• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Fire_Rock Clique, Activate!

:laugh:

wonder_twins3.jpg
  • Homer_z_Spartan
    Options
    The fact is most of MFP is women. And everyone knows that you make a woman happy by rubbing her clique.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Since when did clique become synonymous with friends?

Offline, if you have a group of mutual friends and you cut one of them out of your life, don't the other mutual friends want to know why? It's a natural reaction.

^^^

It's just the internet.
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it. Not to mention some of the popularity contests. I've seen cliques swarm seemingly obvious questions that are sincere inquiries by new members and chase them away with unnecesary judgments. My question is... how do we stop it? How do we end the cliques?

I see it and I ignore it. They will be who they want to be. Feel sorry for them if anything, they are pathetic. There are some wonderful people on here and there are also a lot of really unneccessarily nasty people. Just like everywhere else in this wonderful but effed up world. Ignore the people who obviously never got out of high school, even though they are in their 40's and 50's now. If someone's first instinct in life is to put someone down, treat someone like they are stupid, be consescending, or patronizing, they are pathetic and should be ignored.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it.

I can honestly say that I don't pay attention to who my friends add and delete. Who I keep on my FL is entirely up to me and I would never tell one of my friends that they had to choose me over another user.

That being said, I was attacked this morning via PM by another user because she didn't like something I wrote on a mutual friend's profile. The mutual friend decided to delete the other user from her FL. This kind of stuff happens every damn day. I would have never asked or expected her to delete the other user. It's an individual's choice as to how they maintain their FL. If they let their friends TELL them who to add and delete then that's up to them.

That chick was deleted because she started drama with a friend on my page. Drama is not something I want to deal with while trying to lose weight.

I thought drama was part of losing weight?? That's what I learned on the Biggest Loser....

Maybe... but I only want the drama on should I or should I not eat back my calories. Not some person getting upset off of a comment made to me on my page. Really?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    If it was really as bad as you say it is, why are there new members every day.

Toughen up a bit. If people group together and delete you let them....obviously they are not the ones you want to be friends with in the first place right?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    My dog eats her own poop sometimes.
    Wrong thread Sandwich!
    :angry:
    Geezus man, can't we just get along???
    No.

YESYESYES
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    311126_503317333031943_391980085_n.jpg
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    The fact is most of MFP is women. And everyone knows that you make a woman happy by rubbing her clique.

Just had to requote this - hahahaha!!!!!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    my clique... minus the dancing.

west-side-story-jets.jpg

Oh but the dancing is part of what makes Cliques fun
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You didn't know? People have this dart board, see. It constantly updates with everything we see and hear throughout the day. In the morning, we wake up, lob a dart at the board, and whatever it lands on, well, that's what we're going to be pissed off about today. It's sorta fun, you should try. Weird results sometimes, though. Apparently today I'm pissed off at turtles.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Suggit.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options

lmao...
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Since when did clique become synonymous with friends?

Offline, if you have a group of mutual friends and you cut one of them out of your life, don't the other mutual friends want to know why? It's a natural reaction.

^^^

It's just the internet.

So everyone out on this site are robots and not real people? I have made friends with a lot of the people on my FL and have met a few....and plan on meeting more in the future if fate allows!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    I had a hit put out on me this week for deleting someone. Now I need to walk the long way home from school. :sad:
    Did the person you deleted have a spreadsheet or database to track their friends? I tell ya -- some folks take that list waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

^This DOES happen.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I take a firm stance of apathy. It serves me well.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I had a hit put out on me this week for deleting someone. Now I need to walk the long way home from school. :sad:
    Did the person you deleted have a spreadsheet or database to track their friends? I tell ya -- some folks take that list waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
    ^This DOES happen.
    Indeed. These are the same folks that worry about you having their "enemies" on your list. :laugh:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    resistance-is-futile.jpg