I drink about a bottle of wine a day. Should I cut back?

Options

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I too am a WINO! I'm struggling with this - glad you asked the question. Do you factor the wine into your calories? I always do... but have noticed that some days I'm drinking 1/3 of my total calories which means my body isn't getting the nutrition it needs.

I gotta have my wine... am trying to keep it to 1-2 glasses.

I know what you mean babycakes.........I sometimes drink 1/3 of my calories!!!!!!!! Kraaaazzzzyyy but true.
    Ok that will be my new year resolution to cut back a little!!
    But just a little:devil:
    You should toast to that resolution at midnight with a glass of....oh wait......
    Silly, there's no such thing as "too much" wine! I mean look....what if you didn't drink the whole bottle. When you put a stopper in the bottle it NEVER seals correctly, then you have *gasp* EVAPORATION! Good grief! That's HORRIBLE!
  • scorpia22
    scorpia22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes, sadly, i limit myself now to one glass with dinner.
    but really, lose the merlot -- malbec is where it's at.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Oh beautiful wine...how I miss your nightly visits. Such sweet memories.......sighs sadly....

No need to miss the vino babycakes..............go on ....get yourself a bottle and let it ripp!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Be an Eeyore and consume milk thistle for your liver.:flowerforyou:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Oh beautiful wine...how I miss your nightly visits. Such sweet memories.......sighs sadly....

No need to miss the vino babycakes..............go on ....get yourself a bottle and let it ripp!!!!! :bigsmile:

Well yeah I'm sure I could work it into my daily cals, I could just drop a meal or 3, hell if it fits into your micro's why not? I could maybe do 500 cals on food 500 on wine, and i'll come in under 1000. Awesome work :laugh:
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!! I started cutting back, and now I barely drink it! It's a slippery slope, my friend!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You should drink more.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    You should drink more.

Is that an invite to drink more with you babycakes?????? Im game!! :devil:
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A bottle of wine a day...I like the way you work. I think we need to be friends. :drinker:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    A bottle of wine a day...I like the way you work. I think we need to be friends. :drinker:

Ohhhh indeed we do babycakes! I see you are a fan of tall tanned men with a thirst for wine!!:bigsmile:
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3 I have found my group! <3<3<3

/haha, right??
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Ohhhh indeed we do babycakes! I see you are a fan of tall tanned men with a thirst for wine!!:bigsmile:

Tall, short, tan, pale- as long as there is a promise of wine, I'm there!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

Tall, short, tan, pale- as long as there is a promise of wine, I'm there!

This might be fun! :devil: Drunken good fun!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    yes, sadly, i limit myself now to one glass with dinner.
    but really, lose the merlot -- malbec is where it's at.

Right? I loves me some malbec. Right now I'm partial to tempranillos though. Tempranillo pairs well with a glass of Tempranillo
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    They say you shouldn't drink more than 21 units of alcohol for a man and 14 units for a woman per week
    and have 2 alcohol free days per week

In a bottle of wine 12% alcohol there are 9 units so if you have one bottle
    everyday you are having 63 units of alcohol per week 4.5 times higher than the
    recommended "safe" limit
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I love all the serious posters on this thread, I just want to cuddle you all for being so well meaning with your advice. :drinker: :laugh:
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    They say you shouldn't drink more than 21 units of alcohol for a man and 14 units for a woman per week
    Who is "they"?
    recommended "safe" limit
    "Safe" from what?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Who is "they"?
    recommended "safe" limit
    "Safe" from what?

Safe from the FUN of alcohol!!!! Wait...
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Who is "they"?
    recommended "safe" limit
    "Safe" from what?

OH OH I did it agaoin yesterday!!! I flexed a bottle of Chardonnay! I did however have a monster workout!! I might have scared some people..........HA!!!:bigsmile:
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Its like my daily ritual usually. After work I hit the gym, then shower up then dinner with wine...............and wine night cap afterwards. I know they say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Im averaging about a bottle of Merlot a night. Do you think I might be overdoing it a bit?

I do work out alot and take a daily multivitamin!:bigsmile:

I refuse to apologize for this love affair :drinker: