Ending the MFP Cliques

Options
NormalSaneFLGuy
NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it. Not to mention some of the popularity contests. I've seen cliques swarm seemingly obvious questions that are sincere inquiries by new members and chase them away with unnecesary judgments. My question is... how do we stop it? How do we end the cliques?

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    We don't, it's human nature. And the bigger the clique, the meaner the group. Also human nature!!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Pitchforks and torches. Like the good old days.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    If you delete me, my friends will stage a protest. So don't even try.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    in b4 the flame
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed any cliqueishness at all. Maybe it's just you.

You do you. Everything else will take care of itself.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    We don't, it's human nature. And the bigger the clique, the meaner the group. Also human nature!!

I disagree. Bigger groups have more power, but that doesn't mean they are meaner.
    The attitude of the group speaks to the character of the members within it.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Ain't nobody f*ckin with ma clique..clique..clique..
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Most my friends are friends with each other..

& We are better then all of you, so don't even try..
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    I've never noticed any cliqueishness at all. Maybe it's just you.

You do you. Everything else will take care of itself.

I see it all over the forums and user pages.

I only bring it up because it chases of newbies and even serious members because they get sick of the childishness.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Ain't nobody fresher den ma mah f*ckin clique.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    Idk.... IMO people are way too sensitive to internet feedback/boards/comments. It's hard for me to relate because I do not take people so seriously and I like smart *kitten*. :) (even when I am the butt of a smart *kitten*'s joke ...its hilarious)
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

I disagree. Bigger groups have more power, but that doesn't mean they are meaner.

Show me one 'big' clique, anywhere. That are just a bunch of nice people. And I will wholeheartedly admit my mistake.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Clique.....clique.....clique....BOOM!

I'm pretty sure you're imagining the whole clique thing.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Idk.... IMO people are way too sensitive to internet feedback/boards/comments. It's hard for me to relate because I do not take people so seriously and I like smart *kitten*. :) (even when I am the butt of a smart *kitten*'s joke ...its hilarious)

I don't take people seriously either. I love to post jocular comments. However, there are some straight up stalkers on here who harass others repeatedly. There are also people who are intentionally mean to cause harm. I am not speaking about people who post innocent jokes and silly comments.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Lolumad, brah?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You cannot stop the changeable...You can either ignore everyone - becoming a hermit, or accept that your prejudices are just that, and move beyond by accepting people as a whole - what you perceive as the good and the bad.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Hey, its princess and the troll. You guys always amuse me with your antics. You try to play with the big dogs, but you really should just stay on the porch.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    If you delete me, my friends will stage a protest. So don't even try.

I think they might cheer. =P
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    clique.gif
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

Hmm.....Is this why we deem smaller countries 3rd world powers?