Ending the MFP Cliques

Options

Replies

• IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Idk.... IMO people are way too sensitive to internet feedback/boards/comments. It's hard for me to relate because I do not take people so seriously and I like smart *kitten*. :) (even when I am the butt of a smart *kitten*'s joke ...its hilarious)

However, there are some straight up stalkers on here who harass others repeatedly. There are also people who are intentionally mean to cause harm.

Report button? Seems to be the only thing members can do.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    Mine friends are more of a posse than a clique
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Internet people aren't even real.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hey, its princess and the troll. You guys always amuse me with your antics. You try to play with the big dogs, but you really should just stay on the porch.

Slinks back to porch with head down..... :sad:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Since when did clique become synonymous with friends?

Offline, if you have a group of mutual friends and you cut one of them out of your life, don't the other mutual friends want to know why? It's a natural reaction.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed any cliqueishness at all. Maybe it's just you.

You do you. Everything else will take care of itself.

I see it all over the forums and user pages.

I only bring it up because it chases of newbies and even serious members because they get sick of the childishness.

Awww did someones feelings get hurt by the big bad interweb. Honestly everyone should remove the sand out of their V*****'s and get over it..
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Fire_Rock Clique, Activate!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Heh
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Hey, its princess and the troll. You guys always amuse me with your antics. You try to play with the big dogs, but you really should just stay on the porch.

Slinks back to porch with head down..... :sad:

No, you are ok.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it. Not to mention some of the popularity contests. I've seen cliques swarm seemingly obvious questions that are sincere inquiries by new members and chase them away with unnecesary judgments. My question is... how do we stop it? How do we end the cliques?

there's only one way...

5375683_std.jpg
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    here's how i handle it - i don't care.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    We get over it and move on.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Since when did clique become synonymous with friends?

Offline, if you have a group of mutual friends and you cut one of them out of your life, don't the other mutual friends want to know why? It's a natural reaction.

Not really. They figure you have your reasons and let you be you. If they tried to get up in my business and tell me what to do, I'd ignore them in person too.
  • _Katastrophic
    Options
    Idk.... IMO people are way too sensitive to internet feedback/boards/comments. It's hard for me to relate because I do not take people so seriously and I like smart *kitten*. :) (even when I am the butt of a smart *kitten*'s joke ...its hilarious)

However, there are some straight up stalkers on here who harass others repeatedly. There are also people who are intentionally mean to cause harm.

Report button? Seems to be the only thing members can do.

OMG seriously! If you dont like whats in the forums or whats going on then dont look or go in and comment duh!
  • skittles1928
    skittles1928 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Apparently it's here, but I never run into it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You seem to have the wrong friends. Or you're joking. I can't tell.
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion from the reply's I read....that are some on here are either very young or very immature. I had one that was very ugly to one of my responses. I did not answer it because I refused to act the way she did. Don't let their actions bring you down. We are all suppose to be here for the same reason.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed any cliqueishness at all. Maybe it's just you.

You do you. Everything else will take care of itself.

I see it all over the forums and user pages.

I only bring it up because it chases of newbies and even serious members because they get sick of the childishness.

Awww did someones feelings get hurt by the big bad interweb. Honestly everyone should remove the sand out of their V*****'s and get over it..

No feelings were hurt and you'd know that if you comprehended the English language. My entire point was that people get tired of it. Being sad about something is different than being tired of dealing with something. Two very different things.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Fire_Rock Clique, Activate!

that was hot....unfortunately i'm not a part of your "clique"

(sad panda)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Apparently it's here, but I never run into it.

We're all around you at this very moment, you just don't know... :devil: