• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    LEGS_N_BACON

There I fixed it for you!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    MFP is a collection of individuals. Individuals are by nature bound to form cliques. While your point is well taken you are engaging in an exercise in futility in attempting to stop the cliques. This for sure is not a good exercise to waste your valuable time on. Moreover, at the end of the day, it really shouldn't stop you from your fitness goals. The community is secondary or at least it should be. I think that is the real problem here.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed any cliqueishness at all. Maybe it's just you.

You do you. Everything else will take care of itself.

I see it all over the forums and user pages.

I only bring it up because it chases of newbies and even serious members because they get sick of the childishness.

Awww did someones feelings get hurt by the big bad interweb. Honestly everyone should remove the sand out of their V*****'s and get over it..

No feelings were hurt and you'd know that if you comprehended the English language. My entire point was that people get tired of it. Being sad about something is different than being tired of dealing with something. Two very different things.

Actually it's not. If your tired enough to complain about it then it must be affecting your lifestyle... People's opinions do not change and your not gonna do anything about the way people interact with each other by complaining.

Flame on people lol

It is "you're," not "your."

Yes because correcting my gammer is the proper way to win this discussion. It hurt so bad :noway: :huh:

What about if we move on to spelling???
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I had a hit put out on me this week for deleting someone. Now I need to walk the long way home from school. :sad:
    Did the person you deleted have a spreadsheet or database to track their friends? I tell ya -- some folks take that list waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
    ^This DOES happen.
    Indeed. These are the same folks that worry about you having their "enemies" on your list. :laugh:

^Trust Story and so sad.

Yep that is why I deleted her.....I don't do high school drama!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Downbeat Clique motherf*ckers.................

Time Waits for No Slave..........

Somebody? Anybody?

Pusher this is a highly cerebral thread no one has time for your song lyrics!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Pretty sure this isn't high school and we're grown adults. If someone is going to put someone else down via internet they need tougher skin.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about MFP cliques you dont have enough to worry about in "real life"

haha sorry!

you worried enough to reply!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i march to the beat of my own drum....not part of a clique.....sad...i wasn't in a clique in high school either :sad:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    likeminded people kind of travel together.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about MFP cliques you dont have enough to worry about in "real life"

haha sorry!

you worried enough to reply!

I just wanted to see what people were whining about now :wink:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

I only bring it up because it chases of newbies and even serious members because they get sick of the childishness.

Awww did someones feelings get hurt by the big bad interweb. Honestly everyone should remove the sand out of their V*****'s and get over it..

No feelings were hurt and you'd know that if you comprehended the English language. My entire point was that people get tired of it. Being sad about something is different than being tired of dealing with something. Two very different things.

Actually it's not. If your tired enough to complain about it then it must be affecting your lifestyle... People's opinions do not change and your not gonna do anything about the way people interact with each other by complaining.

Flame on people lol

Yes because correcting my gammer is the proper way to win this discussion. It hurt so bad :noway: :huh:

What about if we move on to spelling???

bahahaha!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am friends with a lot of different people on MFP. Mostly, I am friends with people who asked me to be their friend. I very rarely send friend requests. So, I'd say that if you don't like your friends, then get new ones. I don't know. I think most of the people on here are nice and some of them are pretty cool.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    No clique here...just a full on Island Party!!! (by invitation only of course )
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Since when did clique become synonymous with friends?

Offline, if you have a group of mutual friends and you cut one of them out of your life, don't the other mutual friends want to know why? It's a natural reaction.

^^^

It's just the internet.

Well, now that explains how you, Wendy, can justify being so rude and condescending to other people about subject matter that you know nothing about!

Yup, "it's just the internet" so that gives us license to be rude, condescending, belittling, ridiculing, and anything we want! We can promote the notion that because we disagree it MUST be wrong for everyone! Yay, you helped me figure it all out! Now I get it! (Food for thought: do I decide to stoop this low.... maybe I already did!) :devil:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I want to be a part of a clique....
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree about the clique mentality - and I will also freely admit that I sometimes take offense when I ask a legitimate question and get rude, snarky comments back.

And I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out how to delete or "close/end" a thread on the discussion board to eliminate more comments.

The only solution I have come up with so far is to click on the person's name on the message board, and choose the option to ignore that person. As for deleteing someone - why should they care if you deleted someone they enjoy conversing with??? Just delete who you want, and if you get ugly feedback from it, delete those people too. Who needs mean spirited people for support on this journey anyway??? There are plenty of people out there who will supporty you. Good luck!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution.

lol WUT :noway:
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think we should start a Mutual Admiration Society.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Flame on people lol

Ommmm...you just violated a MFP Guideline.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    likeminded people kind of travel together.

you're so smart . . . and pretty . . . can I be in your clique? :flowerforyou: