When did you know it was over?

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    First date. The entire time I was thinking: I wonder what my roommate is doing?

I knew it was time to break things off then. When I knew I'd have more fun with my boring old roommate then my date. :P
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    When he beat me and I lost our baby. Years later he showed up and wanted to know if my son was his. No, you idiot. You killed your child.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    When he beat me and I lost our baby. Years later he showed up and wanted to know if my son was his. No, you idiot. You killed your child.

Jesus...
  • LisaY76
    LisaY76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The relationship that never should have happened but did result in my daughter - so I can't regret all of it.
    Honestly I don't know WHY my ex fiancee and I ever dated. It was bad from the start to be honest. After I got pregnant I went through the motions b/c we were having a baby. Worst time of life. Looking back I shouldn't have followed through with the motions; should have gone through the pregnancy on my own and never let him have a part of any of it.
    Anyways shortly after my daughter was born I was in a car accident, then cut my biological father out of my life and it was all down hill from there. The first time I told my ex I didn't need him was the most freeing moment ever.
    Things did drag on for a while and I grew to just HATE him
    We ended moving in with a family friend and I saw my opportunity to leave. Went to my sister's for the memorial day weekend - made out with her neighbor and left a week later. Never looked back
    WOW......TMI... You gave way more info than what was asked. But hey, if you need to vent, then what better place. Let it out sista, let it out. :)
  • QTRARO
    QTRARO Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh and it should have been over when I spent $400 on a night out at a nice hotel and $100 on a bottle of champange he liked. He complained the champange wasn't cold enough, and then in the morning was "too tired" to get up and enjoy a nice breakfast in the resturant I had arranged for us. Oh and he snored all night so I barely got any sleep.

haha I'm still venting about it.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    After much shadiness I found an extra cell phone which didn't know existed,. That and being over the fact we had 0 in common and were more like roommates then husband / wife.
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I knew it was over when I had spent the last 6 months in a new city looking for a place for us, and two hours before we were going to sign the lease I get a text that says "I'm feeling angry and depressed" or something along those lines.

I made him drive two hours to tell me to my face he didn't want to move in with me, give me the non-refundable security deposit, and broke up with him.

The ties were absolutely cut when I found out he had still been dating his other girlfriend when we first started dating, and about halfway into the relationship started dating his best friends ex.

Several months later, I found another girl.

Problem was, dude wasn't even that attractive.. He just fed on woman with low self esteem ( like I had) and catered to their need to feel loved and accepted (that I needed).

Last I heard he married one of the girls, even after I sent her a fb message with some corrospondance between him and I detailing some times of our relationship... and i just feel sorry for her now....
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    when the guy said "i think it's best we're just friends." and I heard it... 3 weeks ago.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    After having a long-distance relationship for a few years, with a few break-ups along the way, my now ex-boyfriend decided he couldn't live without me for another second, and he moved 1500 miles to be with me.

I knew it was over when he became very picky about what job he would take..."I don't want to be a ___, I won't work for ___dollars an hour, etc..." I grew very tired of getting up for work every morning, and coming home to find him playing video games or online. I began to hate the sight of him. After 2 big fights, I told him it would be best if he left.

No regrets here, they say you never really know a person 'till you live with them, and I now know just how true that saying is.
  • brendasteve
    brendasteve Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I knew it had to end when my ex husband would sit at the edge of the bed and eat his dinner in the evening, everytime he did this i wanted to kick him in the back. He could make mashed potatoes sound crunchy! Even the sound of him breathing annoyed me.... This is when I knew. It took me at least a year to walk out! It wasnt easy, but better than being with someone i wanted to hurt (would never actually hurt someone but felt like it)
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    We just grew apart.

After she cheated on me the second time that pretty much ruined any chance of it ever working too though...
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I knew it was over when he told me that he didn't want me to go to grad school. He gradually became more and more controlling and demanding. He wanted to know where I was, what I was doing, where I was going all the time and I made excuses to not answer his phone calls or talk to him for a day at a time. We had been together for 6 years but it just wasn't worth it anymore.
  • Some of these are so horrible.

I am happy you are out of these relationships.
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The first clue was when I found him sex chatting with old girlfriends on Facebook and then would tell me I had the "sex drive of a goat" when I wanted to do it twice in one week.
  • NightWindEclipse
    Options
    Been in a wonderful relationship for a year and a half now.

But before this; when he told me that he wanted to get me pregnant, have the baby killed, drink my milk, and then force me to commit suicide.
    Wut.
    :huh:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My ex and I were moving into a new house.
    On the way to closing on it, he mentioned wanting to "christen" every room.

And I thought to myself "I have NEVER been so glad to have TOM...because that would be GROSSSSSSS"

Or when after a vacation with him and my family I knew I never even wanted to go on a weekend trip with him again. Ever.
    Anywhere.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    He was a needy, controlling jerk who was jealous that I was spending time with my best friend in the hospital (who had terminal cancer and would only live another 6 weeks). He tried to give me the "cold shoulder" treatment so I dumped him.

I sensed before that our relationship was probably a no-go, but that was the last straw.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    We just grew apart.

After she cheated on me the second time that pretty much ruined any chance of it ever working too though...
    :grumble:
  • MimiCro
    MimiCro Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    when he tore me and my daughter down verbally. I was a "fat, ugly, worthless, c**t and he had to think about other women to get off, a horrible mother" and my 8 yr old daughter was "a f**ked up little brat". I hung up the phone and was DONE.

wow, thats serious trouble right there...
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Have been with the hubby for 4 years, been married a little over a year and have a 10 month old.

Before that, my last ex was creepy as in he would call my cell phone every 5 minutes demanding to know where i was at, who i was with, what i was doing etc, drive by my house, lay on the horn until i acknowledged him etc, i finally dumped him when he dragged me out to his truck and drove me to another town and after the abuse (not only mentally but emotionally and physically) and came back. He also one night refused to leave the side street next to my house until i waved to him outside the kitchen window even though we were broken up. :noway: He had the nerve to write an email to the funeral home about my mom (which he claimed he understood what i was going through....yeah right if you did you wouldn't have called the house making my mom pick up the phone after driving her mobility scooter out there and then calling her a *****) and ran into me at Walmart before i left that town and demanded my phone number (I gave him the wrong one :laugh: )

Before that, I had three other relationships and both of them the guy cheated on me. First one cheated on me with a girl that we went to school with, had me date one of his friends and then we broke up and i took him back before dumping him (7th grade), the second one moved to another town (8th grade) and turned a guy gay in high school (that was the joke, he and i dated for 6 months and when I wouldn't give it to him, he went around saying his was bi-sexual for 3 weeks and then he said truthfully I am gay). :huh: After that i didn't date until i got to college, dated psycho for 7 months, and then ended up meeting my husband through working together in 2007, but we didn't start dating until 2008.

I also had one other guy that flirted with me and then threatened suicide :frown: if i didn't kiss him. Yeah in high school that wasn't funny so i told the counselor and the guy wasn't happy but i wasn't giving away my first kiss to anyone (interestingly, my first kiss went to my husband).