I drink about a bottle of wine a day. Should I cut back?

Options

Replies

• amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Let me paint a picture for you:

My friend asked me to get a glass wine stopper for her when I went to Venice.

I replied with "People re-cork wine?"

Absolutely babycakes!!! once it is open theres no going back.........the bottle must be drank!!!!! till the last drop :devil:

Wanna pop a couple of bottles with this awesomely tanned man!?

Only if you like poppin' bottles with models. :wink:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Its like my daily ritual usually. After work I hit the gym, then shower up then dinner with wine...............and wine night cap afterwards. I know they say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Im averaging about a bottle of Merlot a night. Do you think I might be overdoing it a bit?

I do work out alot and take a daily multivitamin!:bigsmile:

The vitamins in your multivitamin negate any bad effects of the wine. So feel free to get "wine-y", but get late night hard core physical activity in order to avoid temporary weight gain.

Indeed! thats why im hitting the gym everyday this week!!! burn off that excess alcohol!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    update: One of my New years resolutions is to cut back! :bigsmile: Maybe just have some beers instead at night.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and flex one of these bottles of Rose' with a good grilled chicken dish............

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1114334
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    update: One of my New years resolutions is to cut back! :bigsmile: Maybe just have some beers instead at night.

How's it going for you?
  • jancli
    jancli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love all the serious posters on this thread, I just want to cuddle you all for being so well meaning with your advice. :drinker: :laugh:
  • jancli
    jancli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    True said!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could learn to make your own wine? It would save money, it's a great hobby and I'm sure you could offset some of the calories by stomping grapes... right? OH! you could build a most awesome wine cellar while you're at it (only one worthy of a man cave) and even burn more calories...you might have to start drinking two bottles a day....
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    mom, is that you?
  • frozenfire272
    Options
    listen, from a medical perspective anything over 2 standards for a normal person attacks the heart cells, this is variable due to weight but not by much so a bottle a day could lead to your heart cells dying and an early death around 60 from a heart attack
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Maybe you could learn to make your own wine? It would save money, it's a great hobby and I'm sure you could offset some of the calories by stomping grapes... right? OH! you could build a most awesome wine cellar while you're at it (only one worthy of a man cave) and even burn more calories...you might have to start drinking two bottles a day....

So true! ^^^^ I am going to take your advice and build but the most awesome of wine cellars evvvvvaaaaa!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would worry about is the calories. I am also a wine lover and would drink it daily if I could afford to (calorie wise). There is about 122 calories in a 5 oz glass of Merlot and i believe there is around 25 or so ounces in a bottle so you are looking at around 488 calories or so. I was drinking white wine a week ago and looked up the calories only to find out that I drank about 550 calories! Yikes! For me if I am going to have calories I would rather eat them, lol. :smile:
    Yep. I am a craft beer drinker and homebrewer and love a pint each evening. I account for the calories based on the beer I drink and simply move forward from there. This weekend/Saturday, my boyfriend and I shared a bottle of Skywalker Ranch pinot noir and, as long as the calories were counted, I didn't care. :)
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Its like my daily ritual usually. After work I hit the gym, then shower up then dinner with wine...............and wine night cap afterwards. I know they say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Im averaging about a bottle of Merlot a night. Do you think I might be overdoing it a bit?

I do work out alot and take a daily multivitamin!:bigsmile:
    no its not too much but... You really need to quantify... This bottle portion. What size is it?are we talking a normal bottle a large bottle or a riunite gallon bottle... You must be more specific. What size is the glass... Are you counting it in your water intake??
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    The only thing I would worry about is the calories. I am also a wine lover and would drink it daily if I could afford to (calorie wise). There is about 122 calories in a 5 oz glass of Merlot and i believe there is around 25 or so ounces in a bottle so you are looking at around 488 calories or so. I was drinking white wine a week ago and looked up the calories only to find out that I drank about 550 calories! Yikes! For me if I am going to have calories I would rather eat them, lol. :smile:
    Yep. I am a craft beer drinker and homebrewer and love a pint each evening. I account for the calories based on the beer I drink and simply move forward from there. This weekend/Saturday, my boyfriend and I shared a bottle of Skywalker Ranch pinot noir and, as long as the calories were counted, I didn't care. :)

Pinot Noir...................good call babycakes. I might stop by and pick up a bottle tonight!!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how many calories is a bottle of wine??????????????????? wow .........................
    not just for weight loss
    save your liver ..
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Wine is made from grapes. Grapes have water in them...so in a way wine is kinda like flavored water so I would count it as a water intake. ^_^ You are doing great!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Cut back on the sweet, sweet nectar that is wine? What a silly thing to say!!!
  • dixseachic
    dixseachic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes. your liver will thank you.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    mom, is that you?

hehe
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If it's boxed wine ... count towards your water?