I drink about a bottle of wine a day. Should I cut back?

Options

Replies

• lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    A whole bottle....every day? Now that's just tragic. I would be very worried and concerned about the effects on my liver.
    If you can't or won't cut down maybe you need some help with it.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    wine-o!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Only one bottle? For shame.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for wine I wouldn't have kids . . .
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I think you should switch to Rum.

I second this :drinker:
    3rd... I am good for a 26er a day .. its the 12 Cola I worry about
  • brievamp
    Options
    From a health standpoint: A bottle is a little much. Even if you are working off all that sugar (ethanol --> sugar in your liver), a doctor would tell you that five glasses of wine a night (the whole bottle) is too much.

From a wine drinker's standpoint: Go for it. Stress can be a lot harder on your body than the negatives of drinking daily.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's just a scare tactic. Don't let him frighten you into giving up wine.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I thought the recommendation to get the max health benefits was 2 bottles. Step up your game man.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My life flashed before my eyes and all I saw was wine and penises. I have lived a good life.
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I too am a WINO! I'm struggling with this - glad you asked the question. Do you factor the wine into your calories? I always do... but have noticed that some days I'm drinking 1/3 of my total calories which means my body isn't getting the nutrition it needs.

I gotta have my wine... am trying to keep it to 1-2 glasses.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Truer words...

:tongue:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes. Stop. It isn't healthy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...what I meant to say is:

Great job with your post about trying not to be such an alcoholic, OP!! I wish you nothing but success in all your fitness and health goals. :flowerforyou:
  • black_sands
    Options
    It might be a bit too much, but then again.. alcohol preserves, you'll probably stay younger a looong time =)

No seriously, I think a bottle is too much no matter how much you workout or eat clean.
    why: alcohol worries your LIVER and the liver is what is keeping our bodies clean (kidneys aside). Here in Austria every wine (esp. red wine) is served with a glass of water, just as coffee is (... yes.. haha, the irony..), because both alcohol and coffee dehydrate.

However I think if you don't want to cut it down (don't want or can't?), it might help if you drink a glass of water for every 1/4l (wine glass). As long as you enjoy it in a healthy, non-addictive way you might be fine =) I hope you will be!

sorry if this has been covered already, I pretty much only scanned the previous posts.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Love wine - it's my only remaining vice. Although I know it's not good for me, I too can and do manage a bottle a day within my calorie allowance as I exercise like a demon. I guess it depends if it would shake your resolve to keep going; at the moment, I think I would be in danger of falling off the whole better eating, better exercising wagon if I were to ditch the vino...a personal thing I guess; if you are meeting your other goals, then maybe you should cut yourself some slack!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey it's made from fruit so surely it's just part of your 5 a day!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    HEY.... AS LONG AS IT'S IN SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS BEERRUNNER!!!!!!

hoho-1.jpg
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    If you close your eyes when you drink it then it shouldn't really count. Just like infidelity.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yes just keep up all the drinking and I will ALWAYS have a job billing insurances for your visits to our clinic to help you get off it.....