I drink about a bottle of wine a day. Should I cut back?

Replies

• I agree!!! We should start our own group! My nickname is princessvinrouge!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    nope, drink more
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    I hope your watching the calories on that. I drink a glass every once in a while.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Yes, there is a HUGE problem.

You're the reason for the shortage! I can't get a good bottle half the time to save my life!.

Oh.. Wait.. That's not from you.. That's from moving from California to PA.. I miss my cali locals...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Wine is good. Wine can be good for you. However, 'they' do not suggest entire bottles, daily. If you really are doing this daily, you have an alcohol 'problem', not something that's helping you.
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    NOPE. 750ml of wine a day ranges from 600 - 1,000 calories though just make sure you're not over your caloric intake
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Wine is just coloured water isn't it? :)
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    If a glass of wine is good for you why not overkill the goodness? lol.

IMO- A bottle might be too much, just for the livers health at that. But I'm sure 1-2 glasses a day won't kill you.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    I do the box wine and just drink from the spout. So much easier.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    I hope this is a joke.
  • fooshmama
    fooshmama Posts: 82 Member
    <3<3<3 I have found my group! <3<3<3
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    I was drinking about a bottle a week and that was a bit much for me. Empty calories. AND I've noticed I sleep so much better when I DON'T drink. Rest is also important to your health/weightloss. Now I only drink a glass or two every other week. (average) or on holidays and special occasions.
  • arcticlynx1
    arcticlynx1 Posts: 30 Member
    It would be better if you are drinking socially quite often. That is a good way to keep drinking a bit in check. Don't drink unless you are with friends. Then at least you have some added friendship (and supervision) for your drinking activity.

As for the calories, make sure you have a workout every day you drink that much. Make them go hand in hand.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    The wine diet: 1 awesome sandwich & 1 bottle of wine a day 1500 cals! :wink:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    I too am a WINO! I'm struggling with this - glad you asked the question. Do you factor the wine into your calories? I always do... but have noticed that some days I'm drinking 1/3 of my total calories which means my body isn't getting the nutrition it needs.

I gotta have my wine... am trying to keep it to 1-2 glasses.

I know what you mean babycakes.........I sometimes drink 1/3 of my calories!!!!!!!! Kraaaazzzzyyy but true.
    Ok that will be my new year resolution to cut back a little!!
    But just a little:devil:
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Here are my questions for you Beerruner:
    Are you tracking those calories?
    Can you stop drinking for at least a week with no physical or emotional effects?
    Are you comfortable with how much you drink?
    Are you able to stay in your calorie count while still getting the nutrients you need from other foods?
    Are the people around you okay with how much you drink?
    Are you still achieving your fitness goals?

If those are all yeses then drink away! If not, you should probably cut back. I'm a wine drinker myself (although I could never drink a whole bottle) and definitely think it's worth. the calories :-)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Its like my daily ritual usually. After work I hit the gym, then shower up then dinner with wine...............and wine night cap afterwards. I know they say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Im averaging about a bottle of Merlot a night. Do you think I might be overdoing it a bit?

A bottle of wine is what, 4 glasses? If you have one when you get home, one while cooking dinner, one with dinner, and one after then it's all good! Now, if you sat on the couch and chugged the bottled all at once, you might have a problem. :drinker:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Oh beautiful wine...how I miss your nightly visits. Such sweet memories.......sighs sadly....
  • It is only a problem if you are trying to lose weight. As we all know liquor (although it taste yummy) is so fattening. But if you are not trying to lose weight and are happy with yourself then go for it. :smile:
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    It is only a problem if you are trying to lose weight. As we all know liquor (although it taste yummy) is so fattening.

I've been able to lose weight while drinking wine. Keep your calories within your goal and exercise.