I drink about a bottle of wine a day. Should I cut back?

Options

Replies

• krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I will never give up wine....never...nope...I wont do it.

:drinker:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Its like my daily ritual usually. After work I hit the gym, then shower up then dinner with wine...............and wine night cap afterwards. I know they say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Im averaging about a bottle of Merlot a night. Do you think I might be overdoing it a bit?

I do work out alot and take a daily multivitamin!:bigsmile:

In general if you think you might be drinking too much, you probably are.
    www.alcoholscreening.org
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    At a certain point (perhaps even after one glass) the negative effects on your liver (and possibly other systems) outweigh the positive effects for your heart. The calorie issue probably isn't the big issue--it's the strain on your body to metabolize all the alcohol.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: YES! A glass is great, a whole bottle is too much. You may end up with a problem if you don't have one already. (And this is from someone who family is French and we drink wine at every occasion; even lunch.)
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    What about beer?
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I also refuse to give up wine! I do try to stick to drinking mostly on weekends.. but come mid week.. like say tonight i might have to cave and have some wine..or something to drink..
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I also refuse to give up wine! I do try to stick to drinking mostly on weekends.. but come mid week.. like say tonight i might have to cave and have some wine..or something to drink..

See this sums it up...I kinda do what I have to do but then I just want to relax and let my mind just float a bit so I end up drinking.........
  • kmadki4
    kmadki4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that much alcohol is doing damage to your liver. Who cares about calories? You'll wish you'd cut back when your liver is failing.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I think as long as its not causing any issues for you go for it!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I sense an overwhelming misunderstanding of sarcasm on this thread..... :indifferent:
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Its like my daily ritual usually. After work I hit the gym, then shower up then dinner with wine...............and wine night cap afterwards. I know they say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Im averaging about a bottle of Merlot a night. Do you think I might be overdoing it a bit?

I do work out alot and take a daily multivitamin!:bigsmile:

In general if you think you might be drinking too much, you probably are.
    www.alcoholscreening.org

do the screening Beerrunner and tell us the results!!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Now I'm no nutritionist but I am pretty sure that wine is negative calories and helps burn fat. At least that's what I tell myself.
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    c
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would worry about is the calories. I am also a wine lover and would drink it daily if I could afford to (calorie wise). There is about 122 calories in a 5 oz glass of Merlot and i believe there is around 25 or so ounces in a bottle so you are looking at around 488 calories or so. I was drinking white wine a week ago and looked up the calories only to find out that I drank about 550 calories! Yikes! For me if I am going to have calories I would rather eat them, lol. :smile:

I really hope this is a joke. The only thing wrong with drinking a bottle of wine per day is the calories??? *facepalm*
    That much alcohol a day is just bad for your health, not just due to weight gain.
  • ckauszler
    ckauszler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If its red wine, thats fine.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    For some reason, when you say you drink a bottle, you sound like a lush. Just say you have about 3 or 4 glasses of wine. That just has a better ring to it. It's also less calories. :drinker:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    If its red wine, thats fine.

See thats what I was thinking babycakes.........red wine is supposed to be good for you!?
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I will never give up wine....never...nope...I wont do it.

This is me!!!! ^^^^^^ :D
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Everybody drink up! I work in the wine industry and we need your support.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    184842_374838582603628_1224286015_n.jpg