Ending the MFP Cliques

Options

Replies

• kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    Idk.... IMO people are way too sensitive to internet feedback/boards/comments. It's hard for me to relate because I do not take people so seriously and I like smart *kitten*. :) (even when I am the butt of a smart *kitten*'s joke ...its hilarious)

I don't take people seriously either. I love to post jocular comments. However, there are some straight up stalkers on here who harass others repeatedly. There are also people who are intentionally mean to cause harm. I am not speaking about people who post innocent jokes and silly comments.

well let people leave if they can not be mature enough to ingnore childish antics. I mean really we all have a choice. you either continue on or wallow around in the **** life throws at us. I am all for encouragement and am sympathetic to people who have been rude to for no reason but at the same time it's hard to comprehend on my end the level of sensitivity people have. But I am just the type that let things roll off my back and move on. I am just they type that believes people around you shouldn't control your emotions. those that remove theirself probably made a good choice if they dwell on the comments of others.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Since when did clique become synonymous with friends?

Offline, if you have a group of mutual friends and you cut one of them out of your life, don't the other mutual friends want to know why? It's a natural reaction.

Not really. They figure you have your reasons and let you be you. If they tried to get up in my business and tell me what to do, I'd ignore them in person too.

Hm. Weird. My friends aren't like that. When you're in a group of mutual friends they become a unit.

Anyway. I think you're confusing clique with friendships.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Apparently it's here, but I never run into it.

We're all around you at this very moment, you just don't know... :devil:

lol!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I welcome folks who I disagree with into my friends list. Many of my friends are folks who I have at least once disagreed with on the forums but because we're all grown up, we can disagree and still like each other for other things.

That being said, what is wrong with "cliques"? I mean, if I see one of my friends posting in a post that is encouraging ED then ofcourse I will join in to talk and back my friend up. Its just natural. Also, repeated points usually tend to get through folks better than just being mentioned once.

As for the investigation about why somebody got deleted, blah blah. I think you need to add more mature people in your list. My friends have yet to ask me why I deleted somebody or why I declined adding somebody. Once again, we're all grown ups and don't need to get into somebodys business unless some harmful behavior is noticed
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Say click take a pic
    Say click take a pic
    I am click the camera i can take a pic
    i can see and hear the animal in trouble
    swing through the forest and out to the sea to find the animal just call on me
    say click take a pic
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    My dog eats her own poop sometimes.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Since when did clique become synonymous with friends?

Offline, if you have a group of mutual friends and you cut one of them out of your life, don't the other mutual friends want to know why? It's a natural reaction.

Not really. They figure you have your reasons and let you be you. If they tried to get up in my business and tell me what to do, I'd ignore them in person too.

Hm. Weird. My friends aren't like that. When you're in a group of mutual friends they become a unit.

Anyway. I think you're confusing clique with friendships.

Maybe you are thinking of vultures and their friendships.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Ain't nobody fresher den ma mah f*ckin clique.

Can I be in your clique? Pretty please??
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are cliquey on here. I can't even delete someone without their friends complaining and wanting to know why or wanting to delete me as retribution. If you disagree with somone in the forums, all their friends join in so they can win with numbers instead of substance. People watch who you add, delete, and speak to and then try to control it.

I can honestly say that I don't pay attention to who my friends add and delete. Who I keep on my FL is entirely up to me and I would never tell one of my friends that they had to choose me over another user.

That being said, I was attacked this morning via PM by another user because she didn't like something I wrote on a mutual friend's profile. The mutual friend decided to delete the other user from her FL. This kind of stuff happens every damn day. I would have never asked or expected her to delete the other user. It's an individual's choice as to how they maintain their FL. If they let their friends TELL them who to add and delete then that's up to them.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

This is why I'm a cat person.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Maybe you are thinking of vultures and their friendships.

No. I'm thinking of reality and not the internet.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Say click take a pic
    Say click take a pic
    say click take a pic

Geezzzus....Now that's gonna be stuck in my head for a week.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Wrong thread Sandwich!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Ain't nobody fresher den ma mah f*ckin clique.

Can I be in your clique? Pretty please??

You are the Jay-Z to my Kanye!
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Say click take a pic
    Say click take a pic
    say click take a pic

I am magical that way. I burn terrible things in peoples brains.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Say click take a pic
    Say click take a pic
    say click take a pic

I totally sang this while I read it.... :embarassed:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed any cliqueishness at all. Maybe it's just you.

You do you. Everything else will take care of itself.

I see it all over the forums and user pages.

I only bring it up because it chases of newbies and even serious members because they get sick of the childishness.

Awww did someones feelings get hurt by the big bad interweb. Honestly everyone should remove the sand out of their V*****'s and get over it..

No feelings were hurt and you'd know that if you comprehended the English language. My entire point was that people get tired of it. Being sad about something is different than being tired of dealing with something. Two very different things.

Actually it's not. If your tired enough to complain about it then it must be affecting your lifestyle... People's opinions do not change and your not gonna do anything about the way people interact with each other by complaining.

Flame on people lol
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I belong to the "You say something really stupid you get burned" clique... proudly.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Because groups of ppl have similar ideas or friends does not mean what they have to say is insubstantial. If you are offended with the way it’s said, stop reading. If you can prove them wrong, do so. It’s the internet; you are not going to change how ppl interact on forums cuz you don’t agree or like it.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Idk.... IMO people are way too sensitive to internet feedback/boards/comments. It's hard for me to relate because I do not take people so seriously and I like smart *kitten*. :) (even when I am the butt of a smart *kitten*'s joke ...its hilarious)

However, there are some straight up stalkers on here who harass others repeatedly. There are also people who are intentionally mean to cause harm.

Report button? Seems to be the only thing members can do.

OMG seriously! If you dont like whats in the forums or whats going on then dont look or go in and comment duh!

Omgz duh that would be the easy answer, but people will never do that because they like the drama.