Ending the MFP Cliques

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The fact is most of MFP is women. And everyone knows that you make a woman happy by rubbing her clique.

:drinker:

:smokin:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I had a hit put out on me this week for deleting someone. Now I need to walk the long way home from school. :sad:
    Did the person you deleted have a spreadsheet or database to track their friends? I tell ya -- some folks take that list waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

^This DOES happen.

This is what I was wondering. How on earth would you even know you've been 'unfriended'?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    my clique... minus the dancing.

west-side-story-jets.jpg

Oh but the dancing is part of what makes Cliques fun

well, we make up for it with more strutting and snapping of our fingers. it works for us.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not in one of these clique things. They sound awful.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Why so serious...
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I had a hit put out on me this week for deleting someone. Now I need to walk the long way home from school. :sad:
    Did the person you deleted have a spreadsheet or database to track their friends? I tell ya -- some folks take that list waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

I don't know, but her clique is 300 strong :grumble:
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I declare shenanigans!

This guy could be in my clique....if I had one....GOD! I'M SOOOO LONELY!!!!!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I take a firm stance of apathy. It serves me well.

i would love to love apathy, but really, it just makes me go... "meh".
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed any cliqueishness at all. Maybe it's just you.

You do you. Everything else will take care of itself.

I see it all over the forums and user pages.

I only bring it up because it chases of newbies and even serious members because they get sick of the childishness.

Here's what you can do. Just be you. If you're really concerned with cliques, or what I'd like to call "groups of friendly chummy people with common likes and interests", either ignore them or join them. It's the f*cking internet. No need to get all sadz over silliness on the message boards and friend lists. Who cares. Be a legend in your own mind. Or be one of those kids that isn't part of a group/clique but yet everyone respects. Just don't be a whiner.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Since when did clique become synonymous with friends?

Offline, if you have a group of mutual friends and you cut one of them out of your life, don't the other mutual friends want to know why? It's a natural reaction.

^^^

It's just the internet.

So everyone out on this site are robots and not real people? I have made friends with a lot of the people on my FL and have met a few....and plan on meeting more in the future if fate allows!

That's very cool for you!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You didn't know? People have this dart board, see. It constantly updates with everything we see and hear throughout the day. In the morning, we wake up, lob a dart at the board, and whatever it lands on, well, that's what we're going to be pissed off about today. It's sorta fun, you should try. Weird results sometimes, though. Apparently today I'm pissed off at turtles.

Damn turtles!!! All hidin out in their shell and stuff...... actin like they're better than I am. Ugh!
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Why is everybody so mean! You're a mean mean man!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm a cat person.

Aha!

Mystery solved.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If you've seen my boobs or I've seen yours, you have a safe place in my clique.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    It's time that we stopped worrying about drama like this, and focused on the real problem here: The lack of hot chicks posting pics in the NC-17 group, and the overabundance of nasty pics, including tufts of *kitten* hair. :sick:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it. Not to mention some of the popularity contests. I've seen cliques swarm seemingly obvious questions that are sincere inquiries by new members and chase them away with unnecesary judgments. My question is... how do we stop it? How do we end the cliques?

Well, we could all grow up and stop caring what the mean girls think or do.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    So....how do I get into "said" clique. I want a family. All my life I just wanted to belong. To be loved. Accepted. How do I get in? Is there an initiation? A beat-in? Off? Circle jerk? JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    click
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it.

I can honestly say that I don't pay attention to who my friends add and delete. Who I keep on my FL is entirely up to me and I would never tell one of my friends that they had to choose me over another user.

That being said, I was attacked this morning via PM by another user because she didn't like something I wrote on a mutual friend's profile. The mutual friend decided to delete the other user from her FL. This kind of stuff happens every damn day. I would have never asked or expected her to delete the other user. It's an individual's choice as to how they maintain their FL. If they let their friends TELL them who to add and delete then that's up to them.

That chick was deleted because she started drama with a friend on my page. Drama is not something I want to deal with while trying to lose weight.

I thought drama was part of losing weight?? That's what I learned on the Biggest Loser....

I was attacked via PM too, over the weekend for offering sound, rational advice. I was told I was a horrible person and blah blah blah...but in truth who is the real hypocrite here? HMMM.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    There is always a nugget is every batch........always. Sometimes.....you need to flush that much more.