I drink about a bottle of wine a day. Should I cut back?

Options

Replies

• Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    WIN!!!!!!!

Although I don't drink much wine, I could never give up going out for drinks with friends.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    You're a man and as such can tolerate more alcohol than the average woman. A glass or two of red wine is healthy, but a bottle every day? I don't know. You should ask your doctor and possibly get your liver scanned.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You're a man and as such can tolerate more alcohol than the average woman. A glass or two of red wine is healthy, but a bottle every day? I don't know. You should ask your doctor and possibly get your liver scanned.

AHHHHHHH DOnt scare me babycakes!!!!!!:noway:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Kind of
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfect to me!
  • Britgal50
    Options
    I like your vitamin response. Too funny.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It IS made from grapes.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wine calories don't count... didn't you know?!

I like your thinking!!!................as long as we work them off right!?! :bigsmile:
    My thinking exactly!!
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    I'd suggest switching to vodka...but, you know...all those carbs.
  • kscott2008
    kscott2008 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Doesn't count if you drink it standing up.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Let me paint a picture for you:

My friend asked me to get a glass wine stopper for her when I went to Venice.

I replied with "People re-cork wine?"
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Let me paint a picture for you:

My friend asked me to get a glass wine stopper for her when I went to Venice.

I replied with "People re-cork wine?"

Absolutely babycakes!!! once it is open theres no going back.........the bottle must be drank!!!!! till the last drop :devil:

Wanna pop a couple of bottles with this awesomely tanned man!?
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    www.aa.org

:wink:
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I FULLY intend on Zin-ing tonight! lol
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Its like my daily ritual usually. After work I hit the gym, then shower up then dinner with wine...............and wine night cap afterwards. I know they say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Im averaging about a bottle of Merlot a night. Do you think I might be overdoing it a bit?

I do work out alot and take a daily multivitamin!:bigsmile:

The vitamins in your multivitamin negate any bad effects of the wine. So feel free to get "wine-y", but get late night hard core physical activity in order to avoid temporary weight gain.
  • doreenindetroit
    Options
    Its like my daily ritual usually. After work I hit the gym, then shower up then dinner with wine...............and wine night cap afterwards. I know they say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Im averaging about a bottle of Merlot a night. Do you think I might be overdoing it a bit?

I do work out alot and take a daily multivitamin!:bigsmile:

If it makes you happy... it can't be that bad - Sheryl Crow
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I work for physicians. If you told your doctor you drank a bottle of wine a night....they would diagnose you as an "alcoholic".

I too used to drink this much and I weighed about 40 pounds more than I do now. Now that I don't drink except perhaps twice a month, I realized that my problem wasn't really with food, it was with alcohol.

Do you drink a bottle and not "snack" while drinking? I always ended up eating again once I drank because alcohol made me hungry. I would end up consuming around 1200 more calories a day just by drinking on a daily basis.

If you don't mind being "labeled" an alcoholic by professionals, you don't snack while drinking , and you got a good liver, then do what you feel is right The choice is yours.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No way, you're doing us all a favor and filling the wine deficit that MFP creates lol
  • fanarad
    fanarad Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would worry about is the calories. I am also a wine lover and would drink it daily if I could afford to (calorie wise). There is about 122 calories in a 5 oz glass of Merlot and i believe there is around 25 or so ounces in a bottle so you are looking at around 488 calories or so. I was drinking white wine a week ago and looked up the calories only to find out that I drank about 550 calories! Yikes! For me if I am going to have calories I would rather eat them, lol. :smile:

I really hope this is a joke. The only thing wrong with drinking a bottle of wine per day is the calories??? *facepalm*
    That much alcohol a day is just bad for your health, not just due to weight gain.

Agreed! That really can't be a smart thing to do :S I love my vino but there are just so many things wrong with this concern (if it is legit).
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    *hick* :drinker: