Can we start a mythbusting thread?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Myth: situps/crunches will shrink your tummy
    Fact: You cannot target fat zones ... fat just comes off wherever its genetically programmed to. Reduce your overall bodyfat.

Myth: "Toning"
    Fact: There's no such thing... only fat reduction and muscle-building. Do both, and you will look "toned".

Myth: "Diets"
    Fact: There are no "diets"... only YOUR diet. Permanently change that and you will look the way you want.

This is PERFECT !! I LOVE THIS !!
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No myth just fact : I have seen some hateful, combative, and challenging responses on this thread as well as many other threads and that is really discouraging.
  • sunnygirl19
    sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Myth: I am still carrying the "baby weight"
    Fact: My babies are 16, 11 and 5!!!
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I find that there is this myth that folks think their opinion is a fact.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I did the C25k based on times rather than distance. I got to where I could jog for 30 minutes straight, so I decided to try to run outside. Fifteen minutes in, I had gone about three quarters of a mile, so I turned around and went back home, making it a 1.5 mi. run in 30 minutes. I am supposing that 5k would take me close to an hour, and I don't have the stamina for that.
    fact: That's awesome! Keep doing it. So what if it takes you an hour to do 5k. You can do it if you want to. First time it takes an hour, next time it takes 58 minutes, the time after that it takes 55. Before you know it you'll be doing it in 30 or you'll be doing 10k in an hour. Stamina is something you build and I guarantee if you build it you'll be losing weight along the way. In my limited experience running doesn't get easier but I do go farther faster.

Myth: I don't have the stamina for that.