almost strangled me.

But now I'm happily married. And it was worth going through hell to find happiness!
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    If I told you you would have nightmares. I know I still do and it has been a year and a half. From the time I made the decision to the time the police were at the door he didn't have enough time to put on his shoes. :brokenheart:
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am happily married now. I knew it was over when I had enough of my ex boyfriend's verbal abuse. He always accused me of cheating on him. He didn't get along with my family either at all. We fought constantly from the beginning of our 5 year relationship. What broke the straw was the incident when i was at my best friend's house and he kept calling me calling me names and a cheater. Tyson (my husband now) was there. I just looked at him and saw how there are really nice people out there and I dont have to put up with this harrasment.! I never cheated on him, but for some reason he had something in his head. I told him it was over on the phone. Went back home, and began to change my life forever. I put in my four week notice at work (luckily i had 4 weeks of pto to cash out on to keep me ok financially for a while) I packed up my stuff and moved away. It was the biggest life challenge I have dealt with so far. I am so thankful now that I had the courage to get out. When I look back, I was scared to leave him because I was scared to be alone. Now I am happily married to my husband who is the sweetest guy ever!!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The last relationship I was in when she said she was sick and tired of us not moving forward in terms of our relationship, I knew about 2 months before she broke up with me that it was over between us and this was just physical now.

I was technically over it the next day but I did missed her and once snapped when I was a youtube clip where I saw an Asian girl and she just reminded me of her so I guess I wasn't "over her" for like a month or 2 after it was over
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I am still not sure that beats seeing a mexican third baseman giving her a liver massage with his fungo bat....

I love a good Jaws-style, you show me yours I'll show you mine, ex-off!

Ah you caught your woman cheating, happens ALLL the time! I had to continually try to get her to breathe again during her seizures (ok those were real I found out).

Plus I'm pretty sure she cheated on me too. But that was the least of my worries, what with all the vicodin I had to steal for her....

DON'T CHALLENGE THE CHAMP!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    When I got home from 3 months at sea and found she'd received a thank you card from a Destroyer crew.
  • amberdragonfire
    Options
    I knew it was over when we moved in together. I lost my own space, my own life, my own self. He had a daughter & almost instantly I was transformed into babysitter & housekeeper. It was his house, so I had to get enough money banked to move out. I still had a ways to go before I would have been comfortable, but he came home one night from a work happy hour & announced that he found me boring, that I had let myself go (same line of crap he told his wife when he left her!) that he no longer found me attractive & that someone else had expressed an interest, even though he had not yet acted upon it. I knew it was right to end - but I was crushed at the vicious way he told me. Using the same venom on me that he had used on his wife 5 years before & hitting me where he knew it would hurt most - the weight I have been battling against for months. Most of the time I think I am shouldnt be feeling as hurt as I do - after all, I knew it was done long before he did & had been saving my money in secret for months to prepare to go.
  • angelis81
    Options
    I knew it had ended with my boyfriend when he sold the flat and didnt give a s**t where I ended up. To put it mildly! LOL
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    With my ex-husband, I knew as soon as our daughter was born and I realized that he was never going to grow up and put anyone (even his own child) before his own selfish needs. I kicked him out shortly after that and filed for divorce. Best decision I ever made.

My goodness....our ex's must have been twins. :flowerforyou:
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    When he would no longer allow me to even hang out with my own best friend because she may be trying to come on to me. Uh excuse me?

mine was like that too, always snooping my fb and phone,